• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG Maximus XII Family of Z490 Chipset Motherboards Detailed

System Name (2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C
Processor Intel Extreme QX9770 @ 3.8GHz (No OC)
Motherboard Dell LGA 775 (Dell Propiatary)
Cooling Dell AIO Ceramic Water Cooling (Dell Propiatary)
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB (2016 ebay-used)
Storage (2) WD 1TB Velociraptor & (1) WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Alienware 34" AW3420DW (Amazon Warehouse)
Case Stock Dell 730x with "X" Side Panel (65 pounds fully decked out)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium & Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Power Supply PSU: 1000 Watt (Dell Propiatary)
Mouse Alienware AW610M (Amazon Warehouse)
Keyboard Corsair K95 XT (Amazon Warehouse)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate & Alienware FX Lighting
Benchmark Scores No Benchmarking & Overclocking
Your living in the past, that controller issue was solved with the second iteration on that board.
Don't take technical advice from a salesman.
Yes that is good news and this was not communicated to me. I assume that ASUS by now has dillegently pulled all of the 'first defective iteration boards' off the market including those sitting in warehouses and on third party dealer shelves. Now I am still looking for being assured by Amazon, BH, Newegg and others in their ads that all their remaining Asus boards are in fact of the second iteration. No luck so far. But what do I know?

How many times are you going to post this same thing in a random thread, bud? :)

Your steady posting contribution here and commitment since 2009 is to be admired. You being at a cool 19,300 messages is most certainly a number to catch-up on. Unfortunately I am too late to the party to ever reach your status and prominence. As to the double post it was just 'one wrong' casual click too many at a late night. I am retired on easy street with nothing to do, but mistakes of this kind will probably not go away as I grow older and more grumpy and keep on posting all over world.

Your living in the past, that controller issue was solved with the second iteration on that board.
Don't take technical advice from a salesman.
Amazon Comments and Reviews: Mr. P. Rize who took possession from Amazon of his new ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490 on October 22, 2020 advised that he experienced unsolvable problems with the Ethernet ports. Additionally Mr. Krave from Canada also a purchaser of the 'Hero' by December 9, 2020 from Amazon reported the same issues. My take away from this is that ASUS has not replaced all of their unsold mobo units (pulling them off the shelves) and Amazon along with their third party friends are still selling the defective first iteration. I am an old retired guy and surely living in the past more than ever, but when it comes to money and headaches it's easy to do. For me right now not much of choice prevails and to buy a new Z590 mobo coming to this theater in a few weeks time and hoping that this will fix the problem once and for all.

Last edited: