• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Backtrack 5v3 boot from CD issues

yallaen

Greetings!
I've tinkered with Backtrack, and I'm really wanting to get more experience with it. I've set up a small lab in my room to start exploring it's uses. I'm still fairly new to the whole Linux thing, having a little experience with Ubuntu. But I digress...

So, my profession is network admin. I am a CCNA, CCNA-S, CCNP, and CEH. I'm working toward network security and pen testing. Hence, my need for Backtrack Experience.

I've used Backtrack 4 before, with no issues. I've had it set up as dual-boot, and as a bootable USB.

I d/led BT5v3, and mounted it's .iso image to a DVD. I've tried to boot my PC from that CD. The program begins to load. I can get the screen which gives you the 6 or so load options (no networking, mounting the first harddrive, etc). I just select the default. The command prompt window opens, and it begins to implement multiple commands. But then my screen gets garbled and I cant see anything except the top and bottom portions of the screen. It's acting like a driver issue, and it's somewhat frustrating.

Any thoughts, and areas where I might go for further help would be most appreciated!