1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are these Samsung 24", 144Hz, Freesync, curved monitors the same?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tommygunn, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Xzibit

Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    I believe its just the stand.

I had a 27-70 which had noticeable flickering when watching anything in letter box format @144hz in a corner. Also didn't like the saturated a la TN look but the contrast was very good. Plus the stand was too deep. 73 stand looks better and if you decide on it check the corners that's where i had backlight bleeding from the one i tried out.

3. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Thanks Received:
    Maybe I should go with the ViewSonic XG2401?

Tom.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Xzibit

Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    Is it that much cheaper for you ?

Color is much better on Samsung and black aren't as grey. The saturation might be with the coating they use, its like they use too much anti-glare. At least with the one I tried the bottom just looked overly saturated with the color shift if you looked at it straight on it was a bit better but that's not ideal. Not all screens are the same so it might just have been the one I tired. Maybe its different on the 73. If you can get a good one go for it.

Oh not to knock the Samsung 70 but the IQ wasn't as good either. It produces overly blocky images, If your picky. My 10 year old TN Samsung had better IQ and all my IPS LGs are better. You can try to correct it with Sharpness a bit but its still wasn't to my liking.

Again you might not even notice these things that were an issue for me and your not going to know if you like it or not if you don't see it for yourself

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright

Thanks Received:
    It looks some of the differences are the geographical regions where those monitors are sold.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Thanks Received:
    I've just downloaded all three manuals from the first three links in the hope there would be more comprehensive and precise info than that shown on the websites and low and behold they are exactly the same.
    If you download the manual from the third link and look at page 47 the model names are side by side with the same specs.

Xzibit,
    I think I'm going to give the 24"/73 a shot.

Cheers,
    Tom.

10 Year Member at TPU