• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bucket ID after LiveKernelEvent 144

Processor 13900k
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 gaming e wifi
Cooling Fractal Celsius+ S36 Prisma
Memory 32GB GSKILL Trident Z5RK 6000MHZ
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 SuprimX
Display(s) LG Electronics 34GN850-B
Case Fractal Meshify
Power Supply Seasonic 1000w
Hi there,

Recently I am facing life kernel events 144 with the following Bucket ID:

LKD_0x144_CONTEXT_ERROR_AFTER_SET_DEQUEUE_USBXHCI!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_8086_DEV_7a60_REV_0011

As far as I understand, the Bucket ID seems to point to the "USB extended host controller interface" (USBXHCI). Could it be that there is a faulty USB device?

Cheers
Chris

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Philips Evnia 49M2C8900
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Processor 13900k
Case Fractal Meshify
Yes that’s where I would look first
Thank you,

is there any chance to find out which usb device could cause the issue?

What I expected ist that this issue occurs when maximizing a browser tab or opening an email in Outlook by doubleclicking on it. Then suddenly all usb connections stop working and restart.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
I cant be certain. Usually a specific device will give indication. The error is too generic. You just have to have experience knowing how these things fail.

I would look for:

- Drivers; can you reinstall chipset or go grab the drivers from the manufacturer? I would uninstall and delete the driver from device managment.

- USB device failure when this occurs. Does a mouse or keyboard blink or disconnect right before it happens?

- USB power draw. Are you using apps or data on a External hard drive? A fast charging pad for your phone? Does your keyboard allow other USB devices to connect to it?

- Overclock? In my experience when something is unstable Audio, Ethernet and USB are the first to show oddities or straight failure.

- Mobo failure? same reasons as above the big 3 can be canary's to tell you something is wrong.

- PSU? maybe its a bad 3.3/5v rail? I would check this last but its possible.

The HW ID generally gives this info. But I can find nothing regarding 7A60

Processor 13900k
Case Fractal Meshify
I cant be certain. Usually a specific device will give indication. The error is too generic. You just have to have experience knowing how these things fail.

I would look for:

- Drivers; can you reinstall chipset or go grab the drivers from the manufacturer? I would uninstall and delete the driver from device managment.

- USB device failure when this occurs. Does a mouse or keyboard blink or disconnect right before it happens?

- USB power draw. Are you using apps or data on a External hard drive? A fast charging pad for your phone? Does your keyboard allow other USB devices to connect to it?

- Overclock? In my experience when something is unstable Audio, Ethernet and USB are the first to show oddities or straight failure.

- Mobo failure? same reasons as above the big 3 can be canary's to tell you something is wrong.

- PSU? maybe its a bad 3.3/5v rail? I would check this last but its possible.

The HW ID generally gives this info. But I can find nothing regarding 7A60
Thank you,

I have to mention that I switched my whole system (Everything new - even the case) and the issue still persists.
I actually have an usb powered inductive mousepad connected. For a test I will unplug it. Furthermore I have an external ssd connected to one of the front usb ports.
There is no indicator right before the problem happens (at least I couldn’t figure anything out). All USB devices suddenly stop working and after 2-3 seconds they begin to work again.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
and the issue still persists.
If it followed you then it’s a good indicator a device has an issue. But don’t fall into the trap “it’s new so it can’t be broken” you don’t want to think your machine can have a problem because you just spent a lot of money on it. Step out of that mind set when working problems.

Processor 13900k
Case Fractal Meshify
If it followed you then it’s a good indicator a device has an issue. But don’t fall into the trap “it’s new so it can’t be broken” you don’t want to think your machine can have a problem because you just spent a lot of money on it. Step out of that mind set when working problems.
That’s totally true but it is really the same error as with my older system and I must say that everything else works fine. I think it’s more likely having an external device issue then having an issue with the pc itself.
I once thought that there could be something wrong with my Astro as 50 headset as I bought this one with my last pc setup but I called their support and they sent me a new headset and the error is still there.
It is really a mess as it could be like everything and nothing…

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Good. You seem to be doing the right thing removing devices. It will take time to narrow it down unless you can replicate it easily, but given the systems history this seems like the right path forward.

montblanc106

OP what mobo are you using and are you using any lighting links and software like the corsair hub? I use usblog view to monitor the problem, is there any way to find out which device trips the 144 error? Am I correct in thinking this error could be triggered by an internal usb header?

I have this exact same issue. All usb devices will disconnect for a couple seconds then reconnect. Does not seem to be dependent on stress or load and has no reproducibility. Sometimes it can happen multiple times in a couple hours then it might only happen once the next day.

Steps I have taken- New psu, bios update, reinstalled chipset drivers from website after fresh windows install, new mobo, new cpu, new ram, new ssd, different mouse and keyboard, and it still persists. I RMAD everything I could. I have tried plugging into different usb slots but that doesn't seem to make a difference. At this point I am beginning to think it has to be an internal usb, in my case I think the culprit is my h150i lcd because the screen will wig out at times and I have no idea where to look elsewhere.

My next step is to try a different branded mobo, was using the aorus z790 elite ax, and have found online that people have had similar driver issues with this board, especially when also using corsair icue.

Processor 13900k
Case Fractal Meshify
OP what mobo are you using and are you using any lighting links and software like the corsair hub? I use usblog view to monitor the problem, is there any way to find out which device trips the 144 error? Am I correct in thinking this error could be triggered by an internal usb header?

