• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are all software/scheduling issues with e-cores fixed on Intel 12th to 14th Gen - Willing to give hybrid ach a chance now

System Name Never trust a socket with less than 2000 pins
Cyberpunk just had an update recently that had to specifically tell e-cores and p-cores what to do. I can tell you not a lot of devs will go out of their way to do that.

That is not necessarily an improvement. Traditionally it is better to let the in-kernel OS scheduler do this job, because it knows more about total system load (especially the kernel itself).

Has there been any reporting about how effective this is?

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
That is not necessarily an improvement. Traditionally it is better to let the in-kernel OS scheduler do this job, because it knows more about total system load (especially the kernel itself).

Has there been any reporting about how effective this is?

It says "prioritize P-cores". Which is what the OS scheduler should do anyway. This probably does little more than providing the proper hints to the scheduler.

14900k is being sold as a gaming cpu - the 7950x isn't. That's the difference. You could argue that a product like the 7900x3d is e-waste, and i would agree... it's not like all amd products are amazing.
Lol ? I'm sorry, but that argument is factually fake.... what are you people even saying, both AMD and Intel market their CPU for gaming and creation, X3D is just a server tech that happened to be really good for gaming as well. The hate for e-cores is so strong that people would actually make shit up ?
1710431760608.png

1710434148230.png

1710431845537.png

1710434357038.png

Last edited:
System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
The hate for e-cores Intel is so strong that people would actually make shit up ?
Fixed.

Not only that, theyll call you a troll when you try to stop the fake made up facts. :D

System Name Dark Palimpsest
Processor Intel i9 13900k with Optimus Foundation Block
Motherboard EVGA z690 Classified
Cooling MO-RA3 420mm Custom Loop
Memory G.Skill 6000, 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia 4090 FE with Heatkiller Block
Storage 3 NVMe SSDs, 2TB-each, plus a SATA SSD
Case Be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Logitech G Pro X
Power Supply Be quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 X
Keyboard GMMK Pro + Numpad
I had just mentioned APO (yesterday?), but apparently Intel just added 12 more games to their APO, totaling 14. it also adds an advanced mode that supposedly allows non-14th gen CPUs and untested games to be tried as well, which could actually make it a viable app, assuming it actually works or helps. I don't play any of the games they added, so I have no idea. I also don't have a motherboard that will ever get more BIOS updates or allow APO to work, so I can't even test it lol.

I keep hearing e-cores or otherwise P cores on single die more than 8 with HT/SMT off would be best gaming solution. We have one option that being Intel with the Gracemont e-cores on same die, but no option for more than 8 P core son a node as AMD has max of 8 per CCD. Last non-hybrid arch with more than 8 same type of cores on single die was Comet Lake Intel 10850K/10900K.

Maybe thread director works well. Just have heard lots of mixed reports with e0-cores though most benchmarks do seem to favor them on so maybe games are using more than 8 cores successfully?? Or something else??
The thread scheduler is broken and is nothing more than a pain in the ass if you also play older games. It's quite unbelievable how badly Intel screwed up this implementation. To those of whom that say, 'Hey, works perfectly good for me so it must be perfect,' are both ignorant and lucky enough not to have encountered it. They simply don't play a game or use an app that doesn't play well with P/E and Win11 thread scheduler. Depending on the game, you have to play with core affinities, thread scheduling policies and possibly completely disabling e-cores.

A big problem I found is that from 13th gen+, Windows still uses thread scheduling policies for P/E cores even if e-cores are disabled. If e-cores are disabled, there should be no need to distinguish the difference between P/E cores. It should just default to the standard core policy which it doesn't. It's quite infuriating. Even if you disable E-Cores, the thread scheduling policies may still screw things up with e-cores disabled.

Last edited:
System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
The thread scheduler is broken and is nothing more than a pain in the ass if you also play older games. It's quite unbelievable how badly Intel screwed up this implementation. To those of whom that say, 'Hey, works perfectly good for me so it must be perfect,' arw both ignorant and lucky enough not to have encountered it. They simply don't play a game or use an app that doesn't play well with P/E and Win11 thread scheduler. Depending on the game, you have to play with core affinities, thread scheduling policies and possibly completely disabling e-cores.

