• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 TUF Gaming OC

ranawayz

I said seems biased because I overclocked it just as I would any other graphics card. I did not mean to offend you or accuse you of something sinister haha.

yes i can see myself it has lower power limit increase available but it didnt change the way it overclocks. the way you worded it made like sound like there is an increased difficulty.

Anyways thank for the review, your detailed reviews is why I even got the Tuf instead of waiting for strix/ftw

Dahak390

Agreed. Every RTX30 TUF seems premium and its MSRP (for whatever thats worth lol) is completely reasonable.
I agree that the 30 series is reasonably priced now. However when the 3070 TI was released, the MSRP was out of this world. Up here in Canada it was going for $1400.00 The card has great specs and runs like a hot darn. But I think it could have been a fair bit cheaper. It could have been sold for $900 - $1000 Canadian. Even with the exchange rate being what it is, it was still priced way too high. I firmly believe NVIDIA could have knocked $4-$5 hundred dollars off the msrp and still would have made money. Of course it wouldn't have been the 300% profit they actually got. But it would have been more than enough and allowed 3rd party card makers and retailers to make a decent profit without bankrupting the gamer/ end user. NVIDIA priced the 4070 TI a bit better, but then they cut back to a 192 bit wide bus as opposed to the 256 bit wide bus that the 3070 was graced with. So they gave a better price with newer technologies but then slapped a 192 bit bus on it hampering the gddr6x memory. So essentially they gave a better price but hurt the cards performance. Just like a corporation or as some call them big business to find a way to maximize profits although not quite as much as they would have otherwise. So we win but we lose. And NVIDIA wonders why people are not buying up their latest generation graphics cards. Or buying it and then returning them. We can but hope that either nvidia comes to its senses or INTEL comes out with a new and I.proved gpu to go head to head with both NVIDIA and AMD. Or maybe we'll really luck out and another gpu manufacturer will come out of the wood work and become the 4th gpu competitor.

goyometal

Hi everyone!
I just bought one of these. It's supposed to be REFURBISHED, but the seller states its condition as LIKE NEW (it's a very well-known, well-reputed, big store where I've bought most of my equipment) and I get a 3-year warranty. I got it two days ago and I'm running tests to try and make as sure as possible that everything's alright berfore keeping it (I have a whole month). I checked its physical state and everything seems to be in order.
I'd like to show you all a couple of pictures, so anyone knowledgeable enough and willing to would tell me if the values that appear in the HWINFO snapshot (RED COLUMN= MAX VALUES) are normal and within the factory-condition parameters. The test was performed with unigine software.
Also, I attach another snapshot of GPUz, as the BIOs are not verified in your database. Do they look genuine (again RED BOX)?
Thanks everyone in advance for your time and attention.
Kind regards!

Attachments

• UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION BENCHMARK - RESULTADOS.jpg
    UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION BENCHMARK - RESULTADOS.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 50
  • HWINFO.jpg
    HWINFO.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 46
  • GPUZ 3.jpg
    GPUZ 3.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 47