• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyway to unlock multiplier of a P3 800MHz FC-PGA CPU?

ati.bob

I'm trying to squeeze as much performance as possible out of my old P3 system.. Anyway of doing that? I've switched the FSB to run at 140MHz so the CPU will run at 840MHz.. I can't touch the CPU multiplier as it's locked.. any suggestions?

Well, I recall giving Wizzer some link saying something about it. I'm currently not at home though, e-mail me or send me a private message and I'll look up the link in my history when I'm back home.

Or if Wizzer is faster he can do it :)

ati.bob

All really technical stuffs (connecting extra circuits to the CPU, replacing the core, etc.) makes me dizzy.. Didn't really catch the instructions of doing it.. Any more "user-friendly" links? :)

Doubt it, until I read this I thought it was impossible. If you want to waste 15-25 euros on an upgrade get a tualatin celly, if your board is moddable to support them and you don't already have one that is :)

ati.bob

I didn't really see any proper instructions on those sites on unlocking the multiplier... I was hoping that I could do it simply like with the early Athlons with simple connection on the CPU board...