• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Biostar TZ68A+ LGA1155

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
Thanks for all the help! I'll take a restocking hit from NewEgg even though it's a bad board (What's up with that?) Heading down to Fry's to swap out the I7 2600K for another in case that's the problem. Picking up the MSI P67A-GD65 B3 Board ($50 more) as I see in some reviews iit has no problems getting to at least 4.8."http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265056-29-2600k-2500k-overclocking-guide". Going to PU the MSI P67A-G45 B3 also as it's $109 after rebate and see what it can do. If it's OK and I can live without the extras I'll go with it. No onboard video like the Z68 setups but I'm running a HD6870 anyhow. I think my Sundays filled up now with this! I'm not a gammer, just like to see ow far I can take things. Usually water cool with a Corsair Natilus 500 or my own custom car heater core setup when things warm up. Try the Nautilus 500 if you can find it, great external compact setup!

Note: I used a Hyper 212+ for cooling and my Corsair Vengance heat spreaders juuuust got in the way. Tried zip tying a fan but looked crappy. So I milled a recess where the fan mounts so it is flush and removed the little rubber pads. Now it fits, just barely but clears the heat spreaders. Good cooler to use if it fits, if not the N520 is as good or better and not as tall.

Thanks again!

Got to get down to Fry's......

Oh, I hate coolers.. lol.. That's why I went away from "tower" coolers.. I had both Xigmatek coolers (Thor's Hammer & Aegir) would make it to where I had to ghetto rig it to stay in place since I had to place the fan above the ram sinks..

I hope the next set up doesn't screw ya like this one..

:toast:

D

Deleted member 67555

recommended by TPU

double0seven

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard biostar TZ68A+
Cooling Thermaltake WATER2.0 Performer
Memory 2x Corsair 4G XMP @ 800.1 MHz 9/9/9/24
Video Card(s) intel igpu for now
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB boot drive
Case Cooler Master HAF 912
Power Supply Seasonic x650 Gold
Benchmark Scores coming soon
Backwards Again?

that shot was taken while i was trying to find stability at the normal 4.5 GHz.

However, as I mentioned in the review, the "loadline Calibration" setting was backwards, so with it set to enabled, I had to use that high voltage.

Then, I tried "disabled" for the loadline setting, and the 1.264v, under load, worked right, with 1.272v @ idle, which is what other boards will do with loadline calibration set to "enabled".

I purposely left that screenshot there so this question would come up; Good Job, Heky! ;).

I have this board with a 2500k but I'm finding the opposite of what you're saying here: After reading this review, I went and changed my Loadline Calibration setting to "Disabled".
But when I ran the load tests, my Vcore ended up being higher than before, and so did my core temps. (See attached screenshots)

What is going on?

Attachments

• LLC Disabled.jpg
    LLC Disabled.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 458
  • LLC Enabled 2.jpg
    LLC Enabled 2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 461
  • Mainboard.jpg
    Mainboard.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 475