• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BSOD after installing a Samsung 1Tb 870EVO SSD

Navtalk

Hi I have an Win10Pro i7-4770k 16Gb Ram ASUS A88x mb. I just recently added a Samsung 870EVO 1tb SSD. my intent was to use as a BU drive. I made one full BU and a couple days later started having the BSOD code memory management. I am 85 and have been fooling and building computers since PCjr days. I am a bit out of the loop now. I tried everything I could dream of but nothing gave me a clue. this has been an issue for two weeks. The computer would shut down within 10 minutes. Finally an hour ago I decided to remove my 1Tb drive and my computer has been running well over an hour.
Question. I would like to reinstall the ssd, what could be the issue in my PC rejecting it.
Thanks

samsungthegreatest

Try running Hard Disk Sentinel and paste SMART data here. Probably the SSD is failing, or maybe incompatible with the board (also can happen). In first case RMA the SSD, in the second one - maybe updating BIOS will help.