• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Classless RPG Recomendations

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
Last year I played Path of Exile and it was okay though while I was not wild about the extreme-libertarian trade-only economy (I only soloed) what I really liked was the classless style. I also recently purchased Grim Dawn which is okay though I think they went noticeably out of their way to make the item system as distinct (and thus unfriendly/non-intuitive) from the Diablo series and the item system is (from my ~12+ levels) fairly class oriented instead of play style oriented.

In high school Diablo came out, Diablo 1. There were three classes and instead of huge tweaks taking months to refine classes it was basically warrior, mage and rogue. I played a spell casting warrior and getting spell tombs was better than getting uniques in Diablo II most of the time (oh boy! My fifth Diggler! Why would I want Hell mode Bale to drop anything else!?).

Of the games I do know Skyrim fits the classless system best.

Beyond that I think what would be really cool is having quests build around how you build your character. "I heard if you want to set people on fire the best place to start is at Honest Bob's and procure a few scrolls of Roast a Duck."

While I'd like to see Diablo IV the problem is Blizzard is not the company it once was especially with all the ethical and political issues. I'd like some recommendations for Diablo-like games that are either completely classless or have minimal impact from classes like Diablo 1. Bonus points if I can mod/hack it like Diablo 1, has nice looking graphics, is available DRM-free / GOG and does not require an Internet connection for single player. If I find something nice I would enjoy being able to LAN party with friends without being forced in to a scenario where we could not mod the game. Mods really improve the replayability of games. Picture semi-related.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_032008_060503.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_032008_060503.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 531

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I'd say Fallout 1/2 and New Vegas, but from your post it looks like you're after ARPGs. Dungeon Siege? Not nice graphics though.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I guess you could keep an eye on Wolcen.

It will be relased in ~1 month unless they delay it again,game runs on Cryengine so it looks pretty good for an ARPG.ű

I also second Dungeon Siege 1/2 tho it is indeed an old game so no 'pretty' graphics but the game is fun imo.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Last year I played Path of Exile and it was okay though while I was not wild about the extreme-libertarian trade-only economy (I only soloed) what I really liked was the classless style. I also recently purchased Grim Dawn which is okay though I think they went noticeably out of their way to make the item system as distinct (and thus unfriendly/non-intuitive) from the Diablo series and the item system is (from my ~12+ levels) fairly class oriented instead of play style oriented.

In high school Diablo came out, Diablo 1. There were three classes and instead of huge tweaks taking months to refine classes it was basically warrior, mage and rogue. I played a spell casting warrior and getting spell tombs was better than getting uniques in Diablo II most of the time (oh boy! My fifth Diggler! Why would I want Hell mode Bale to drop anything else!?).

Of the games I do know Skyrim fits the classless system best.

Beyond that I think what would be really cool is having quests build around how you build your character. "I heard if you want to set people on fire the best place to start is at Honest Bob's and procure a few scrolls of Roast a Duck."

While I'd like to see Diablo IV the problem is Blizzard is not the company it once was especially with all the ethical and political issues. I'd like some recommendations for Diablo-like games that are either completely classless or have minimal impact from classes like Diablo 1. Bonus points if I can mod/hack it like Diablo 1, has nice looking graphics, is available DRM-free / GOG and does not require an Internet connection for single player. If I find something nice I would enjoy being able to LAN party with friends without being forced in to a scenario where we could not mod the game. Mods really improve the replayability of games. Picture semi-related.

Din's Legacy (as classless as you can get, literally fits right in your wishlist in every way, if you can see through the clunky its good fun!) - your ENTIRE build is created on the fly with randomly unlocked mutations. You only can access a handful of classes at the start, and you unlock a huge number of additional ones while playing. Then you can freely pick skills from any class to cook up something nice while said skills can also mutate randomly as you gain experience; those you can tweak out, or keep and find synergy with. The game has two major flaws: its 100% RNG, so once you know things, it fails to surprise you and lacks hand crafted coolness. But discovering everything takes a good while. The other flaw is balance. I had little trouble figuring out a killer combo and it was pretty easy to even fine tune that and destroy the game. But, then again, I did have the joy of doing that destroying. Recommended.

Torchlight (2) modded and expanded. There are loads of class mods out there, the game's got a LOT to offer. It is class based though, but if you haven't done this yet, its worth looking at. Def. on the level of Diablo/Grim Dawn in many ways.

You've already played some of the better ones.

If you want something refreshing
Book of Demons
Im not gonna say too much about it. Just get it, and dive into it, and then come to love it.

About Grim Dawn, I get the impression you missed out on what it offers. The game is indeed pretty classless because of how it builds around dual classing. The limitation also does not lie in class per say, but more the choice of skills and the damage types you want to go for. As you get deeper you will notice that the aforementioned class restrictions really aren't restrictions but guides for you to focus a build towards. If you keep finding fire damage with a specific skill, take it as a hint that perhaps you ought to run fire on it. If you keep finding a specific class with certain damage types, the same thing applies: the game points you to it. When you get to top levels, you will find more and more items that even are usable for three or more classes (!) and more and stronger damage conversions that enable you to suddenly turn your all electricity into an all poison or whatever build - and opening up totally new classes to combine with skills.

