• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Prepares ROG Zephyrus Duo GX650 Laptop With Upcoming AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

ahah Cool :D

As seen again, AMD going all 16gb on rx6800 and above wasn't so dumb after all. So that's why we have the Tie with just barely more than minimum specs :D (I know I know, bus channels and all, still cool to mock team green for capping the ammount of memory on the top end :D)

Exactly, it should be standard at least on these expensive models. There's no excuse for it.

I'm tired of all these arguments that a specific laptop model can only serve one purpose, like gaming for instance.
I'm pretty sure that a 3000€ machine works pretty well with most programs given the processors, and that extra display would come in handy as well.

You're wrong, the Intel variant doesn't have it either.

Asus has done some very stupid design decisions as of late, just like the couple of laptop they launched without a headphone jack, their loss I guess, plenty of other options in the market

ARF

ahah Cool :D

As seen again, AMD going all 16gb on rx6800 and above wasn't so dumb after all. So that's why we have the Tie with just barely more than minimum specs :D (I know I know, bus channels and all, still cool to mock team green for capping the ammount of memory on the top end :D)

Dumb is the most inappropriate word here. These cards are planned to last at least 2-3 years, we are nowhere near their replacements, so just live with these and the future games which will need this amount of memory.
It was dumb by Nvidia to release a 10 GB and the next tier to be only 24 GB. :D

Dumb is the most inappropriate word here. These cards are planned to last at least 2-3 years, we are nowhere near their replacements, so just live with these and the future games which will need this amount of memory.
It was dumb by Nvidia to release a 10 GB and the next tier to be only 24 GB. :D

Both the Series X and PS5 have 16gb of vram, even though it's shared the writing was on the wall that 10gb or 12gb from the 3080/ti are simply not enough. Time and time again, PC migth be the better platform but consoles set the pace, same thing happening with storage, both came with ssds so say good bye to gaming on hdds (not that anyone should any way, but now it's oficially over).

The game is running out of vram and has issues streaming textures. It warns the user about it. You made it sound like nvidia was "cheating" by reducing texture resolution at a driver level, which is obviously not what's happening here.

Sure nvidia cards tend to have less memory than their amd counterparts this generation, but that info is clear and available for the consumer to make a purchase decision. Not sure what your point was in with that comment.

Torrentj

Yeah, I used to hook up my phone to the laptop like ten years ago, it worked but not as convenient as actually have one built in.

Oh and welcome to TPU! :)
Thanks, and I believe you don't have to hook it up to the laptop. Just pair it with bluetooth. Not 100% certain because I bought them for my sons'. Although when I see them talking to their buddies the phone is next to the laptop with no cable.

SL2

Thanks, and I believe you don't have to hook it up to the laptop. Just pair it with bluetooth. Not 100% certain because I bought them for my sons'. Although when I see them talking to their buddies the phone is next to the laptop with no cable.
The cable was the least of the worries. I had to hold it while using the laptop keyboard and mouse, as I didn't have a stand or a tripod.

A built in camera isn't expensive enough to skip when the laptop cost 3000€. There's simply no excuse for that.