• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctis 1 Wireless Headset Mic not working — Fortnite

xotwodmami

So I recently just bought the Artics 1 Wireless Headset and I finally got it in the mail today from Amazon. I plugged it into my Nintendo switch and loaded it up Fortnite on my console. I got a couple of friends of mine to enter my lobby to try and test out the microphone. The audio works perfectly fine except the microphone not picking up my voice. According to my friends, they can only hear whenever I plug or unplug the microphone. Even the audio does not detect my voice in the audio notification icon that is above where my username is in my lobby. I’ve already tried restarting the app multiple times, and I also turn on and off my voice chat. I have also tried muting and unmuting my microphone, and even restarted my console multiple times. I also decided to try out the audio on my MacBook Pro and tried using the sound settings to try and detect my microphone. And it still even then won’t detect my voice.

Please help a girl out I was so excited to finally use this!!

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, AMD X570
Cooling EK AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory Team Group Xtreem "8Pack Edition" 32GB DDR4-4000 CL18 (running 3400 CL14)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme
Storage Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB, 3 x 10TB WD ST10000 Enterprise SATA
Display(s) 2 x 27" - ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A (GSync, HDR), Dell U2715H, XFX triple monitor stand
Case Coolermaster HAF932
Power Supply 750W EVGA SuperNOVA G3
Mouse TURE GXT 160
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/8532552 https://www.3dmark.com/fs/20442356
So I recently just bought the Artics 1 Wireless Headset and I finally got it in the mail today from Amazon. I plugged it into my Nintendo switch and loaded it up Fortnite on my console. I got a couple of friends of mine to enter my lobby to try and test out the microphone. The audio works perfectly fine except the microphone not picking up my voice. According to my friends, they can only hear whenever I plug or unplug the microphone. Even the audio does not detect my voice in the audio notification icon that is above where my username is in my lobby. I’ve already tried restarting the app multiple times, and I also turn on and off my voice chat. I have also tried muting and unmuting my microphone, and even restarted my console multiple times. I also decided to try out the audio on my MacBook Pro and tried using the sound settings to try and detect my microphone. And it still even then won’t detect my voice.

Please help a girl out I was so excited to finally use this!!

Hi, I am having exact same problem with new Arctis 1 Headset on a Switch console. No mic audio in Fortnite. Using the docked console and the headset transmitter is plugged into dock using USB cable it came with. Did you ever figure out what was wrong and how to fix it??

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes