• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Nightsabre Wireless

pzogel

Reviewer
Conceived for both FPS and MOBAs and equipped with 11 programmable buttons, the ambidextrous Nightsabre Wireless comes with Corsair's Marksman sensor capable of 26,000 CPI, optical main button switches, as well as both 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth connectivity, for up to 100 hours of battery life.

Show full review

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
I was always wondering - is CPI divergence a sample-to-sample thing or is it endemic to the MCU and sensor implementation on the model and will always be roughly the same?
Anyway, seems like an interesting shape. I THINK it reminds me of some old Thermaltake mouse, but the exact model escapes me at the moment. It DEFINITELY reminds me of a couple of A4Tech/Bloody mice, but there are so much of those that remembering the exact one is impossible. The lack of an extender cable though is laughable, although I suppose any properly in-spec cable can be used, can’t it? Those go for like 5-10 bucks for decent ones, so I guess this further adds to the price.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Lookalikearodent....
smellalikearodent......
workalikerodent........

Guess what, it probably IS a (overpriced) rodent, hehehe :)

y/A/w/N

pzogel

Reviewer
I was always wondering - is CPI divergence a sample-to-sample thing or is it endemic to the MCU and sensor implementation on the model and will always be roughly the same?
Anyway, seems like an interesting shape. I THINK it reminds me of some old Thermaltake mouse, but the exact model escapes me at the moment. It DEFINITELY reminds me of a couple of A4Tech/Bloody mice, but there are so much of those that remembering the exact one is impossible. The lack of an extender cable though is laughable, although I suppose any properly in-spec cable can be used, can’t it? Those go for like 5-10 bucks for decent ones, so I guess this further adds to the price.
Both—there will be variance between samples, the mousing surface will affect it, manufacturing tolerances, and so on. While these factors contitute sample-to-sample variance, there is an additional layer determining the possible deviation range, involving design (most importantly sensor mounting height), firmware, and which increments are supported by the sensor internally. The latter is part of the reason why 3335-based mice tend to have signficant and inconsistent deviation, as the nominal and internal increments do not match.

The issue isn't so much the lack of a cable (which is included, for charging), but the lack of an extender to plug the dongle into. Adding one would cost Corsair less than $1, so why Corsair opts for not including one on a $170 mouse is anyone's guess.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
Another thought just popped into my head. Since we have seen a couple of mice (only Corsair, or have I missed someone else?) by this point that have this type of “fake” 2000Hz wireless that is essentially non-functional, I am a bit surprised that the overall mouse enthusiast community hasn’t had more of a reaction and didn’t yet drag these companies/(company?) through coals for it. To me, it seems like fairly obvious false advertising. They do, after all, explicitly refer to the 2000Hz polling on this as providing “sub 1ms speed” in their marketing materials. Which, just by the nature of how it is implemented, obviously cannot be true.

Corsair and Roccat are largely ignored by enthusiasts - they could care less about false claims because they don't buy those products anyway.

Razer and Logitech and Zowie and Final mouse at the top end.

Pulsar, Lamzu, Vaxee, Pownage, etc close behind.

Reactions: xrM
That's true but Corsair has a decent amount of brand loyalty especially among people that don't keep up with peripherals, so it would be great if borderline scams like this are called out and brought to the attention of the general public.

System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z690 Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling ArcticFreezer 420
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36
Video Card(s) Palit GameRock 3080Ti OC
Storage M.2 Addlink S70 Lite , Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 1TB seagate
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A
Case LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC4080 Codec + Philips SHP9500
Power Supply Seasonic GX-1000
Mouse G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
WTF Corsair is thinking with this price ? do they even bother competing with other brands, you can't go wrong with Razer or Logitech if you choose optical clicks + wireless for the sake of same comparability.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B450M
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x8Gb Gskill TridentZ NEO 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra
Storage M.2 PCI 256Gb + 2Tb HDD
Display(s) Asus 24' 144Hz
Case Cooler Master MB311L
Audio Device(s) DAC/AMP Syba sonic + SHP9500
Power Supply EVGA GQ850
Mouse Razer Viper Mini
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB M.2 Low Profile
WTF Corsair is thinking with this price ? do they even bother competing with other brands, you can't go wrong with Razer or Logitech if you choose optical clicks + wireless for the sake of same comparability.
Corsair being Cor$air... Nothing new under the sun, corsair has always been an absurdly expensive brand. You only have to look at their Fans, WC AIO, etc. Especially their fans that want to sell you a 3 pack of fans for $150 or more.

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
200euro for 98 grams. :kookoo:

Processor Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Lepa NeoIllusion RGB CPU cooler
Memory 2*4GB Patriot G2 Series RAM
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB
Storage Transcend SSD 740 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SA 300 24" Full HD
Case NZXT Phantom 530 + Bitfenix Recon fan controller
Audio Device(s) Creative SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkIII 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Steelseries Apex RAW
Benchmark Scores IT WORKS
200euro for 98 grams. :kookoo:
So what? 13 USD for 67 grams: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Dl5oZgh

You shouldn't pay any extra for lightweight mouse - it doesn't cost more to manufacture it. It is crazy that some companies asks to pay more just because it is trending now.

Lightweight should be personal choice. I am still using G502 with extra weights in the mouse.