A big problem I found is that from 13th gen+, Windows still uses thread scheduling policies for P/E cores even if e-cores are disabled. If e-cores are disabled, there shoukd be no need to distinguish the difference between P/E cores. It shoukd just default to the standard core policy which it doesn't. It's quite infuriating.
I have a few questions. How does one gain insights into what the core policy is, standard or otherwise?
Even if you disable E-Cores, the thread scheduling policies may still screw things up with e-cores disabled.
Can you describe this in more detail. I am trying to understand if you disable e-cores how exactly is thread scheduling screwed up? I don't have an ecore based Intel CPU so I can't explore these issues independently.

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin
Even if you disable E-Cores, the thread scheduling policies may still screw things up with e-cores disabled.
In what way? Non-optimal use of HT, perhaps? And is it the same if you have an i3 or i5 without E cores?

I have a few questions. How does one gain insights into what the core policy is, standard or otherwise?
Since these are Hybrid cpus, first of its kind, new thread scheduling policies had to be created to differentiate between P & E cores. Unfortunately, the policies are hidden deep in the Windows power plan. You can unhide them via registry edits, but I find it much easier to use a 3rd party app to easily change the thread scheduling policies and core parking policy. Standard Core Parking is the OG policy. Heterogeneous Core Parking was implemented w/ Hybrid CPUs. I get better results using standard. W/ that said, Quickcpu is a great tool to tune thread scheduling policies that best suits your use case. It will also show what policies are currently in use. I also find using 'Prefer Performant Cores' for both short and long threads yields better results in most games.

Can you describe this in more detail. I am trying to understand if you disable e-cores how exactly is thread scheduling screwed up? I don't have an ecore based Intel CPU so I can't explore these issues independently.
This wasn't an issue with 12th gen. On 13th gen+, the Windows OS scheduler still utilizes performant or efficient thread policies when you disable e-cores in the BIOS when it should just use standard core parking and thread scheduling policies when e-cores is disabled. In the past, when you disabled e-cores, all of the P & E core policies would disappear and the standard policies would be used since there's only one set of cores present. Why Intel decided to do this is beyond me, but there is no way to convince the OS that there is only one type of core present. This leaves thread scheduling policies that are designed to work with both P&E cores, even if e cores are disabled this. You can confirm this with quickcpu even. When you open it up, you see P&E thread policies present and in use whether e-cores are disabled or not. On Windows 10 however, you don't get this behavior. On Win10, if you disable e-cores, P&E policies will be ignored and will default to standard core parking and thread scheduling policies. This is also why a lot of people who disable e-cores decided to use 10. Thr OS will default to the standard thread scheduling policies and utilize the cpu as if there's only one set of cores. This resolves a lot of issues with games that don't play well with e-cores. But guess what, there's even more bad news. On Win11, even if you disable e-cores, the Win11 thread scheduler is still in play. It cannot be disabled and often interferes with scheduling when ecores are disabled. And gues what, there's even more wonderful news. E-cores play a significant role in the cpu's l3 cache performance. If you disable e-cores, you may succumb to memory performance degradation due to the l3 cache taking a hit with e-cores disabled. I've spent years at this point on this poorly designed and implemented generation of Intel processors and its been a nightmare simply because there are a few older games I still enjoy playing.

TLDR...
Win11 uses an OS specific thread scheduler for Hybrid CPUs that cannot be disabled, even if e-cores are disabled. Win11 uses P&E thread scheduling policies whether e-cores are disabled or enabled. This creates issues in some situations.

Win10 does not have a thread scheduler, but it dies use P&E scheduling policies. If e-corss are disabled, i believe it ignores P&E policies and resorts to the standard ones (Ideal). I need to double check on this point.