I have this exact same issue. All usb devices will disconnect for a couple seconds then reconnect. Does not seem to be dependent on stress or load and has no reproducibility. Sometimes it can happen multiple times in a couple hours then it might only happen once the next day.

Steps I have taken- New psu, bios update, reinstalled chipset drivers from website after fresh windows install, new mobo, new cpu, new ram, new ssd, different mouse and keyboard, and it still persists. I RMAD everything I could. I have tried plugging into different usb slots but that doesn't seem to make a difference. At this point I am beginning to think it has to be an internal usb, in my case I think the culprit is my h150i lcd because the screen will wig out at times and I have no idea where to look elsewhere.

My next step is to try a different branded mobo, was using the aorus z790 elite ax, and have found online that people have had similar driver issues with this board, especially when also using corsair icue.
My first setup I had this problem with was the ASUS z690 gaming wifi f mit a 12990k. Because of the problem I rmad the whole system an bought a completely new one with an ASUS z790 gaming wifi e and a 13990k. My first setup had an Aorus waterforce 360 and the new setup has the Fractal Design Celsius + S36.
Which headset do you use?

I am not using any lightning or other type of bloatware.

montblanc106

I use the hyper x wireless headset. My only other external usbs are a kb and mouse and my psu as it has usb output for monitoring power. I am with you on this issue, I have been at this for months and have gotten pretty much nowhere. The only thing that hasn't been changed for me is the monitor, the case, gpu, and the aio. Which besides the latter, none of those seem to fit this problem eg if it was gfx I would have symptoms of that too like visual corruption but I don't. Everything will be fine, and then in the middle of browsing the web even I get the dc. Its right maddening.

So you have different mobo, and ram if you went to ddr5 as well as a new cooler. Maybe an odd question, but do you ever have power issues at your house? The wiring on our house is not the best in places so that was also something I was considering. I have both my pc as well as everything else hooked up to UPS but this was something that popped into my mind even if it is far fetched. I am past the point of uninstall reinstall, remove, replace, etc and more in the part where I am just feeling around in the dark for things that may make sense. Ill try to think of some other possibilities but I am stumped.

I will throw this out there, I have done A LOT of searching to find people with similar issues that arent fixed by standard methods. I have come across people who said my aorus board caused them a similar issue and the problem went away when switching brands to MSI. In my searches I found most of these issues seemed to be with gigabytes board of which they own aorus. However I did see some more sporadic mentions of some z690 and z790 asus boards as well. It flips things on the head because while gigabyte has had some issues in the past years, I always trusted asus boards. But I mention it just in case. So that could be a crock of nothing but for myself I did buy a MSI board that I will install and see if the problem persists, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Last edited:
Processor 13900k
Case Fractal Meshify
I use the hyper x wireless headset. My only other external usbs are a kb and mouse and my psu as it has usb output for monitoring power. I am with you on this issue, I have been at this for months and have gotten pretty much nowhere. The only thing that hasn't been changed for me is the monitor, the case, gpu, and the aio. Which besides the latter, none of those seem to fit this problem eg if it was gfx I would have symptoms of that too like visual corruption but I don't. Everything will be fine, and then in the middle of browsing the web even I get the dc. Its right maddening.

So you have different mobo, and ram if you went to ddr5 as well as a new cooler. Maybe an odd question, but do you ever have power issues at your house? The wiring on our house is not the best in places so that was also something I was considering. I have both my pc as well as everything else hooked up to UPS but this was something that popped into my mind even if it is far fetched. I am past the point of uninstall reinstall, remove, replace, etc and more in the part where I am just feeling around in the dark for things that may make sense. Ill try to think of some other possibilities but I am stumped.

I will throw this out there, I have done A LOT of searching to find people with similar issues that arent fixed by standard methods. I have come across people who said my aorus board caused them a similar issue and the problem went away when switching brands to MSI. In my searches I found most of these issues seemed to be with gigabytes board of which they own aorus. However I did see some more sporadic mentions of some z690 and z790 asus boards as well. It flips things on the head because while gigabyte has had some issues in the past years, I always trusted asus boards. But I mention it just in case. So that could be a crock of nothing but for myself I did buy a MSI board that I will install and see if the problem persists, just haven't gotten to it yet.
Yes, I use ddr5. Our house is a new building, we have no issues here. Isn’t there anybody that can help with the error message? I mean the bucket id clearly mentions usbxhci - so it seems to be something with the usb host controller. I also installed the latest chipset drivers - maybe that will do the trick.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Yes, I use ddr5. Our house is a new building, we have no issues here. Isn’t there anybody that can help with the error message? I mean the bucket id clearly mentions usbxhci - so it seems to be something with the usb host controller. I also installed the latest chipset drivers - maybe that will do the trick.

for what its worth, no one will find this if you call it "bucket ID" bucket IDs are used for things like object storage on AWS or Backblaze. This is an event id.

since you appear to have gotten this from event viewer

Processor 13900k
Case Fractal Meshify
What I found out so far is that "VEN_8086" points to the Intel Vendor-ID and "DEV_7a60_REV_0011" is the Hardware-ID of my Intel USB eXtensible-Hostcontroller.

Processor 13900k
Case Fractal Meshify
Here we go again - I installed the latest chipset drivers, but still no gain - 144 issue persists. I now try to unplug certain devices to check if the error will disappear.

Processor 13900k
Case Fractal Meshify
Found out that after having changed my headset (From Astro A50 to JBL) the error is gone.

Seems that the auxiliary power adapter of the A50s docking station led to a kernel panic because of some currents.
Problem solved, case closed.