The distinctness of the system has its purpose, the balance in the game is pretty tight, though you only discover that later, and the scaling is not quite as exponential as it is in Diablo's. That is why they have different ways to scale damage, albeit somewhat more complicated. The level of itemization and options is incredible, not as flexible as Path of Exile but in a very very good place between depth and playability, something PoE has some issues with, it has a much steeper learning curve.

Basically the game aims to keep inspiring you to try out new things. And yes, that means many many rerolls :)

-signed, an ARPG purist ;)

PS. that picture man. Memories! I played a Mage in vanilla WoW/TBC too

Last edited:
System Name LongWhite
Processor AMD Ryzen7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B550M Mortar
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 with assorted fans
Memory 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo
Video Card(s) MSI RTX3070 Ventus 3x
Storage 2x XPG SX8200 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC79G
Case Silverstone ALTA G1M
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC204HD
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse GPX Superlight /Pulsar Xlite
Keyboard GMK67 /Keychron V1
Haven't heard of Din's Legacy, between this and Book of Demons which one do you prefer?

I had BoD in my cart for a while now, just never pulled the trigger.

System Name just ordinary potato system, but dont understimate potato..
Processor ryzen raven ridge 2200g, ryzen 2600 upgrade:)
Motherboard msi b350 pc mate, biostars a320, asrock ab350m micro
Cooling x2 cheap china handmade, i got plenty aigo/fantech rgb fans now heh
Memory klevv dual channel 8gb 3000mhz, trident 16gb 3600mhz, random ddr2 stick
Video Card(s) back to square, using vega 56 now:D
Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Display(s) acer vgo 22inch fullhd 75hz
Case cheap segotep/dazumba mid atx, alcatroz mini atx
Audio Device(s) genius retro wood style, harman kardon stick iii
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Mouse rexus, genius ps/2, powerlogic ps/2 ball tracking
Keyboard rexus, random china product x3
Software talking abt best software, autodesk/unity3d/notepad yes notepad!!
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
dark soul is good, although i never yet finish the game:toast:

System Name MIXED
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 2x16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 GameRock
Storage Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850-B 27" IPS 144Hz + LG CX3 55" OLED 120Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC V2 + Hifiman Sundara
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard X Box Elite2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Grim Dawn is a great game and on top of that you can install Grim Reborn 3.0 (you can find it on Discord) which makes it even more fun.

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard ASRock B350Pro4
Memory 2*4 GB DDR4 Patriot Elite 2666Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage 1TB WD BLUE
Display(s) Philips 223v
Case Zalman S3
Power Supply CoolerMaster MWE 500w
Divinity original sin 1 and 2, you choose a class at the beginning but you can change it up/mix later easily with skills to whatever you want, and its one of the best rpgs that came out in my oppinion. :)

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Haven't heard of Din's Legacy, between this and Book of Demons which one do you prefer?

I had BoD in my cart for a while now, just never pulled the trigger.

Din's Legacy is indie-clunky but total freedom. Difficulty is potentially extremely low, lots of exploits available if you seek them.
Book of Demons is indie-polished but very linear. Difficulty is pretty high. Zero exploitable stuff.

Its like yin and yang :D Neither will last you hundreds of hours. I do think BoD is the better, higher quality game in every way, also mechanically and definitely in terms of balance.

A peek into the last act :) Look familiar?
Also this game has so many easter eggs and funny things, its unreal. Even just entering the last act, the wording of it; you have to click on 'Go To Hell' (because the area is called Hell :)). When you enter the game, intro movie starts with 'Welcome to the archive of Awesome' :p And yes, you meet a flimsy old dude in your town, who opens with 'Stay, and listen for a while'... :pimp: Also, 'Diablo' apparently has a yellow rubber duck he plays with in his sea of fire :D

r2g_launcher_2019_12_10_23_15_59_233.jpg

And here are some Din's Legacy shots
Classes... Note how not all are unlocked, sheer amount of them - though there are a lot of duplicate skills inside.
DinsLegacy_2019_09_16_14_28_44_957.jpg

DinsLegacy_2019_09_13_21_52_55_452.jpg

Last edited:

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
dark soul is good, although i never yet finish the game:toast:
You literally pick a class at the beginning of every Dark Souls game. OP wants classless.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Does The Witcher 1-3 count?

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
You literally pick a class at the beginning of every Dark Souls game. OP wants classless.

It's okay to have a "starter" class so long as any character can use any skill. I agree with the notion that it's more important to be able to quickly choose a style and start playing versus sitting around for two hours tweaking skills before the first swing of an ax or the first mob being set on fire. Diablo I was great because it had those early defined classes but didn't force you to use any particular skills; you could use a bow as a warrior and cast spells...not that I'd recommend that however you had that freedom.

I also like being able to freely appoint attribute points, Diablo III really...it's static and while it has a good chunk of grinding end game content you have to use certain builds with certain items to be able to make any meaningful headway. Another problem: too many Ancient drops from regular mobs and typically garbage from bosses, it's very backwards. Don't get me wrong, Diablo II was too scarce and there are items I never found myself (only found a single Stone of Jordan from a rat's nest in Act II sewers even though they were traded like currency) and forget about the items worth grinding for - hence the hack/mod tools for just straight up creating capable items.

