• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Official Response on GIGABYTE Faulty Claims

Wizard17

Processor Intel Pentium D 940@4.4Ghz@1.5875V@62c load
Motherboard ASUS P5WDG2-WS@FSB 275 - 3DM06: 6487-2526-2860-2160 (Avg. 3 runs)
Cooling Arctic Freezer Pro modded with 12cm. fan
Memory Elixir DDR2-667 1Gb x2 @ 733-3.2.4.4.2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte X1900XTX @ 702/832 @PCIex 120
Storage 2x Seagate 300 Gb SATA-RAID0/2x Maxtor 160 Gb PATA-RAID0
Display(s) Iiyama 22" HA202DT
Case Windy Altrum Super-X
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy + onboard Realtek ALC882
Power Supply 550 Watt EPS+SLI
Software Windows XP Pro 32bit SP2/64bit SP1
They do sell, number 1 and number 2....

They put alpha stage components on top tier boards becaues the people who buy them know how to use them and can get around the issues they have while getting to toy with the latest and newest options.

It makes perfect sense that they put all this stuff on the high end boards, until its perfected and stable it would be stupid to put it on low/mid line.

I can agree that it makes a mess on their high end stuff, but if you don't know how to work your way around it don't bother buying a $300+ mainboard.

These corporations are far from stupid and they know very well how to run their companies, produce sales, and keep their market.

WHat a bullshit. It's like buying the most expensive model car. Would you expect and agree with non working components on that? Hey, my powersteering doesn't work... Oh, no prob, I'll do without it... jeeezzhh...!

It's not I don't know how to work my way around it, I do. Question is, do I want to for that kind of money? NO!
If it doesn't work they shouldn't put it on ANY board. Period.
BTW, that particular chip never GOT perfected. They just scrapped it from future designs.
I didn't mean to say they are stupid, but they are very careless to their customers. I've been living in Asia for 5 years. I know their attitude... :)

They not only lost me as a faithfull buyer, they lost alot of faithful customers. Trouble is, they can take it, since they have plenty left... And THAT makes them even more ignorant. Try to find some ASUS comments on their forums that make sense... I spent over a year there, never found one!