• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS K8N4-E deluxe VGA failed boot-up....

Pheonix_789

Processor Pentium D 805 @ 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P5N-E SLI
Cooling Igloo 5600 X2 92mm High CFM Fans
Memory 2.0Gb Dual DDR 5300 667Mhz@ 760Mhz
Video Card(s) Geforce 7600 GT @ 650Mhz Core 1.7Ghz Mem
Storage 250Gb Sata 2 HD
Display(s) LG Flattron 19in flatscreen CRT
Case Thernaltake Matrix VX
Audio Device(s) Intergrated
Power Supply 500 watt Thermaltake Pure Power
Software Windows XP Pro SP2
Ok I have had a problemm for a long time with my motherboard....:mad:
I have tried everything and I still have get an error message when my computer firsts boots up "System has failed VGA test" I have bought a new: 460 watt Hi power PSU, X800 GTO2 and new North bridge cooler. I have tried reseting my MOBO and I have cleared my cmos...nothing I still get that error message my system ocasionally boots up but it shuts down when I play games such as FEAR.... I have even reformatted my computer system over a million times and I still get this message...what is the dam problem~!:banghead:

Pheonix_789

Storage 250Gb Sata 2 HD
please help!:confused: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Pheonix_789

Storage 250Gb Sata 2 HD
Please I need help should I replace my mobo and CPU?:cry:

dipz

same problem occasionally

I have got the exact same motherboard, I get the same problem with my 7600GT, I am using a 20 pin psu and I think thats where my problem lies. The bios on this motherboard is s**te it freezes during POST and I have to switch off the PSU and switch it back on and then it boots up.

I thought my problem lied with the processor I was using (AMD ATHLON 3200+ Clawhammer Mobile) since it has no support for this processor on thier slow as hell website. but since it boots and the BIOS is flashed with the latest version i dont see why it doesnt support it

I havent mailed them yet about this problem, I asked them a lengthy question about the PSU and they replied with a 1line answer (not happy!) saying the psu will suffice.

What I havent tried doing is switching the DIMMs about, I'm going to mail them regarding this problem later on today and will keep you posted since you have a similar/same problem.

P.S what processor are you using and the mdel of the PSU?

knobby6

I also have the exact same motherboard and get the synthesized message on post. Keep turning power off until boot is successful. I have an ATI x600 series video card in the pciexpress slot. Fan on video card is frozen and was thinking that was the problem, but not so sure now. Maybe problem is with the pci express slot........

knobby6

knobby6

My processor is an AMD 64 and has a 650 watt power supply, can't remember the brand. Phoenix replaced his video card and his PSU which somewhat would rule out the card or power supply as as being the problem. I believe he mentioned has card was in a pciexpress slot, what about you dipz are you agp or pcie.