• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

artifacts on Radeon9500 NP 64MB 'build by ati'

Harpun

As in the title, I have arifacts while scanning for them in atitool but they appear only when I'm using 8 pipelines(softmod drivers). When I install original ati drivers I have only 4 pipelines but no artifacts in atitool. It's strange because in all games or other programs I have no artifacts at all even if I use softmod drivers. Could you tell me what is the problem? (somehow damaged additional 4pipelines?, atitool not working properately? or softmod drivers are not perfect?- I tried Omega and DNA and it's the same)

sersalpha

It's unlikely that your card can maintain 100% stable operation when softmodded. ATITool detects artifacts that you can not see. More agressive cooling could allow your card to run stable while softmodded. What kind of VGA chipset cooling are you using now? If you're content with your in game performance - I suggest that you Find Max Core/Find Max Mem without the softmod, then 3dMark test both and then go with the better method.

Harpun

I've got original ati cooling system exactly the same as the one in radeon 9700pro and I think it is good enough. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try Find Max Core/Find Max Mem without the softmod.

tomy_j

AFAIK, R9500 NP 64 MB can't be softmodded into R9700 8 pipeline, cause it only have 128bit memory.

It just can be turned into R9500Pro.
CMIIW please.