• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BSOD & ATI2DVAG.dll ?

Cuppie

Hello people, i found out about this site during my search on the net, hope u have some answers for my problem.

Since a week or 2 my system randomly restarts (turned that of, so have bsod now) with appereance of error in 'ati2dvag.dll' , the logfiles say some about 0x000008e error and some more figures.

After a restart the system will say that the machine has been repaired from serious failures.

Can't really remember if my pc did this with my old monitor, but the coincedence will that for the same amount of time i'm having a samsung 20"" tft running on dvi connection (problem also on rgb)

Re-installed drivers several times, running catalyst 5.13 and newest drivers from samsung.

The card is an ATI9800-XT in a medion system.

I'm running crazy troubleshooting is difficult, cause problems are there sometimes after 10 minutes some after 9 hours, doesn't really matter what i'm doing with the machine.

I have some screenshots of errors if needed, but there in dutch, i also managed to copy and paste a minidump file into a map, but i cant read and understand the information.

If some knows how or what, please speak :respect:

(system is not flashed or clocked or whatever, i'm too much of a noob to do so)

Thanx in advance !!

Did a memtest, with 0 errors.