1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bykski FOUR CPU Waterblock

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by VSG, Jun 26, 2017.

1. VSG

VSG Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Bykski is a watercooling brand that has been operating in Asia thus far, but recently made strides to go global. Their new FOUR series of CPU waterblocks offer five color customization options, a metal top cover on an acrylic top, a massive nickel-plated copper cold plate, and installation all from the back for a clean look when installed.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Bykski/FOUR_CPU_Waterblock/

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Nabarun says thanks.
  2. ZoneDymo

ZoneDymo

Thanks Received:
    Sooo... why would anyone get this over the XSPC Raystorm (pro) ?

3. Chaitanya

Chaitanya

Thanks Received:
    I reckon that large cold plate might make it suitable for upcoming AMD platform without too much modification.

4. VSG

Thanks Received:
    I personally would not, the XSPC Raystorm Pro is tremendous value for money.

Good point, it needs to be slightly longer but the cold plate is large enough to fit most of it.

5. looniam

looniam

Thanks Received:
    that is a "thread ripper" size cold plate.

and if this is the FOUR series, where are the other 3?

i'm here all week, try the veal!

6. AnarchoPrimitiv

AnarchoPrimitiv New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think the article is wrong, and the right 1/4"G thread (when viewed as fully assembled and installed on a motherboard) is the inlet and the left 1/4" thread is the outlet. If you look at the acrylic top which contains the two female threads, there is clearly a routed channel that connects to the right 1/4"G thread yet, it does not connect to the left 1/4"G thread. This is because the left thread is over the channel routed along the perimeter of the nickle plated block which collects the outflow from the fins and directs it to the outlet, the right 1/4"G thread is connected to the end of the channel in the acrylic top so that it can direct the inlet flow over the jetplate, which the channel in the acrylic mirrors in position and size. Anyone else feel me?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    VSG says thanks.
  7. VSG

Thanks Received:
    I feel you. I can't believe I forgot to update that after testing was finished. Thanks for catching it, updated it now.

8. OneMoar

OneMoar There is Always Moar

Thanks Received:
    single o ring only 4 small screws thin pumptop
    yea no thats gonna leak

good blocks have double or triple seals and at 6 screws for better pressure distribution or just larger screws

9. VSG

Thanks Received:
    Nothing inherently wrong with this configuration, I have many blocks here with the same one O-ring and 4 screws, and some with even thinner tops. Operation at atmospheric pressure won't cause an issue here imo.

10. Assimilator

Assimilator

Thanks Received:
    FOURst!

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Ferrum Master

Ferrum Master

Thanks Received:
    Well, the morale is simple. If you see it, don't bash it, it is pretty decent all rounder if it fits your board. Seriously all proper made blocks perform within a 1C, how much flow it eats up really is the concern usually and how expensive it is at your place and the nickel coating quality too(cough EK, cough).

@VSG Have you got in your hands the X99 version of this?

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. VSG

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately not, the language barrier is real and I am just glad I got this review done thanks to a representative of the Chinese hardware company Colorful who is helping Bykski with their English website and venture.

Ferrum Master says thanks.