• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cisco/Linksys Experiences?

What has your experience with Cisco/Linksys support and devices?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Indifferent

• Never owned a Cisco/Linksys device

• Total voters

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I've known that a very large number of people have had issues with the USB AE2500 dual-band MIMO adapter (supports up to 300Mbps on both 2.4 and 5ghz bands,) however there was an issue where the adapter would randomly lose the network connection and throw a device error. Cisco support was less than helpful but I utilized their forums to try to work with other users with the same issue. In the end I found out that the device has moments where it will want to draw over 500mA at 5v off of the USB port, so what would happen is the device would flake out because of insufficient power. So I use their forums to say this is what is happening and I expressed my depreciation of Cisco/Linksys for making me troubleshoot their device and I continued to say how it bothers me that a company can sell a product and not even provide the proper tools to use it or support to even troubleshoot it.

Cisco's response was to ban me from their support forums for 2 days for portraying the company in a negative light. Such a nice company. I have to say, after having an experience like this it makes me seriously question the competency of their support and development staff for residential products. Has anyone else witnessed this from Cisco/Linksys and if so have you ever got their support to be useful in any way, shape, or form?

I want to wrap up my rant/question to everyone by saying, this is the last time I will buy a Linksys/Cisco product and I will urge every user I help out with networking to do the same. Am I the only person who is completely dissatisfied with them?