Lastly, e-cores is tied directly to the cpu's l3 cache performance. If e-cores are disabled, you risk weird and/or intermittent memory performance degradation which will present itself as lag, input lag, stuttering, etc. Not all 13th+ gen cpu's are affected by this. If you are one of the unlucky few, you have no choice but to leave e-cores enabled.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Last edited:
System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
I havent really had issues gaming on my 13700k and I am using 10 without intel thread director.

However I have done some tweaking of the power profiles in windows which adjusts the scheduling behaviour.

My games will run by default on the P cores only based on my power profile settings pushing the load to p cores for FG applications.
I have HT off by default as I discovered its really inefficient, lots of extra power draw for little to no visible benefit.
I push many background apps/services to E cores only so dont get scheduling bottlenecks with FG applications aka games.
If I ever play a game thats really thread heavy, I would rather let it use E cores as extra cores than turn on HT.
I consider HT obsolete at this point.
Just in case I find software that runs better with HT on, I do have power profiles that will enable HT. I dont adjust it in the bios.

Final note, I have many games that have been CPU bottlenecked for several years, and even were on my 9900k, the 13700k is my first CPU where these games have broken through a barrier and the improvement is significant. Its possible me preventing scheduling bottlenecks with my use of E/P cores has contributed to this.

I tried to share some profiles on here but was no interest, I think hardly anyone is interested in diving deep into the windows power settings system (which also controls scheduling behaviour). I also use process hacker to lock in affinity overrides so this is not something I have to keep adjusting, its set and forget.

Last edited:
Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Software Oldwin
This probably does little more than providing the proper hints to the scheduler.
Is there a mechanism for providing useful hints to the scheduler? It has existed for a long time in my imagination but I haven't heard of it in the real world.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
Is there a mechanism for providing useful hints to the scheduler? It has existed for a long time in my imagination but I haven't heard of it in the real world.
Personally I'd love the capability to program threads for P or E cores I explicitly so I can build application that more directly takes advantage of the hybrid architecture. Not sure if that is available.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
The thread scheduler is broken and is nothing more than a pain in the ass if you also play older games. It's quite unbelievable how badly Intel screwed up this implementation. To those of whom that say, 'Hey, works perfectly good for me so it must be perfect,' arw both ignorant and lucky enough not to have encountered it. They simply don't play a game or use an app that doesn't play well with P/E and Win11 thread scheduler. Depending on the game, you have to play with core affinities, thread scheduling policies and possibly completely disabling e-cores.

A big problem I found is that from 13th gen+, Windows still uses thread scheduling policies for P/E cores even if e-cores are disabled. If e-cores are disabled, there shoukd be no need to distinguish the difference between P/E cores. It shoukd just default to the standard core policy which it doesn't. It's quite infuriating. Even if you disable E-Cores, the thread scheduling policies may still screw things up with e-cores disabled.

Having had a Raptor Lake processor for over a year, and primarily playing games that aren't exactly new, how is it broken exactly? And why is it Intel's fault that we're largely stuck with this fossilized operating system called Windows?

In what way? Non-optimal use of HT, perhaps? And is it the same if you have an i3 or i5 without E cores?
Check out my reply to 'A Computer Guy.' I believe it answers this question but I'll give a quick summary.

For one, if you use Windows 11, the thread scheduler is in play whether e-cores are disabled or not. The win11 scheduler is not needed with e-cores disabled, but Win11 forces you to go through it because it cannot be disabled. Also, particularly in Win11, even when e-cores are disabled, P&E core scheduling policies are still used when e-cores are disabled. This causes weird behavior in some cases, often resulting in stutter, lag, desync, etc. I've found that in single thread heavy apps, or older games that only use 1 or 2 cores, e-cores and the P&E thread scheduling policies completely break the game. If e-cores are disabled, all P&E thread scheduling policies should be promptly ignored, but they aren't. Win10 follows more traditional behavior where standard core parking and thread scheduling policies are used if e-cores are disabled. Also, there's no thread director in Win10 to interfere.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Check out my reply to 'A Computer Guy.' I believe it answers this question but I'll give a quick summary.

