• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can we submerse radiators?

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Would that depend on the size of the container. If my container was the size of a swimming pool, there no way i need a fan. ..OK a little OTT but can you see where I'm going with this. If the container is large enough, the CPU/GPU will have a hard time getting pass a certain temperature.
Of course, but at what point does it become impractical? The cooling pond needs to adequately dissipate during a heat spell during the summer.

If you have a 100W TDP CPU and a 300W TDP GPU, is a standard bathtub enough to dissipate the heat? I'm not sure but I do know that it's not practical.

With stagnant water, you'd have to treat it with chemicals (like a swimming pool) to prevent algae growth and deter pests (like mosquitos). And then you'd probably have to protect it to prevent pets and children from drinking biocide treated water. If the cooling pool is deep enough, you'd probably need to set up safeguards for drowning. Would you like to check the cooling pond's chemistry (pH, chlorine, etc.) weekly as is done for swimming pools? The list goes on and on.

The original premise is flawed and poorly thought out.

Last edited:
System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Eliminate the rad and use copper tubing. Bury it coiled, deep enough under ground and it will naturally cool the water in the loop.
Its been done so googling might find a how to.

Of course, but at what point does it become impractical? The cooling pond needs to adequately dissipate during a heat spell during the summer.

If you have a 100W TDP CPU and a 300W TDP GPU, is a standard bathtub enough to dissipate the heat? I'm not sure but I do know that it's not practical.

With stagnant water, you'd have to treat it with chemicals (like a swimming pool) to prevent algae growth and deter pests (like mosquitos). And then you'd probably have to protect it to prevent pets and children from drinking biocide treated water. If the cooling pool is deep enough, you'd probably need to set up safeguards for drowning. Would you like to check the cooling pond's chemistry (pH, chlorine, etc.) weekly as is done for swimming pools? The list goes on and on.

The original premise is flawed and poorly thought out.

Read what I said earlier in the thread. Whenever you come up with a new idea your always going to have problems. You need to overcome problems because effectively it's a prototype.

I said container the size of a swimming pool as an example to point out you don't need a fan due to the sheer volume of liquid even in the heat of the summer months, not actually use a real swimming pool filled with water. Read post #19 carefully

You will not be using water. You could use current solutions already on the market or something else.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
I read your post carefully. Having a cooling pond the size of a swimming pool (or even a bathtub) for a standard consumer PC is not practical. I'm not saying that it can't dissipate the generated heat, I'm saying that it can't do it in a currently practical sense.

Let's say you can dissipate 500W TDP between a CPU and GPU with a kiddie inflatable wading pool with some sort of special liquid. Is that possible? Sure. Is that practical?

Hell, I can probably cool my car's engine with a non-fan driven radiator by towing some sort of weird liquid cooling pond. But does that make any sense? Would it be expensive? (You better believe it.)

Sure, with an infinite budget and no consideration for any factors yes, it's possible.

Remember that radiator-assisted cooling isn't a "new idea" [sic]. Cars have been cooled like this for about a century. The ISS has radiators filled with ammonia. Radiator-assisted cooling is a worthy solution in some situations and far less so than others.

One thing I can always count on from the Internet is a certain number of individuals who are completely divorced from reality. You have not disappointed.

QED

JCL

Just sharing this to show a possible idea spark. Of course it isn't practical for most but it is my benching rig and works great for me.
I have an ASRock Z77 OC Formula as my daily and a Maximus V for some photo work and back up.
Both of those containers I put blocks of ice in while benching. I can remove the resulting thaw and add more ice as I go to keep temps low. Now though it is our monsoon and the dewpoint makes anything too cold very risky due to condensation. Maybe in a month or so. Even then it has to be watched closely. That is the reason for the fans on the 5700, there is a space between the card/water block that needs to have good air flow. When the air is dry enough for a lot of ice I pull a hose and bypass the rads, running the water straight to the reservoir . Even with no ice setup like it is now it hold temps well. There are different ways to do what you are after, it just depends on what you have to work with. Submerging the rad in water though, there is not a way to throw off the heat as others have said, and basically becomes a heater for the water.

Attachments

• ctr + conduct.png
    ctr + conduct.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0088.JPG
    DSC_0088.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0105.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
I read your post carefully. Having a cooling pond the size of a swimming pool (or even a bathtub) for a standard consumer PC is not practical. I'm not saying that it can't dissipate the generated heat, I'm saying that it can't do it in a currently practical sense.

That's not the point I'm trying to put across. The point is at a given volume of liquid you will not need a fan. A container the size of a swimming pool was clearly OTT.

@Thread

Someone pointed out when radiator is submerged you need a fan. Post #09 has already proven this works without a fan for 15 mins. The liquid in the container is in direct contact with the radiator. So my question is, why would you need a fan. If the user was to submerge the radiator in a larger container, it's going to take longer to heat up.

