• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! Customer Service - so far is absolutely awesome.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
I've recently seen that ASUS was having a heck of a time with publicity with their handheld warranty issue, so I figured I'd post here to let people know of my past and current customer service experience with be quiet!

My first time contacting be quiet! was about the Pure Slim Rock 2 cooler. The pre-applied TIM on it had a lot of black flecks of something all over it. I've never seen anything like it with all the different coolers I've used and installed over the years so I cleaned the TIM off and used my own. I sent an email to be quiet! about it, they apologized and sent me a small tube with enough TIM for a single application as way of an apology. Awesome!

As I mentioned above I had picked up a be queit! Pure Slim Rock 2 cooler. It's their small cooler, uses a 92mm fan. I just needed something for the 5600X3D I got to play with I was putting to use for an upgrade in my plex server (the server handles other things like hosting online games I play). I just wanted something that was efficient enough for the use I make of the system, I'm not out to break world records. I had also picked up a second 92mm fan so I could mount a second fan on the cooler, but unbeknownst to me the cooler only came with one set of fan clips. Not the end of the world. I thought that maybe it would have come with two because you can, in theory, mount two fans on it (much like my Noctua NH-U9S cooler did, it came with two sets of fan clips that I used to attach a second fan).

I get my system setup, can't add a second fan because no spare clips. So a few weeks later I decide to reach out to be queit! parts department in hopes I can acquire a set of fan clips for my cooler so I can mount the second 92mm fan on it.

Within a handful of hours I got a reply back, they gave me a price of the clips for the Pure Rock Slim 2 and asked for my contact info.
Back and forth a couple of times and got the order setup, payment made through Paypal and a short while later the fan clips show up in the mail! Yeah!

I had received the fan clips around mid March. I get busy with other stuff and even though it would only require a handful of minutes to attach the second fan I had put it off until today when I had absolutely nothing better to do. I grab the fan, unbox it, I grab the fan clips and unwrap them from the bubble wrap and I set the clips next to the fan only to just now realize the fan clips are longer than the fan itself. Crap. Looks like they sent fan clips for 120mm fan instead of 92mm.

I go back through my emails and find the one I was corresponding with be quiet! back in March and I send in this reply to them:

I know this is a bit late considering I placed this order for 92mm fan clips for my Pure Rock Slim 2 CPU cooler back in mid March, but I finally got around to wanting to attach the second fan I picked up for it. However, the fan clips I received are too large (too long).

I'm hoping someone sees this reply and can get back to me. I know my order came in about 2 months ago, but I'm hoping this can be fixed by having the correct fan clips sent to me.

Sometimes I get a project in mind and I get to it right away and other times it sits on the side for a bit until I get to it. In this case it's been a couple of months and I do apologize for a delayed follow up because I just discovered the issue today.

It looks like the fan clips you sent me were for 120mm fans and not for 92mm. I've attached 5 images to this email of the 92mm fan I had purchased from my local Micro Center store and images of the fan clips you sent me. As you can see below in the originating email that I was requesting a set of fan clips for the Pure Rock Slim 2 cooler (which only holds a 92mm fan) and you can see the fan clips you sent me (in the attached images) are the wrong size to fit the 92mm fan.

Please let me know if this is something that can be remedied without me having to pay another $XX to get the right clips shipped out to me.

Thank you.
Aaron

I came here start this post and not even 15 minutes after I had emailed out to be quiet! they replied back with this:

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for getting back with us. We are sorry that our team ship you the wrong fan clips. We will have them reship your order as soon as possible. Please check your inbox for tracking updates.

Thank you for contacting be quiet! support. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best Regards,

be quiet! USA - Service
After-Sales & Support
www.bequiet.com

663 Brea Canyon Road Suite #1
Walnut, CA 91789
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:30 pm (PST)
(closed all Federal Holidays)

Phone: (833) 423-7843
Email: service.na@bequiet.com

Looks like they'll be working sending out the (hopefully this time around) correct fan clips so I can mount that second 92mm fan on the cooler. I thought it would be nice to have a story about customer service from a company that has been knocking it out of the park.

I attached the images of the fan I had purchased and clips if anyone cares to see them.
92mm fan in box.jpg92mm fan unpacked.jpg92mm fan measured.jpgclip measured.jpgfan with clip measured.jpg

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech G502
Just an update:

Correct fan clips came in!
20240528_161030.jpg

Took a few minutes to get it installed and now I've got both fans on the Pure Slim Rock 2 cooler (I know the case itself on the inside is a bit dusty - I've got case filters coming from Demciflex that should arrive Thursday):
20240528_161758.jpg 20240528_161808.jpg

Idle temps dropped by about 5C (to 33C) and under load dropped about 3C (to 80C). Load test was running handbrake.