For one, if you use Windows 11, the thread scheduler is in play whether e-cores are disabled or not. The win11 scheduler is not needed with e-cores disabled, but Win11 forces you to go through it because it cannot be disabled. Also, particularly in Win11, even when e-cores are disabled, P&E core scheduling policies are still used when e-cores are disabled. This causes weird behavior in some cases, often resulting in stutter, lag, desync, etc. I've found that in single thread heavy apps, or older games that only use 1 or 2 cores, e-cores and the P&E thread scheduling policies completely break the game. If e-cores are disabled, all P&E thread scheduling policies should be promptly ignored, but they aren't. Win10 follows more traditional behavior where standard core parking and thread scheduling policies are used if e-cores are disabled. Also, there's no thread director in Win10 to interfere.

Thread director is done in hardware below the OS level though. It's Windows 10 that has no awareness of it

Having had a Raptor Lake processor for over a year, and primarily playing games that aren't exactly new, how is it broken exactly? And why is it Intel's fault that we're largely stuck with this fossilized operating system called Windows?
Check out my response to 'A Computer Guy.' I think it sums up the issue and answers this question. As to whose fault it is, I can't really say. Intel clearly had to work with Microsoft to implement the Win11 thread scheduler so I can't say who the brainchild behind it was.

I will say this which I haven't previously mentioned... I've Had Alder, Raptor and now Raptor Refresh, and they have all suffered from the same issues, primarily because there are 2 games I still like to play that are older and not designed for hybrid CPUs. The Window's scheduler and policies are only a part of the equation. The game itself needs to be coded and optimized for P&E cores as well. If it's not, then it's entirely up the the OS's thread scheduler to ensure the correct threads are being scheduled. The only games that appear to work without a hitch are newer more modern ones. Ones that are still actively being updated by DEVS. If you're playing an older game, then you are at the mercy of the thread scheduling logic built into the OS. Older games/apps are designed to work w/ 1 type of core since that's how it's always been prior to hybrid CPU's. If the game isn't specifically optimized for Hybrid CPU's, you end up w/ an app constantly fighting w/ the thread scheduler logic resulting in lag, stutter, etc. This is why so many people just disable e-cores altogether and move back to Windows 10. Here's an example of Intel providing documentation on how to optimize their games for the new Hybrid arch:

Thread director is done in hardware below the OS level though. It's Windows 10 that has no awareness of it
I don't understand what your point is, can you clarify? Yes, the thread scheduler only works in 11, not in 10.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Check out my response to 'A Computer Guy.' I think it sums up the issue and answers this question. As to whose fault it is, I can't really say. Intel clearly had to work with Microsoft to implement the Win11 thread scheduler so I can't say who the brainchild behind it was.

I will say this which I haven't previously mentioned... I've Had Alder, Raptor and now Raptor Refresh, and they have all suffered from the same issues, primarily because there are 2 games I still like to play that are older and not designed for hybrid CPUs. The Window's scheduler and policies are only a part of the equation. The game itself needs to be coded and optimized for P&E cores as well. If it's not, then it's entirely up the the OS's thread scheduler to ensure the correct threads are being scheduled. The only games that appear to work without a hitch are newer more modern ones. Ones that are still actively being updated by DEVS. If you're playing an older game, then you are at the mercy of the thread scheduling logic built into the OS. Older games/apps are designed to work w/ 1 type of core since that's how it's always been prior to hybrid CPU's. If the game isn't specifically optimized for Hybrid CPU's, you end up w/ an app constantly fighting w/ the thread scheduler logic resulting in lag, stutter, etc. This is why so many people just disable e-cores altogether and move back to Windows 10. Here's an example of Intel providing documentation on how to optimize their games for the new Hybrid arch:

I don't understand what your point is, can you clarify? Yes, the thread scheduler only works in 11, not in 10.
If it's such an issue for you, lock the threads manually with Process Lasso.

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Software Oldwin

Thanks for the explanation. Did you find out exactly what these P&E scheduling policies are doing wrong? Are they forcing core parking too aggressively when there are no E cores, or something like that?