• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P5N-MX

JohnnyLJ

Hello guys, I've had a dell pc for a while now and recently got told that there is a Asus P5N-MX Motherboard in it because the original board broke like a year ago, Anyway....... The Asus P5N-MX motherboard that is in there now needs replacing as its packed up, I cant seem to find this motherboard anywhere as its been discontinued, Does anybody know where I can get 1? Or if there is an alternative motherboard that will fit into the box I have? Many hanks in advance....... John.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Mind taking a picture of the motherboard?. If it's a standard mATX or ATX or even ITX size, you can buy any motherboard with the same LGA socket. If it's a custom designed shape, you might have to check somewhere like fleabay. Found it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mATX nforce 7050 775

Last edited:

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can try PC Planet. Never used them, so I can,t vouch for 'em.

That is a mATX motherboard, you might be able to do some upgrades if you desire.
You may be able to get a more up to date board for less; however you may have to update other parts, like CPU, memory,PSU, etc.
Or, it may be time for a complete new system.
Or, just go with your original plan.

Here is an article that may be of interest to you: Before Buying a Micro ATX Motherboard, You Should Know These Facts
Good luck in whatever you do.

Also, what made you conclude the board you have now is DOA?