I think games should focus less on "I need better items to be able to kill a single trash mob in less than 20 minutes" to more "if I can find a certain item it'll let me summon skeletor on a strawberry colored pony to drop cup-cake bombs upon my foes once every ten minutes" or something more fun, creative or whatever. Damage should still be variable but not ridiculous.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
It's okay to have a "starter" class so long as any character can use any skill. I agree with the notion that it's more important to be able to quickly choose a style and start playing versus sitting around for two hours tweaking skills before the first swing of an ax or the first mob being set on fire. Diablo I was great because it had those early defined classes but didn't force you to use any particular skills; you could use a bow as a warrior and cast spells...not that I'd recommend that however you had that freedom.

I also like being able to freely appoint attribute points, Diablo III really...it's static and while it has a good chunk of grinding end game content you have to use certain builds with certain items to be able to make any meaningful headway. Another problem: too many Ancient drops from regular mobs and typically garbage from bosses, it's very backwards. Don't get me wrong, Diablo II was too scarce and there are items I never found myself (only found a single Stone of Jordan from a rat's nest in Act II sewers even though they were traded like currency) and forget about the items worth grinding for - hence the hack/mod tools for just straight up creating capable items.

I think games should focus less on "I need better items to be able to kill a single trash mob in less than 20 minutes" to more "if I can find a certain item it'll let me summon skeletor on a strawberry colored pony to drop cup-cake bombs upon my foes once every ten minutes" or something more fun, creative or whatever. Damage should still be variable but not ridiculous.
You ever seen the game Fate?

System Name LongWhite
Processor AMD Ryzen7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B550M Mortar
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 with assorted fans
Memory 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo
Video Card(s) MSI RTX3070 Ventus 3x
Storage 2x XPG SX8200 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC79G
Case Silverstone ALTA G1M
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC204HD
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse GPX Superlight /Pulsar Xlite
Keyboard GMK67 /Keychron V1
Din's Legacy is indie-clunky but total freedom. Difficulty is potentially extremely low, lots of exploits available if you seek them.
Book of Demons is indie-polished but very linear. Difficulty is pretty high. Zero exploitable stuff.

Its like yin and yang :D Neither will last you hundreds of hours. I do think BoD is the better, higher quality game in every way, also mechanically and definitely in terms of balance.

A peek into the last act :) Look familiar?
Also this game has so many easter eggs and funny things, its unreal. Even just entering the last act, the wording of it; you have to click on 'Go To Hell' (because the area is called Hell :)). When you enter the game, intro movie starts with 'Welcome to the archive of Awesome' :p And yes, you meet a flimsy old dude in your town, who opens with 'Stay, and listen for a while'... :pimp: Also, 'Diablo' apparently has a yellow rubber duck he plays with in his sea of fire :D

View attachment 142774

And here are some Din's Legacy shots
Classes... Note how not all are unlocked, sheer amount of them - though there are a lot of duplicate skills inside.
View attachment 142775

View attachment 142776

NIce! Sold me on the Book of Demon, will grab it on discount. Love to play games like these during podcast listening.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

See and thát is the bread and butter of Grim Dawn right there. Build diversity and stacking a plethora of on-hit and triggered skills on top of whatever you swing or shoot. There are (many) examples when the add-ons you link to certain main skills are more powerful than the skill itself. (Not just Devotions, either)

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Final Fantasy XII : Zodiac Age, not really a classless rpg but you can choose whatever jobs you want for your character and build them as you go, there are tons of combinations available. You could change up as you progress through the game.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

NIce! Sold me on the Book of Demon, will grab it on discount. Love to play games like these during podcast listening.

Cool, let us know what you think of it :)

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Dungeon Siege (2002)
Your character class (which is purely a descriptor) is determined based upon what skills you have used so far, its very "organic". Does it better than any other ARPG I've found.

Last edited:
System Name myPC
Processor i5-11600k @ stock
Motherboard Asus TUF Z590 Gaming Plus
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 3060 ti
Storage Boot: WD Black SN770 1TB - Game Storage: WD Black SN770 2TB - Other Storage: 4TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 curved 27" 1440p 144hz
Case Thermaltake v100 perforated
Audio Device(s) Some headphones and some speakers
Power Supply Gigabyte UD750GM
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Redragon K509
Software W11 Pro
Dungeon Siege (2002)
Your character class (which is purely a descriptor) is determined based upon what skills you have used so far, its very "organic". Does it better than any other ARPG I've found.
I also still find the game pleasant to look at, if you aren't zoomed all the way in to see the low poly models, the textures and particle effects still hold up better than other games of it's age imo.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Divinity original sin 1 and 2, you choose a class at the beginning but you can change it up/mix later easily with skills to whatever you want, and its one of the best rpgs that came out in my oppinion. :)

Yes Larian Studio's are one of the very few good company's of today, although they are turn based but surly worth looking in too.

As some one else said The Witcher series.