1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are you buying MW3

Discussion in 'Games' started by MxPhenom 216, Sep 2, 2011.

?

Buying Modern Warfare 2.........3?

1. yeah, Im a sucker for CoD

12.8%
  2. no, i already have cod4/MW2

7.0%
  3. Im not sure yet

12.8%
  4. No.

67.4%
  1. alexsubri

alexsubri

Thanks Received:
  2. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeh probably, ahwell, its all the same regurgitated formulae, im not into fantasy role playing so what else is left much?:laugh:

3. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Ah but it is about PC were it started and we all got shafted with the dairy farmers milk machines after they Inked the deal to do a CoD every year.I`m not mad just wish they would update the game and do free maps like they did in Cod4 ,none of the zombie crap or the pay to play with DLC.Come on Cod-UO was a great run for nearly 3 years Cod2 the same ...Now we get a re-skinned map and menu every year and the teeny pot heads still buy it .....At least with BF3 we get to enjoy for a few years before they ask us to buy a new one.Look at it this way

Codmw3 =$60
    Dec or Jan =Codmw3 dlc =$20
    June-July Another DLC=$20
    Sept Oct =Dlc yet again another $20
    Nov 2012 Yeah CoD new game name Maybe Rip Off or Got ya by the wallet edition=$60 then repeat above in 2-3 month cycles.....So in a year most of them Spend $120 plus on Cod and you expect me not warn you that your wasting money ..That is a New HD,Memory or hell you could save up and buy a real PC.If you use a X-box,PS3.....

4. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    just finished mw3 single player. very nice and entertaining, better than bf3 single player imo.

but only 5 1/2 hours :(

HookeyStreet says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    i'm just working my way through it myself. I did enjoy the fighter/bomber lvl in bf3 though.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its getting shorter and shorter eveytime a new one comes out, i found bf3 a bit shabby too the single player, not unplayable but sorely lacking in freedom of movement ,ie half the time i ended up getting the "return to battlefield" and the story was very convoluted , its all about "online" now i guess. There wasnt much humour in it , all too serious for my liking, what happened to the comedic element that was in previous bf series?
    Cod should be in today, sounds quite ok anyhow from your post.:)

7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    What humor???? I found running people over back in the days of BF 1942 quite hilarious - in fact, i still do...especially when you set up a LAN server and fight against 64 or more bots,

you can corner them once youve captured all the points and then you can get in a jeep and just ram into about 10 of them as they spawn.

---

BFBC2 has a little humour but I dont know what sort of humour youre on about

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    It was more light hearted with the wise cracks and the atmosphere wasnt quite so 'serious", thats how i felt about it anyhow, the vibe of the game has changed i guess.
    Your inspiring me to try out online multi player , im not very used to that, never really bothered but it sounds like great fun, might give it a go .:toast:

9. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Word of warning....

Online players tend to be a lot lot lot lot lot lot moar smarter then your average LAN/SP bot.

you wouldnt be able to just ram 10 of them just like that, they would probably kill you before you get any where close

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I dont know i loved the story for BF3. I watched a lot of the walk through videos of MW3 was am not impressed at all. Its just like Homefront where $60 is not worth it for 5 hours long campaign with a rehashed recycled multiplayer