• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Announces CM Storm Xornet II Gaming Mouse

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Cooler Master, a leading manufacturer of desktop components and peripherals, launched the Xornet II a unique ergonomic design renowned as one of the best claw grip designs (Spawn/Xornet) for FPS and RTS gaming. Designed for total control it is powered by an improved optical sensor, on-the-fly DPI settings, a full 16.8 million color illumination (RGB) scroll wheel supported by easy-to-use software, and Lift Off Distance tuning and calibration. The Xornet II stands out among the competition as a comfortable, accurate and affordable weapon to add to your arsenal.

"The Xornet II fits your hand like a glove. We kept the small, lightweight design of its predecessor that our fans have come to love and packed it full of improved features," said Leo Cheng, Product Manager at Cooler Master. "The Xornet II is built for gamers who choose to battle it out using a claw grip style."

The ergonomic ring finger rest and anti-slip rubber sides for your thumb on the Xornet II results in a claw grip mouse that you can use in total comfort for hours at a time. It uses an Avago 3320 optical sensor which is flawless for control and speed. Prepare for any situation thanks to 3 preset DPI controls (500 - 3500) that can be changed on-the-fly. Go from performing surgery with a shotgun at 500 DPI to lightning fast flick shots at 3500 DPI. Or find the perfect DPI setting to match your play-style by opening up our new easy-to-use software. An RGB LED in the scroll wheel quickly lets you know your current DPI setting. You can also adjust the LOD, change RGB color settings, and program buttons all through the easy-to-use software.

Xornet II comes with a unique feature that allows you to tune the sensor to any surface and change the LOD with or without software. So no matter where you choose to play whether switching mouse pads, playing on different surfaces like wood, cloth, or silicon, Xornet II can always be calibrated and tuned to perfection. Seven programmable buttons including two side thumb buttons are put in a prime useful and practical position. The highest grade Omron switches give you crisp, solid feel, and they are durable enough to last up to five million clicks. The large, rubberized scroll wheel offers notched resistance that is needed for accurately scrolling through weapons in a FPS.

The Xornet II is expected to be available at local retailers in Europe from October 27th, 2015 for a suggested retail price of €29,90.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name I read I watch I listen but I don't game (2013 Sep build)
Processor Intel Core i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Memory Transcend DDR3-1600 16GB
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 660
Storage Transcend TS128GSSD340, Western Digital WD3000FYYZ, Hitachi HDS722020ALA330, Seagate ST2000DM001
Display(s) Eizo EV2455 24.1" 1920x1200
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III
Audio Device(s) Arcam irDAC + Harmon Kardon HK980 + Q Acoustics 3020 / Shure SRH1540 / Aurisonics ASG-1.5
Power Supply Corsair AX750
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure Optical / CM Storm Xornet II
Keyboard Varmilo VA87MR
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
My favourite mouse got an update! :rockout:
I hope they improved the mouse wheel though

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
My favourite mouse got an update! :rockout:
I hope they improved the mouse wheel though

Biggest flaw of their mice imho is the mouse wheel. So far I haven't found any that match Logitech, which is a real shame as there are so many other nice mice out there.

Mouse wheel feels very good :) sensor is snappy, but in quake games it fails because reaches perfect control speed, best works for me claw gripping than finger tipping, gonna test in csgo