• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Chris Taylor (GPG)'s Newsletter!

AsGStorm

Processor AMD Athlon X2 6000+ @ 3.0GHZ 125 Watt Or Something
Motherboard AsRock ALive-NF6G
Cooling Stock
Memory 2 GB [2x 1GB] DDR 2 RAM @ 887MHZ
Video Card(s) Nvidia BFG 8800GT OC2 Edition
Storage 1 X 200 GB HDD SATA
Display(s) 19" Flat Panel Plug 'n' Play
Case It's black!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 550W
Software Windows XP Professional
Hello everyone,

Wow, what a year! I can’t believe how much has happened, and how many new things we have in the works. Not only did we release the first version of Supreme Commander, we also launched its stand-alone expansion, Forged Alliance. And it didn’t stop there -- we announced our new action-RPG Space Siege with Sega and even more recently, our new publishing partnership with Aspyr to release Supreme Commander on the Xbox 360 early next year. Whew!

You're probably thinking, these guys know how to keep busy, and that’s a bit of an understatement because we have so many new things in development. I already hinted at another expansion pack for SupCom, and I’m even going to hint at another big secret: We have a new PC game that will be announced very shortly, and it’s unlike anything we've done before. Stay tuned for more information!

All of the news and announcements aside for just a moment … let me take the time to thank each and every one of you for your continued support. We hope you have a terrific holiday, and lots of laughs spent with friends and family. And hey, you can always sneak away for a few minutes to play a little Forged Alliance!
Happy Holidays,

Chris Taylor
CEO
Gas Powered Games

Source: GPG Newsletter
Sounds good huh, least unlike some they keep us informed. However they should stop doing tons of patches, then an expansion and give the game time to develop and settle down with the odd patch. However the unnamed PC game that's "unlike anything we've done before." drew me in, wonder what it could be

System Name COLOSSUS-MK4
Processor E8400 @4.4 GHz - FSB @550 MHZ
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl)
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory 2x1GB Geil BlckDrgn 800 @1158 5-5-5-18
Video Card(s) 8800GT 512MB @740/1782/2080
Storage Hitachi T7K250 250GB & 7200.10 Seagate 250GB
Display(s) Gateway FPD1975W 19" Widescreen
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) Xi-FI Xtreme Audio
Power Supply CoolerMaster IGreen 500W
Software XP Home SP3
Benchmark Scores SuperPi: 10.563 Sciencemark: 2563.14
I must admit though, the patches really have solved a lot of issues for me.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I posted this a few hours before you (See thread titled "Excerp from GPG Newsletter") for the same reason.

I wonder what new game they are working on. GPG usually comes up with pretty good stuff.
I am not sure how Space Seige will play out, but that could be fun too.

I'd prefer them to release new stuff for Supcom/Forged alliance as said instead of making another expansion. So far they only released a hand full of new units.