System Name Back in Black
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-224-XT Black
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3000mhz C15
Video Card(s) Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 TI Advanced Edition
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB / Solidigm P41 Plus 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 32" TV 1080p
Case Montech Air X Black
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W Gold
Mouse Redragon M711 Cobra
Keyboard Corsair K55
-When you assign all your points to Customer Service, but forget to put any on QC.-

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
-When you assign all your points to Customer Service, but forget to put any on QC.-
this I would not use there power supplies in anything I care about
I have a new Straitpower 11 850 in box that I won't use because the last two units went nuclear

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech G502
Don't get me wrong, based on my two experiences with them it does appear that their QC needs some sprucing up. On the other hand, at least they help fix their fuck ups, so they do have that going for them.

Here's hoping they will continue to improve where they need it.

Jackpot :] E.g. It was pretty common to find buzzing Silent Wings 3 fans. Looks like during production of their high end fans nobody cares to simply plug them and see if they work correctly.

Or Dark Base cases with screws you can't unscrew. Ofc there're more or less PITA fixes, but I talk average Joe not knowing them. Or Dark Base cases with with top or front panels fitted badly to the point when it's clearly uneven. Maybe with checking screws, so work of stupid/malicious Chinese who screw them, I would demand too much, but this time nobody cares to just look at damn case.

Or maybe Dark Power 12 and 13 with rattling and brumming fans when each unit differs with intensity of both sounds. All to the point that you can hear their almost high end PSU with "Silent" Wing fan from meter or two away, so I don't exaggerate. It gets a little quieter when turning PSU upside down, fan on top, what all looks like some design fault combined with high manufacturing tolerance, so one typical for budget products.

But my few experiences with their customer services (international via mail and polish, Warsaw-based unit) have been good to the point I can't complain. Guy from polish crew even have told me via phone about unannounced products (simply nothing in web) few quarters before their releases what I find totally awesome :D It's all nice, but imo in general it's the only thing standing for chosing their products. Ones usually nothing special or overpriced, with short warranties and if we talk coolers lack of proper mounting kit support what I would expect from anybody selling coolers priced premium. I find be quiet! the most intelligent brand due to selling something anybody would appreciate, silence, so one hard not to like, but one rather stinky if you put it all under microscope.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Wow it now sounds like I've dodged a few clips full of bullets, Neo style, with my Dark Rock Pro and 3x Silentwings fans here. All work admirably.

Wow it now sounds like I've dodged a few clips full of bullets, Neo style, with my Dark Rock Pro and 3x Silentwings fans here. All work admirably.

Your Dark Rock Pro 3 being still great cooler with fans likely to last, but you won't bring it to next socket. You wouldn't bring it even to LGA 1700. Mark my words seeing Dark Rock Pro 4 not getting 1851 kit and in general rather only coolers they keep selling being supported. The more performant, quality and costing cooler, the more disappointing it is. Few fans aren't many and it hasn't been like every few od them being faulty ;)

With likes of Asus doing what they do, it's nice to actually see a company do right by customer for a change.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Your Dark Rock Pro 3 being still great cooler with fans likely to last, but you won't bring it to next socket. You wouldn't bring it even to LGA 1700. Mark my words seeing Dark Rock Pro 4 not getting 1851 kit and in general rather only coolers they keep selling being supported. The more performant, quality and costing cooler, the more disappointing it is. Few fans aren't many and it hasn't been like every few od them being faulty ;)
Is that so? I'm reading above here that customer service is admirable, surely if I tell them I need new kit for socket X or Y they'll provide, and if they don't, they automagically lost a customer ;)

You keep telling people to mark your words and believe your line of reasoning, but its often not the most plausible one...

Is that so? I'm reading above here that customer service is admirable, surely if I tell them I need new kit for socket X or Y they'll provide, and if they don't, they automagically lost a customer ;)

You can easily google what cooler they supported with mounting kits of latest sockets, e.g. AM4 and 1700 and see the tendency. So they have already lost the customer lol However many examples of good customer service won't make the brand doing whatever you find fitting good customer service.

You keep telling people to mark your words and believe your line of reasoning, but its often not the most plausible one...

I pretty sure that I used "mark words" first time on this forum. Maybe link here other examples? If I "keep telling" it sounds like I do it really often.

