• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P5K LAN driver problem

tommi

Hi, i have mb P5K Deluxe and i cant install any ethernet adapter drivers. I have fresh installed Win7 64-bit, till now I have reinstalled win for 10 times, and it was always ok, but now... I have already put out CMOS battery for reseting, in bios LAN adapter is enabled. Where is the problem? Any thoughts? (sorry for eng)
edit: Win 32-bit

Last edited:

tommi

I know there is something wrong :) i have of course already tried those drivers, many versions too... any other thoughts?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
is the LAN adapter showing in device manager?

temp02

Can you be a bit more specific, can you install the drivers on your windows or the setup errors and aborts? Or you can install the drivers just fine but the network connection is never enabled/detected as a LAN device?
Is this happening on both wired LAN and wireless LAN cards or just in one?
Can we see an expanded "Network devices" screenshot of your device manager window (Windows + R -> devmgmt.msc -> View -> Show hidden devices -> expand the "Network devices" tree branch -> print screen on your keyboard -> paste in paint save as jpg/png and upload here)?

Make sure that you are installing the correct drivers, although some 32bit drivers work on 64bit OSs, the other way around _never_ works.

tommi

I'm sure with correct drivers. Problems are with both (Lan, wlan too). And there is another problem, i cant install english language pack without internet :) my install cd with win7 has only czech pack. In device manager in tree, there is unrecognized Network adapter. No matter when i install drivers, nothing changes (they are completed succesfully) and when i unninstall the drivers in manager and i try do it manually, its the same.

Last edited:

temp02

So you are saying that both LAN and WLAN drivers install successfully and the 'unrecognized' (yellow icon) disappear after you install the drivers, correct? But you still get no LAN/Internet access after the drivers are installed?

I would look into your rooter/switch instead of the motherboard, since the drivers install successfully for both devices, pretty sure the problem is outside your computer.

tommi

No no, after installing drivers there is still unrecognized network adapter

temp02

On device manager click on one of your network device cards -> properties -> details -> select "hardware id" -> copy the first line on the list -> and paste it here.

Even better, the attached .zip contains the driver files for your wired LAN controller, extract it somewhere, then on device manager, select your wired nic -> right click -> update device driver -> search driver on computer -> allow me to select a driver from the list... -> click on the "disk" button -> select the .inf from that should be on the folder where you extracted the .zip to -> select your nic from the list -> let it install. Please do report the result (if you still get unrecognized device after reboot, please do what is scratched above).

Attachments

• LAN.zip
    625.2 KB · Views: 4,288