@JCL

If you have just water in that container with fans off on the radiator, how hot does the water get in the container? Max temperature.

EDIT: If you have never done this before, don't do it. I don't want you to end up with a broken PC.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

JCL

That's not the point I'm trying to put across. The point is at a given volume of liquid you will not need a fan. A container the size of a swimming pool was clearly OTT.

@Thread

Someone pointed out when radiator is submerged you need a fan. Post #09 has already proven this works without a fan for 15 mins. The liquid in the container is in direct contact with the radiator. So my question is, why would you need a fan. If the user was to submerge the radiator in a larger container, it's going to take longer to heat up.

@JCL

If you have just water in that container with fans off on the radiator, how hot does the water get in the container? Max temperature.

EDIT: If you have never done this before, don't do it. I don't want you to end up with a broken PC.
I haven't done that but if it ran long enough it would approach that temp of the chip almost with no removal of heat. Fans are important for a rad to work.

Hello,
Is it a good idea, has anyone tried?

instead of cooling the rad with fans, can we just use longer tubes, take the rad away from chassis and sink it under water?
Also can we use another gpu wb as a rad for this purpose? since I think gpu block is less prune to corrosion and no fans no fins.
What are the cons?
A submerged radiator, as was already pointed out, doesn't make any sense since now you need to put a lot more energy into moving the medium that's removing the heat. Its not like you can just toss the radiator into a cool still liquid. The liquid has to transfer the heat from the radiator and move it away and get cooled again, which will not happen without having to deal with the pains of plumbing, pumps, and refrigerants or a watermill next to a river.

D

Deleted member 24505

A submerged radiator, as was already pointed out, doesn't make any sense since now you need to put a lot more energy into moving the medium that's removing the heat. Its not like you can just toss the radiator into a cool still liquid. The liquid has to transfer the heat from the radiator and move it away and get cooled again, which will not happen without having to deal with the pains of plumbing, pumps, and refrigerants or a watermill next to a river.

As i said, convection in a pool of liquid is not enough imo to move the heat away from the radiator, you would need a pump to make the fluid move around. otherwise the radiator would just end up surrounded by the heat it is producing. you need to "stir" the heat into the volume of cooler liquid.

Tbh i think a standard loop with rads and fans is pretty good for a PC. for long term extreme cooling, i don't think there is anything practical, as LN is not practical for anything but suicide runs, and iced water will constantly need the ice replacing.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
As i said, convection in a pool of liquid is not enough imo to move the heat away from the radiator, you would need a pump to make the fluid move around. otherwise the radiator would just end up surrounded by the heat it is producing. you need to "stir" the heat into the volume of cooler liquid.

Tbh i think a standard loop with rads and fans is pretty good for a PC. for long term extreme cooling, i don't think there is anything practical, as LN is not practical for anything but suicide runs, and iced water will constantly need the ice replacing.

Or just build a thermally isolated box for your PC with its own air conditioner :D. A cheap 8000Btu window AC can handle 2000W of heat no problem and no need to worry about condensation either.

Last edited:

Sachingare

They do it for mining farms (as an example)
Submerging in water isn't the greatest idea, other liquids are more useful

Or just build a thermally isolated box for your PC with its own air conditioner :D. A cheap 8000Btu window AC can handle 2000W of heat no problem and no need to worry about condensation either.
heh, I'm pretty sure that would me more hassle than what its worth.
Yes, unfortunately you would still need to be concerned about condensation since the AC is going to be pulling more humid air from outside and blowing it into the case. While AC can remove some moisture from the air, you're still going to have to dry the air further before it gets inside of the case. It doesn't take much condensation(it doesn't have to be enough to be visible) to screw something up when it comes to electronics.

You would practically need to custom-make a hermetically sealed case with intake/exhaust hoses, portable AC unit, and a proper dehumidifier connected to a large intake chamber of silica gel. That's a hell of a lot of $ just to have sub 60 deg. F temps inside a computer case. :wtf:

Lei

Processor 3900x - Bykski waterblock
Motherboard MSI b450m mortar max BIOS Date 27 Apr 2023
Cooling αcool 560 rad - 2xPhanteks F140XP
Memory Micron 32gb 3200mhz ddr4
Video Card(s) Colorful 3090 ADOC active backplate cooling
Storage WD SN850 2tb ,HP EX950 1tb, WD UltraStar Helioseal 18tb+18tb
Display(s) 24“ HUION pro 4k 10bit
Case aluminium extrusions copper panels, 60 deliveries for every piece down to screws
Audio Device(s) sony stereo mic, logitech c930, Gulikit pro 2 + xbox Series S controller, moded bt headphone 1200mAh
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse pen display, no mouse no click
Keyboard Microsoft aio media embedded touchpad (moded lithium battery 1000mAh)
Software Win 11 23h2 build 22631
Benchmark Scores cine23 20000
Water internal heat capacity 4200
Air internal heat capacity 993

room dimensions 5x4x10 meters. Air volume 200 cubic meters
20 Liters of water = 0.02 cubic meters

room has 10000 more air than 20 Liters of water
water temp rises 4.23 times slower than air

if your pc makes the ambient temp rise by 1 degree, it will raise water temp by 2364 degrees (10000/4.23)

