• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bioware Commits to Mass Effect: Andromeda Support; Will Act on Feedback

sneekypeet

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name His
Processor Intel i9 7920X
Motherboard Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) nVidia RTX 2080ti
Storage Samsung 960 Pro / Crucial MX300 750GB / Seagate 1TB Spinner
Display(s) Samsung 55" 4K 60hz
Case Cooler Master Cosmos C700P (Inverted Layout)
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vega's
Power Supply Thermaltake TPSG 1050W
Mouse Always Changing
Keyboard Always Changing
Software Windows 10 Pro 64
@rtwjunkie and @atomicus if you would like to debate the English language and throw insults back and forth, please take it to PMs. This thread has had enough of you two derailing it for personal gains.

System Name Dell G5 15 5587 (2018)
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor (Coffee Lake)
Motherboard Intel HM370
Cooling Stock Dell twin-fan and copper heatpipes cooling system
Memory 16GB - 2Rx8 DDR4 SODIMM 2666MHz
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q 6 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage SK hynix SC311 256 GB SATA M.2 / SK hynix Gold S31 1TB SATA 2.5"
Display(s) Stock Dell 60 Hz IPS LCD panel
Case Stock Dell G5 15 5587 (2018) case
Power Supply Dell Power Adapter 180W NDFTY
Mouse Dell touchpad / D.Va Razer Abyssus Elite
Keyboard Stock Dell G5 15 5587 laptop keyboard with backlit RED LEDs
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
I'm not gonna say Andromeda has "bad writing", but more of an uninteresting plot. I'm 30 hours in, the game is fun, but it really pales compared to Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition. The Witcher 3 blows it out of the water, really.

Processor Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK
Memory 16GB(2x8) DDR3@2133MHz 1.5v Patriot
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
Storage 59.63GB Samsung SSD 830 + 465.76 GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO + 2TB Hitachi + 300GB Velociraptor HDD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Anker
Software Win 10 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Guys, forget the graphics, personally I don't really care about that? How is the game story wise, is it worth buying, is it worth pursuing all side story options, is it worth finishing the game for story only? Those are important things in my opinion not some graphics glitches that can or cannot be fixed via patches.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Devil
Processor Core i7-4790k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASUS Z97 Deluxe
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F CPU cooler
Memory 2x 8GB Mushkin Redline DDR-3 1866
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 1x 2TB WD Black; 2x 4TB WD Black;1x 2TB WD Green (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Guys, forget the graphics, personally I don't really care about that? How is the game story wise, is it worth buying, is it worth pursuing all side story options, is it worth finishing the game for story only? Those are important things in my opinion not some graphics glitches that can or cannot be fixed via patches.
Well if you go to the Mass Effect thread, several of us who have played a lot of hours all feel the story is good, and the game fun. Read our accounts there.

Processor Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK
Memory 16GB(2x8) DDR3@2133MHz 1.5v Patriot
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
Storage 59.63GB Samsung SSD 830 + 465.76 GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO + 2TB Hitachi + 300GB Velociraptor HDD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Anker
Software Win 10 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
... the game is fun, but it really pales compared to Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition. The Witcher 3 blows it out of the water, really.
Apologies for being a hater :), but what was so interesting, story wise, regarding the DA:I ?? I found out the game was terribly dull and no logic story ark; also just a little related to the previous 2 which had an awesome story and replay-ability.
Agreed Witcher 3 had also good stories. Just like ME1,2,3 ;)

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth
Memory 2 x 8GB G-skill Aegis 3000 or somesuch
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 760 DCU2OC 2GB
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Blue 1TB x 2
Display(s) BenQ GL2450HT
Case Some old Antec
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + slightly modded Sony DR-ZX302
Power Supply Fractal Design Effekt 400W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX-Board 3.0
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores I once had +100 dorfs in DF, so yeah pretty great
The Mass Effect trilogy was one of the best-realized trilogies in gaming - let down, in the eyes of some users, by its ending; but if the indoctrination theory has something to go for it, I think it's one of the best endings that ever took form in this media. The original trilogy really went to show how a universe steeped in narrative, with an overarching plan already aligned for its trio of games, could deliver an intense, high-quality sci-fi experience.
Words can't describe how much I disagree with this and how upset I am that Bioware ruins RPGs for everyone because people seem to believe they are some kind of Godfather of the genre. Oh wait they can; I just described it. Apart from everything Bethsoft has ever made Mass Effect are the most overrated games in history, and I cannot imagine them evolving beyond a preteens idea of what adult means. So much wasted potential.

Also, game recieves patches. Write stories on important stuff instead, like how Utopia was released yesterday, or how Steve is making serious progress on C# Aurora, or on DF's myth generator. You know, things people are actually interested in. People who aren't wankers.

Seriously, Mass Effect is so terrible it makes me angry. It's almost Fallout 4 terrible.

Processor i5 - 7300HQ
Memory 8GB DDR4
Video Card(s) 1060 6GB
Storage 180GB m.2 SATA | 250GB 850Evo SATA
Display(s) FHD 15" Gsync IPS + Acer H243H
Mouse Rival 300 with Omron main switches.
Keyboard Apex m500 (mx red)
Words can't describe how much I disagree with this and how upset I am that Bioware ruins RPGs for everyone because people seem to believe they are some kind of Godfather of the genre. Oh wait they can; I just described it. Apart from everything Bethsoft has ever made Mass Effect are the most overrated games in history, and I cannot imagine them evolving beyond a preteens idea of what adult means. So much wasted potential.

Also, game recieves patches. Write stories on important stuff instead, like how Utopia was released yesterday, or how Steve is making serious progress on C# Aurora, or on DF's myth generator. You know, things people are actually interested in. People who aren't wankers.

Seriously, Mass Effect is so terrible it makes me angry. It's almost Fallout 4 terrible.
While I think they are ok games, they are extremely overrated. RPG elements are almost nonexistent, combat is a classic cover based 3rd person shooter and content quantity is pathetic. For eg. aside from the short main quest in ME2 and a couple of loyalty missions there really is nothing to do. The game is empty. The only thing I really loved were the characters.
Now in Andromeda you have all of the above, but without the good characters. Not to mention the god awful dialogs. FFS you have a character whose face is tired with dealing with everything.
The only thing this game has going for it, is combat. But you know... if I wanted a 3rd PS with good action and combat, I'd play Gears of War.
Also bear in mind that all of the great artists, that worked on epic games of old, left Bioware a long time ago. Don't expect quality games from them in the near future.

Processor i7 8700k 4.7Ghz @ 1.26v
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X @ 2100/5500
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Eizo Foris FG2421
Case Fractal Design Define C TG
Power Supply EVGA G2 750w
Mouse Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum
Keyboard Sharkoon MK80 (Brown)
Software W10 x64

Well, I'll be the last person to applaud Bioware for its Shakespearian writing skills, you have to admit that they got the immersion down pretty damn well in ME1/2 and even 3. When judged as a game that wanted to immerse you in its universe/setting, not necessarily with all the qualities you hear people attribute to it, it did a pretty fine job IMO.

That is also what I disliked about DA:I, it took away from the immersion SO much that it was full of map markers, and forced into this open world concept. With that game, the game concept took precedence over the immersion factor and the streamlined experience. For similar reasons I had more fun with Morrowind for all its clunkiness (try following a quest line there!) and mystery, than I had with the sequels that pushed map markers in your face.

The biggest joke about Bioware really is that the team that was responsible for their legendary status (Baldur's Gate), is actually a different studio entirely named Black Isle :) I'm really getting old. Shit.