• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can we discuss monetized content?

Here's the deal.
I'm totally fine with monetized constant sometimes because i know what it takes to maintain a site and staff.
But what happened today was very disappointing for me as a community member here and i'm sure that for many others.
My comment regarding the reputation of such company was deleted without any notice, which is much worse than the partnership itself to be frank.

Backgrounds of partners have to be checked before posting such thing. A grey market key seller is not a proper partner to work with, since its reputation online is pretty bad from the results found when googling the website or its owners.

As a whole, many many developers have already voiced their clear opinions about grey market sellers. Some of them go as far as recommending us to pirate their games instead of giving money to those companies.

I know TPU needs income, but why turn for those options when some of the most profitable ways are being unused? (YouTube ad revenue for example)

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
are you referring to scdkey?

I used their service multiple of times and have not been burned by it. Should I be?

As well, what is your dog in all this? Why does it matter to you how they obtain the money? Does it harm you in any way?

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
some of the most profitable ways are being unused?
What are those unused profitable ways? And YT revenue only works when your channel is pulling in hundreds of thousands of views, and even then the earnings are cents. YouTuber's and Twitch streamers make mad dolla from sponsorships and Patreon.

OK, here's a question. Do you know why these websites are called grey market and why its is a very serious ethical issue working with them to promote sales for you community?

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I used their service multiple of times and have not been burned by it. Should I be?

As well, what is your dog in all this? Why does it matter to you how they obtain the money? Does it harm you in any way?

It clearly matters. What if they financed it with cocaine (Danthebanjoman seems to be gone though so I guess that's out :()? These sites are not strictly legal, as they also sell illegal keys. It's not a practicsl problem, because the keys generally work, but a moral one.

OK, here's a question. Do you know why these websites are called grey market and why its is a very serious ethical issue working with them to promote sales for you community?

Rcoon definitely knows.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Do you know why these websites are called grey market
Yes. I frequently explain to people how some of the 3rd party sellers on websites like G2A obtain their keys. Even did an investigation on Kinguin for the developer of Blood Alloy Reborn after his press keys were being sold by YouTubers for profit.

Yes. I frequently explain to people how some of the 3rd party sellers on websites like G2A obtain their keys.

A website that hides its location, people and other details behind godaddy and other methods is exactly why people should doubt the ethics of such business.

As a community member being offered deals with an ethically grey shop feels like being sold for cheap revenue.

Regarding youtube, without even properly trying, of course there won't be a popular channel with income. And no, a news recap once in a while is not trying. People are in for the day 1 reviews and opinions.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
A website that hides its location, people and other details behind godaddy and other methods
It's called privacy, also known as a human right.

To be clear I don't condone some of the practices of third party sellers on these sites. If you have principles, stick to them and vote with your wallet, time etc.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Can you tell me if you're the connecting link between those people and TPU? Seriously asking.
Not at all, I have no horse in this race, I do everything I do for TPU for free.

EDIT: I just enjoy writing.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
I refuse to use g2a as they do burn buyers & i have personal experience as to how their "protection" service is nothing more than a empty charge. But ive used many other sites to buy games & cdkeys is great. Ive only had great experiences with them, make no mistake g2a IS tras, id certainly be bothered if tpu used them, but i also have no say in the matter.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
It clearly matters. What if they financed it with cocaine (Danthebanjoman seems to be gone though so I guess that's out :()? These sites are not strictly legal, as they also sell illegal keys. It's not a practicsl problem, because the keys generally work, but a moral one.

Rcoon definitely knows.

Its a moral issue? To buy from someone selling cd keys? I have no idea where they came from. Do you? Or is it an assumption?

As well, I do not know who danthebanjoman is so I can't comment. But they aren't selling anything illegal. If they were promoting silk road, then I would understand.