How many liters of water if we fill your room with water? 200000
A room full of air takes away heat better than quarter that amount of water

What I don't understand : hold a cup of water next to the ocean, both under sunlight. measure the temp, why the water in cup is not boiling? Sun must rise cup temp (ocean volume/cup volume) times more than the ocean. hmm, sun is the cpu and cup is the bathtub/bucket

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
This old idea coming back made me want to extend some tubing out the window and run an external radiator for summer...

Eliminate the rad and use copper tubing. Bury it coiled, deep enough under ground and it will naturally cool the water in the loop.
Thats what i was remembering! some old video on doing that

Reactions: Lei
System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
bruh at this point just throw a radiator in the lake and call it a day

Someone in my country whos known for unusual/crazy experiments did that ~10+ years ago during winter.:D
https://bacsis-tuning.hu/2010/12/a-balatonhutes

Just for the pictures even if you can't understand it.
Also the difference was only 1 celsius between the cold air and after submerging the heatsink in the icy lake.

Well ok not with a rad but its close enough considering the age of the 'experiment'.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
*Looks at spare quick disconnects, hosing, and cheap radiators i got for $5 off facebook*

If i can get the hose out without letting summer air in, i may have a project in a few months

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
heh, I'm pretty sure that would me more hassle than what its worth.
Yes, unfortunately you would still need to be concerned about condensation since the AC is going to be pulling more humid air from outside and blowing it into the case. While AC can remove some moisture from the air, you're still going to have to dry the air further before it gets inside of the case. It doesn't take much condensation(it doesn't have to be enough to be visible) to screw something up when it comes to electronics.

You would practically need to custom-make a hermetically sealed case with intake/exhaust hoses, portable AC unit, and a proper dehumidifier connected to a large intake chamber of silica gel. That's a hell of a lot of $ just to have sub 60 deg. F temps inside a computer case. :wtf:

Window AC or split AC don't work the same as HVAC, they don't use air from the outside, it just cycle and cool down the air that is inside the room and dehumidifying it (it is more efficient this way, same as car AC where you can choose between 2 modes). These AC unit can often act as a dehumidifier as condesation happen at the cooling radiator and go out the water drain, therefore lowering the dew point inside the room to as low as 5C.

So just build a sealed box so water from outside cannot get in, stick an AC in it and that's it, the AC is even cheaper than custom watercooling :D. I guess this is what they are doing with server farms.

Illustration how window AC works

591a606b9e132c0bfcb1ecd1.jpg

Last edited:
System Name BorgX79
Processor i7-3930k 6/12cores@4.4GHz
Motherboard Sabertoothx79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) Sapphire R480 8GB
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Cooler Master 1000W Silent Pro
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Rosewill RK-1000
Software Win7x64
I once set up a 1000A power supply for electropolishing, and it was a lm317 with a shitload of pass transistors on a rack frame with a garden hose hookup.
The water going in from the city was ~50F, and would boil the output, but even the last set of transistors never went over 100C.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock

Making moonshine... :D :D

System Name C₂H₅OH
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Alphacool Core 1 Black
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E GENE
Cooling Custom loop - MO-RA3 420 & 360 Pro - Heatkiller 200 & 150 D5 pump/res combo
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB F5-8000J4048F24GX2 8GHz 36-44-44
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X Alphacool block
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB - Intel 660 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Asus PG27AQDM 240Hz OLED
Case Streacom BC1 Silver
Audio Device(s) Topping DX7Pro - Topping A90 - Hifiman Ananda - Focal Elear - Focal Radiance - Adam A5X & Adam Sub 7
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Ducky One 2 SF White MX Speed Silver / Logitech MX Mechanical
Software Windows 11 Pro
Dunking rads in water can be done, it just isn't a great idea. I've done it before multiple times :D Got a trash bin, filled it up with 9kg of ice and poured some water in it. Worked great for a bit, then condensation became a problem hahaha. Here's a random picture of it:
IMG_0929.jpeg

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Yeah you really just need circulating cold tap water in the bucket.. that should be enough without too much condensation risk.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Geothermal works well too! A guy on my team used it until he moved, his results were excellent :cool:

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
Fans are important for a rad to work
They are.
However you can run your Rads fanless/off if you use a Chiller.

JCL

"When the air is dry enough for a lot of ice I pull a hose and bypass the rads, running the water straight to the reservoir ." At that time the res. contain ice. Fans or going through the rad just accelerates the increase in amount of ice used. It works great with just water during times of high humidity holding temps down. That CB20 was just water. A chiller, $$$.