• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z LGA1155

cadaveca

My name is Dave
thanks a lot.^^

ASUS really does a good job of providing the resources needed to get the most out of their products. While I may have pointed you in the right direction, ASUS staff really deserve the credit.

Nice review. Quite thorough, and pretty much covers anything that I noted while owning this board for a couple of months. Anyone considering this board, do not hesitate.

Thanks Paulie. I agree with your sentiment...I really enjoyed using the Maximus III Gene, and the updated Maximus IV Gene-Z offers everything that board did, and then some. There is really very little, if anything, lacking in this board, other than size, and to me, that's a good thing.

italianclarion

I'm thinking of upgrading my current desktop (vaio ra104) with this great sounding mATX board. I'm not that au fait with tech terms (getting there thanks to this site).
My only concern is I want the following to work with my board:

1. BlackGold BGT3600 Dual DVB-T2/DVB-C, Dual DVB-S2, Analogue, Composite/S-video/Component video PCIe product

2. My existing power supply

3. WiFi & BT capability, don't really want to use USB's. I have quite a few BT products I link with, this is a real problem with my current set up & I don't want this with the new set up.

4. My current pentium 4 is water cooled, can I still use this? Is fitting an alternative/new cooler easy?

5. I want to keep my front panel access ports can they be linked to the motherboard & TV card?
Includes:
mic out
headphones out
s-video
video input
L & R channel inputs
iLINK S400
3 No USB's
Various card readers - XD, CF, SD, MS Pro

6. Is this board reviewed the same as the Maximus IV Gene-Z GEN3? If not what's the difference?

7. I currently use my PC through the combined TV, video, gaming screen. It's a 5 year old 38" LED Samsung. Will the HDMI output improve viewing & will HDTV work well through the TV card & mobo I mentioned above?

8. Finally. By using the same hard disks I have through the new mobo, will my windowsXP Pro software work ok. I plan to upgrade to Win7, which version would you recommend? which processor would you recommend.

The PC is really a home PC, not used for gaming, but mainly for audio, TV, video & mundane PC work, quite a few apps running at the same time

Thanks

Julian

adrian07ch

I have an annoying problem, I can only raise the Turbo Boost clock of my i5 2500k with this motherboard. Can anyone help me? Is there any way of deactivating that stupid turbo while overclocking the cpu?