• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Atitool or atitool tray?

snatop

Which one is better to use in artifact scanning? I used both but the Atitool tray yields more oc results compared to Atitool! Can someone tell me the difference? Is it safe to load the oc result on Atitool tray or the result on Atitool which I think is more conservative? Which one is correct in telling the true overclocking capability of gpu? Too many questions! Tnx in advance.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
well .. if you get a higher oc with one tool and another with another tool it means one tool either is detecting less or generating less heat ..

my policy with atitool is that any error is an error .. what performance difference does it make if you have 5 mhz less? none .. what difference does it make if there's a ripped apart polygon from ocing in a game which is hiding your enemy? a lot ;)

snatop

Well the difference is about 23 Mhz in gpu! Does it makes any difference?! Probably the ATitool stresses the components a lot compared to Atitool tray.

thumper

snatop said:
Well the difference is about 23 Mhz in gpu! Does it makes any difference?! Probably the ATitool stresses the components a lot compared to Atitool tray.

Exactly that its probably stressing the card just not as much due to it not drawing the cube. Youl probably find that you might get more artifacting with ati tray due to the fact that when gaming it actually has to draw the picture. Stick with atitool its proven its reliability so why change?

Dedodido

Processor AMD Athlon 64 "Venice" 3000+ (@ 2.8GHz)
Motherboard DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
Cooling Arctic cooling freezer 64 pro, 2x 120mm fans, 1x 250mm fan
Memory 1GB (2x512) Geil Value Ram
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon X1600XT
Power Supply Hipe Type-R 580W
yup, what I was going to say. If yo think about it, when you're in game then the graphics card is going to be being stressed, as shown by ATITool, and that's probably why they made it like that.

snatop

But they should have made it standard! Same module in artifact scanning, yields same results.

thumper

but how can you do that? a little icon in the corner isnt going to stress the graphics card anywhere as near as a big rotating hairy cube