Do you have some doubts about plausibility of things I say? If so, ask exactly under them and we will see. For now your one sentence brings two accusations without anything supporting them and such put you, not me, in the shitty and inplausible light ;)

Instead of "mark my words" I could say "you will see" or "I bet" and context would be the same, so it's only words you seem trying find problem with.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Great to see they're taking care of their customers unlike so many others in the tech space these days. In this time of so much negativity it's nice to see someone posting a positive experience rather than brand bashing.

I've been using bequiet! fans by the busload for years now with no issues. Quiet, long lived and the ones I use are cheeep. In fact it's time to re-up my dwindling supply. I guess my 40 or 50 problem free examples must simply be...lucky or the odd outlier?

I've been using bequiet! fans by the busload for years now with no issues. Quiet, long lived and the ones I use are cheeep. In fact it's time to re-up my dwindling supply. I guess my 40 or 50 problem free examples must simply be...lucky or the odd outlier?

These 40-50 cheap and problem free examples are rather not Silent Wings 3 I mentioned. Or you can always say bs :D

System Name HELL->o!
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S Ace Max
Cooling BeQuiet! Pure Loop 2 FX 280
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill RipjawsV 3600CL14 [14-14-14-34]@1.456V
Video Card(s) 6800 XT Red Devil
Storage 4x M.2; 3x Sata SSD
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD & MSI MP251
Case BeQuiet! Dark Base PRO 901
Audio Device(s) JBL 4305p & JBL 4329p | EPOS H3PRO Hybrid
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Mouse ReDragon M711 FPS
Keyboard ReDragon Broadsword
Software Win10 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Nope
I don't give a crap about how well a company's customer support does. I care about quality control. I don't want to need customer support, i want to pay the company, get the product and the product to work flawlessly out of the box. Customer support should be used in inevitable doa cases.

Never had a problem with be quiet! products, but i only used some fans from them until now.
Glad to hear they're doing well on the customer support front, but that's what they're supposed to do, WHAT EVERY COMPANY SHOULD DO; the fact that there are companies in the industry that pull alot of crap when it comes to customer support doesn't make the ones doing their job properly worthy of a medal. Doing their job properly is supposed to be the norm, not the exception.

I have a Pure Loop 2 280 about to replace the Arctic BBC(BigBlackCooler, long story, also long story about why i'm replacing it with a smaller less capable cooler)and if i'm going to need customer support i'm going to be really pissed off.

System Name DadsBadAss
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
These 40-50 cheap and problem free examples are rather not Silent Wings 3 I mentioned. Or you can always say bs :D
Sure, we can talk SW3s.

I've used several (of every flavor)over the years in my own builds as well as clients, haven't had any issues or complaints with them. Same attributes I mentioned. If I didn't consider them a quality product I wouldn't use them.

Why would I call BS?

I don't give a crap about how well a company's customer support does. I care about quality control. I don't want to need customer support, i want to pay the company, get the product and the product to work flawlessly out of the box. Customer support should be used in inevitable doa cases.

Never had a problem with be quiet! products, but i only used some fans from them until now.
Glad to hear they're doing well on the customer support front, but that's what they're supposed to do, WHAT EVERY COMPANY SHOULD DO; the fact that there are companies in the industry that pull alot of crap when it comes to customer support doesn't make the ones doing their job properly worthy of a medal. Doing their job properly is supposed to be the norm, not the exception.

I have a Pure Loop 2 280 about to replace the Arctic BBC(BigBlackCooler, long story, also long story about why i'm replacing it with a smaller less capable cooler)and if i'm going to need customer support i'm going to be really pissed off.

Like it or lump it, the point of the OPs post was to let the forum know that bequiet! actually takes care of their customers. Of course we hope that all of our purchases stand on their own and never need to be replaced, that goes without saying. Quality products also require quality Tech and CS (shit does in fact happen despite the manufacturers best attempts). Otherwise you end up with a one sided Asus type relationship.

Sure, we can talk SW3s.

I've used several (of every flavor)over the years in my own builds as well as clients, haven't had any issues or complaints with them. Same attributes I mentioned. If I didn't consider them a quality product I wouldn't use them.

I could ask you about how many mean "several", but it doesn't make sense. We won't check it or you could be just another guy with three flawless fans thinking that he can talk about tendency. Or...

Why would I call BS?

Or you can always say bs :D

Simple as that =P

System Name EnvyPC
Processor Ryzen 7 7800 X3D
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B650E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White / be quiet! Silent Wings Pro 4 120mm (x2), 140mm (x3)
Memory 32GB Team Group T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4080 16GB Gaming X Trio White Edition
Storage SK Hynix Platinum 2TB NVME
Display(s) HP Omen 4K 144Hz
Case Lian Li Dan Case A3 White
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
Ty, OP! Very cool to see this, since my rig is kitted out with SW4 Pros. :laugh:

I haven't had any reason to reach out to them yet (thankfully) but this does give some peace of mind should anything ever go wrong. Good customer service (especially in the tech space) is all too rare these days.

