• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Champion Intel LGA2011

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.
So how do you think this ASRock BIO's is vs. ASUS BIO's?

I own an ASUS RIVE and I can tell you I've never seen a BIOS with that many options to tinker with. It's absolutely amazing, but you need some time to know what all that stuff means. I mean 6 pages of memory timings alone... ;)

But the ASUS BIOS has a lot more of these nice features, like for instance the PCIe lane simulator, where you can select which PCIe slots you plan to occupy and the BIOS tells you right away how many lanes which slot gets allocated. Very cool!

But one thing that really (literally) 'sticks out' (pun intended) is the OC-Key. A hardware dongle, which you can hook to a DVI port on your GPU. This gives you a nice overlay on your screen displaying all the interesting stats (voltages, temperatures, ...) on screen, hardware based, without installing any software... AND you can control your overclock right in that on-screen display using your normal keyboard (just switch it to the OC-Key using a button on the ATX panel). Voltages, BCLK, multiplier etc... all this is configurable while your PC is running without a need for additional software. VERY NICE! This is probably biggest advantage the RIVE has against its rivals like this ASRock board.

Sorry, but what if you do not use DVI? Is the OC key useless?