• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS TUF M3 Gen II

pzogel

Reviewer
The ASUS TUF M3 gaming mouse receives a thorough update with the M3 Gen II. At 59 g, the right-handed ergonomic M3 Gen II is much lighter, and comes with PixArt's PAW3318 sensor capable of 8000 CPI along with main buttons rated for 60 million clicks, for a wallet-friendly $24.99.

Show full review

System Name Back in Black
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-224-XT Black
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3000mhz C15
Video Card(s) Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 TI Advanced Edition
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB / Solidigm P41 Plus 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 32" TV 1080p
Case Montech Air X Black
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W Gold
Mouse Redragon M711 Cobra
Keyboard Corsair K55
Price:$24.99

I saw this and was: "wait, what? No Asus tax?"

And then I saw all the cons and understood why.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
Truly baffling release by Asus. Is a bit of paracord and decent skates really so expensive that it would add to the price? SMH. Even at this price point you can do better, and if one is willing to add 10-20 bucks (not an unreasonable ask) - the world is your oyster with options that completely eclipse this.

Do have a question though. How bad IS the click latency like this, realistically? The graph makes it look terrible, and it is, but I am asking since I remember older Zowie mice (from 3310 era and before) were also somewhat notorious for fairly high click latency, but that didn’t stop them from being a top choice among, say, professional CS players. I assume this one is significantly worse?

pzogel

Reviewer
Truly baffling release by Asus. Is a bit of paracord and decent skates really so expensive that it would add to the price? SMH. Even at this price point you can do better, and if one is willing to add 10-20 bucks (not an unreasonable ask) - the world is your oyster with options that completely eclipse this.

Do have a question though. How bad IS the click latency like this, realistically? The graph makes it look terrible, and it is, but I am asking since I remember older Zowie mice (from 3310 era and before) were also somewhat notorious for fairly high click latency, but that didn’t stop them from being a top choice among, say, professional CS players. I assume this one is significantly worse?
In my experience, the degree to which it is noticeable depends on how the mouse is used. For anything click timing related, it mostly is a matter of getting used to it—i.e., one needs to the time the clicks such that when flicking, you click ever so slightly before the crosshair is on the target. For reaction shots (think holding mid with AWP on Dust2) where you only have a set amount of time available to hit a shot, the additional latency may result in one missing a shot, however, especially when one's own reaction time is a bit on the slower side.