RIP, EVGA.

System Name DadsBadAss
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win11pro
I could ask you about how many mean "several", but it doesn't make sense. We won't check it or you could be just another guy with three flawless fans thinking that he can talk about tendency. Or...

Simple as that =P
Sure, let's talk tendencies and I'll define what I mean by "several" for you...yawn (because of course it has to meet your odd level of ownership/usage right, pfft as if). When I buy fans I generally buy 6-9 at a time... hopefully that helps make sense of "several" for you. I find it odd to have to explain this but it is what it is I suppose (gosh, I sure hope that meets your strange criteria lol).

Anyhow, your being butthurt over past bequiet! purchases is truly unfortunate.

@maxfly There's no need to define anything when we talk numbers instead of words like "several" and trying hard to make your right look righer - stupid to the point of only stupid doing so and only stupid finding it legit. Then anybody could see for himself how much worth are tendencies observed by others. 3 fans are worth shit and "6-9 at a time" don't seem much more. For few years SW3 used to be my favourite fans to use in builds uncompromised to the point of swapping default fans with better ones. For this time I used closer to 100 of them and got 5-10 faulty - buzzing loud to the point it being obviously faulty and not their natural not so quiet internals. I find it common, especially if we talk tendency lasting few years and especially disappointing when talking fans being from the most expensive, so "butthurt" is unfortunate word to use here ;)

System Name DadsBadAss
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win11pro
@maxfly There's no need to define anything when we talk numbers instead of words like "several" and trying hard to make your right look righer - stupid to the point of only stupid doing so and only stupid finding it legit. Then anybody could see for himself how much worth are tendencies observed by others. 3 fans are worth shit and "6-9 at a time" don't seem much more. For few years SW3 used to be my favourite fans to use in builds uncompromised to the point of swapping default fans with better ones. For this time I used closer to 100 of them and got 5-10 faulty - buzzing loud to the point it being obviously faulty and not their natural not so quiet internals. I find it common, especially if we talk tendency lasting few years and especially disappointing when talking fans being from the most expensive, so "butthurt" is unfortunate word to use here ;)
Mhmm, clearly a sensible rebuttal.

Mhmm, clearly a sensible rebuttal.

Random answer what could say anybody under anything and clearly another your post not bringing anything to discussion. All of these trying hard to insult me don't make you bigger, but only show you feeling small, so now think about it ;)

Mouse Logitech G502
@#22 & @maxfly

As much as it is fun to see you guys spit back and forth about your feelings for bequiet! fans, perhaps move the unnecessary bickering to PMs and just keep the bequiet! customer service stuff here for others to read about.

With any faulty fans you guys may have seen, have you actually had any customer service experience with bequiet! about them you want to share?

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
As much as it is fun to see you guys spit back and forth about your feelings for bequiet! fans, perhaps move the unnecessary bickering to PMs and just keep the bequiet! customer service stuff here for others to read about.

^^THIS^^

The one AND only time I needed CS from BeQuiet was last year when 1 of the SW-3's on my order (18 fans total) arrived in a slightly beat up package (thanks UPS :()....it probably would have been ok, but I didn't want to take a chance on it, since they were for client builds, and I don't get paid to build partially functional/possibly partially defective rigs :)

It only took 1 photo sent via 1 email, and I had a replacement at my front door in 2 days, no questions asked. They even said just keep the bad one cause it wasn't worth it to them to have me ship it back...

Now THAT is the way customer service is supposed to work !

And as a side note, that particular fan is still running in my son's gamr rig right now, neveranottaproblemo :D

With any faulty fans you guys may have seen, have you actually had any customer service experience with bequiet! about them you want to share?

Thanks for great obvious advice ;) If you ask about me RMAing faulty fans, no. I simply return electronics for some reason not working as it should. Not nice, because somebody will buy it after me, but free, saves time and most importantly avoids potential infamous RMA result being "works as intended". Cases like fan sounding anomally or coil whine are ones likely to finish like that and even if not, it would only consume more time.

System Name DadsBadAss
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win11pro
Random answer what could say anybody under anything and clearly another your post not bringing anything to discussion. All of these trying hard to insult me don't make you bigger, but only show you feeling small, so now think about it ;)
Lol. Now we're having a discussion. Nah, sorry don't care enough and don't have time to play right now.