1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Catalyst Control Center Will Not Start. Please help!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by >>PhoeniX<<, Apr 9, 2011.

1. >>PhoeniX<<

>>PhoeniX<< New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok so basically I got my new motherboard 890FXA-GD70 MSI and I installed my two cards into it. Booted fine and the bios updated to 1.80 fine.

So basically now my CCC will not start. I can overclock using afterburner so windows is holding the cards fine. But I can not adjust any of my quality-performance settings and its really getting annoying. It just goes and says "CCC has stopped working checking for solution". I will post a pic just to let you see what it is doing.

If I can get this fixed that would be amazing because I have literally tried everything. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i've ran into a few people with this problem, and in each case the fix was as follows.

format and reinstall a non-modified windows. that means no tweaks, no disabled services, no pre modded ISO's.

Once thats done, update the OS. any service packs or windows updates - get em all. (you can skip video card drivers from windows update here.)

reboot, THEN install the latest drivers. reboot again.

all is well.

at this point, if you have a dual GPU setup, install the second card now and let it be detected in the CCC.

the cause for this is somehow related to CCC's dependencies, be it a service, dotnet file or registry entries... something fucks it up, and it just wont work without fixing it... but its like finding a needle in a haystack. formatting to a new haystack is the easiest fix.

10 Year Member at TPU