• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

China Goes Ahead with Micron Technology Sales Ban

I was born during the first Cold War, I wonder if the second one heats up enough to ultimately end my life. Probably not but it's a nice thought.

i'm not defending any of this in any way, but the US just has to say jump and the koreans ask how high. The US gov. would have more trouble convincing a Texan company to do what they want then a korean one.
Sure, we have the Koreans and Japanese by the balls right now but they will find a way. As we've seen with the Russian sanctions, countries and companies will exploit the backdoors and loopholes even US companies lol. Many US corporations said they pulled out of Russia but they are still operating via Russian subsidiaries.

Sure, we have the Koreans and Japanese by the balls right now but they will find a way. As we've seen with the Russian sanctions, countries and companies will exploit the backdoors and loopholes even US companies lol. Many US corporations said they pulled out of Russia but they are still operating via Russian subsidiaries.
For what it's worth, in regards to South Korea and Japan, the war in Ukraine and the C-19 Pandemic has led both to reassess their strategic production capabilities, with South Korea looking to improve their tech sector, and Japan working to revive theirs, even having TSMC and Samsung open up facilities in Japan and sharing their knowledge.

D

Deleted member 185088

I'm just sorry Europe doesn't invest more in some specific important sectors like this. We would be ride of these idiots on the 2 sides of the Pacific. I doubt this is true it but i wouldn't put past either of them to have NSA and whatever the chinese version of the American spying conglomerate is in their products.
Europe (mostly France and Germany) needs strong leaders that stand against the US and China, not sheep blindly following their masters in the white house.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Europe (mostly France and Germany) needs strong leaders that stand against the US and China, not sheep blindly following their masters in the white house.
Every time europe gets strong leaders, it starts self immolating. Germany is a long lost cause, maybe in 200 years they'll be able to move past the 1930s. France is too busy trying to suppress criticism of czar macron to do anything useful. Anything new and powerful will be hamstrung by EU bureaucrats and their regulations.

Asia is the rising power of the world. China, india, ece are where the growth is. Places like europe are resting on their legacies and wont be big world leaders again within our lifetimes. The jury is still out on whether america will reclaim its position as dominant political superpower or will kotow to china.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502

Germany to this day is too afraid to piss anyone off, even the damn Russians (in the beginning at least). France will never lead, they suck at it. We need Estonia to take charge of the EU :D

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Life goes on without you...

D

Deleted member 185088

Germany to this day is too afraid to piss anyone off, even the damn Russians (in the beginning at least). France will never lead, they suck at it. We need Estonia to take charge of the EU :D
Nah Russia should join the EU, though Estonia is a good choice, they are far enough from the US to not be infected by their disease.

i have a micron 2tb ssd, how the fuck is it a security risk. lmao
Chuck Schumer answered your question - “I’ve long sounded the alarm on the grave national security and economic threats behind YMTC and other CCP-backed technology companies, like CXMT and SMIC. YMTC poses an immediate threat to our national security, so the Biden Administration needed to act swiftly to prevent YMTC from gaining even an inch of a military or economic advantage.”

Just replace YMTC and CXMT with Micron. And CCP with DNC/GOP.