• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

China Starts Production of Domestic DRAM Chips

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Didn't they probe the limit of the Party? Xi duly replied with show hand of armor vehicle touring the city centre. IF THREATENED, USE FORCE was the message. Since then everything subsided to a manageble level, both sides have exercise restraint at this point of time.
The demostration is simply unsustainable, it's time to get out when initial demand is met.

2. I think what we are discussing is beyond the scope of this forum, we shall end here.
Can't argue with that one, they won, but didn't want the win...

And yes, we're way off topic by now...

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Lastly on the actual topic, that's what you get when you create export restrictions.. you reduce your supremacy in the market.. great job trump.
Actually what you don’t get is China has ALWAYS been about self-sufficiency. They only import products until they don’t have to. THAT is reality, not your attempt to being politics into a thread, which is against forum rules, btw.

Reactions: 64K

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Actually what you don’t get is China has ALWAYS been about self-sufficiency. They only import products until they don’t have to. THAT is reality, not your attempt to being politics into a thread, which is against forum rules, btw.

True and they export a lot of junk and even some things that are hazardous. Recently the Chinese manufactured Fallout 76 wearable Nuka Cola helmet was recalled due to dangerous mold. In the past other things manufactured in China were recalled like poison found in pet food which were responsible for the deaths of thousands of cats and dogs in the USA alone, lead paint being used on small children's toys and little kids are known for putting toys in their mouths, candy containing melamine a toxic chemical, toothpaste containing diethylene glycol a toxic chemical used in making resins and polyurethanes, ginger containing aldicarb sulfoxide, catfish containing anti-fungal drugs known to cause cancer, radial tires in which the Chinese manufacturer had discontinued a safety feature that prevented the tires from coming apart and regularly people post on this site about fake GPUs being sold from China that were misrepresented deliberately.

I've gotten to the point that I avoid anything made in China if I can help it and I certainly would never buy any food products made in China.

Last edited:
System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
i recall that back in 90's we're searching to buy stuff made in Europe,USA... due quality ...than a few years later same stuff was "made in China" also and previous ones become a rarity til extinction ... than soon all market was gone to hell as now if something is not made in China is not "original" anymore , of course as a joke, but sometimes a bad one..

System Name Unreal Machine IV
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asrock 570X Taichi
Cooling Noctua U9S
Memory Team UD4-4000 @4000 CL18 1:1
Video Card(s) 5600XT Red Devil
Storage Kingston SSD 240GB + WD RED 4TB + WD Blue SN 550 Nvme 1TB X3
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Case Old school Termalthake xaser III black with lots of noctua 80mm fans
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion + Creative Inspire t7900 7.1 + Sony MDR-1A + AKG K-240
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech G502 hero SE
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 Multi ~15k 4.4Ghz all core Cinebench R23 single 1.5k 4.65Ghz
i recall that back in 90's we're searching to buy stuff made in Europe,USA... due quality ...than a few years later same stuff was "made in China" also and previous ones become a rarity til extinction ... than soon all market was gone to hell as now if something is not made in China is not "original" anymore , of course as a joke, but sometimes a bad one..

To the point i need to search really hard to buy anything not made in china, it's still possible to buy tools made in europe but these cost the price, last thrice for twice the price...

Processor Core i5-4440
Motherboard Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87
Memory 8 GB DDR3-2400 CL11
Video Card(s) GTX 760 2GB
People can criticize China as much as they want but someday they will thank china for saving the world. western civilization is corrupted to the core and the world needs a new solution. I think China can be that solution. China is like a new blood injected to the infested and dying body of humanity.

ErnstInEarnest

People can criticize China as much as they want but someday they will thank china for saving the world. western civilization is corrupted to the core and the world needs a new solution. I think China can be that solution. China is like a new blood injected to the infested and dying body of humanity.
May i ask "whats your China experience? Are u a citizen or u have lived there for years? "
I lived there for 13 years (until 2017), first visit to China was 1992. I've seen too much of the darkside, nevertheless it is improving. Improvement come in the form of copying the Western way - GOVERN BY LAWS AND REGULATION ( little surprise 3/10 of the population wish/intend to migrate to Western country, if given the chance)