• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic Announces the Liquid Freezer II 420 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

I already listed them, going from 38mm 360 to 420 isn't going to make a ton of difference for most people. If you're going Threadripper and dumping a crapton of heat with a heavy overclock, this WILL NOT satisfy you. I have used it on a 7900X and while it did OK, the noise ratio of the fans are simply targeted at silence with overhead, such as usage on an 8 core Ryzen.

You could improve the pump or the rad, for instance. Simply enlarging the rad is not much of a different effort than what Alphacool does. Aka not of actual use.

You don't think a 36% increase in surface area is substantial? Not to mention the increase in the volume of air able to be moved by the larger fans?

Processor 3900X 4.425
Motherboard X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Galahad 360 push-pull
Memory 2x16gb Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 3060 Ti OC
Storage Optane 280gb PCI-E
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Core X71
Audio Device(s) ATOLL DAC 100SE, Sony DN1070 - Dali Ikon 1 MK2, Presonus Studio 192, Line 6 POD HD rack, Audix VX10
Power Supply AX1500i
Mouse Pulsar Xlite wireless white
Keyboard Leopold FC980C 30g white
Software Win 10 Pro
It's just not about volume of air but more about pressure when it comes to rads. Extra volume of rad size won't really help over, say copper rad because you already have sufficient rad space. Most people run Zens. The 360 is pretty quiet and well performing there.

While it's good to see non-Asetek based AIOs providing competition with top tier performance, their 2 year warranty gives me pause. Sometimes the warranty length does not directly correlate to the company's confidence in their product, but since Arctic is, from what I gather, still quite new to the liquid cooling market I'm leaning toward more established companies for my new build in a couple months.
Regardless, I expect GN will get their hands on one of these new 420mm units and we could see an interesting video showing how cooling performance scales with radiator size/volume using 120, 240, 280, 360, and 420mm units in the same product stack.

Processor 3900X 4.425
Motherboard X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Galahad 360 push-pull
Memory 2x16gb Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 3060 Ti OC
Storage Optane 280gb PCI-E
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Core X71
Audio Device(s) ATOLL DAC 100SE, Sony DN1070 - Dali Ikon 1 MK2, Presonus Studio 192, Line 6 POD HD rack, Audix VX10
Power Supply AX1500i
Mouse Pulsar Xlite wireless white
Keyboard Leopold FC980C 30g white
Software Win 10 Pro
Asetek units are a big time rip off, and never had serious good reliability. They had issues ranging from pumps dying to Corsair lights changing colors. The Liquid Freezer II, currently, IS the AIO.

GamersNexus rated the 360 version as the top performing AIO in their testing and also one of the better-designed AIOs, so here's to hoping this one is just as good.

SativaPancake

I have a LF II 420, its performance is amazing for a 5950x, but the tube length is way to short. 420 is a HUGE radiator and fan set up. With that said, you need a HUGE case to fit it... Bigger case means that the the distance the tubes need to go are much longer than say a mid tower with a 280. If the tubes were an inch or two longer it would be perfect. Mounting with tubes down on the front of the case - there is no way for the tubes to make it over the GPU (especially non founders edition 3080s/3090s). Top mount is ok, but in such a large case with the short tube length you pretty much have to mount it were it fits - and don't have enough tubing length to make the case look and feel how you want with your other components. Definitely recommend this cooler but buyer beware this thing is incredibly big (in all dimensions - thickness too) and the tube length is a bit too short for how big a case you will have to have to even mount it.

D

Deleted member 193596

Could this fit in an nzxt h710 I wonder?

had the 280 and 360.
neither are fit in the H710
Top mounted (the NZXT Method an stock reaches about 1CM over the ram slots)

front mounted is so thick that you can't fit the tubes from the bottom to the CPU without bending it like crazy