• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Scimitar Elite Wireless

pzogel

Reviewer
With the Scimitar Elite Wireless, Corsair finally cuts the cord on their classic MMO mouse. The Scimitar Elite Wireless has no less than 16 programmable buttons, and the 12-button side panel can be moved horizontally for optimum hand comfort. Both 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth are supported, for up to 150 hours of battery life, and optical main button switches guarantee no double-clicking.

Show full review

Space Lynx

Astronaut
As you can see, the mouse simply sends two identical updates in every packet, both in wired and 2.4 GHz mode. Doing so serves no purpose other than faking readings. In actuality, no additional data is submitted, thus rendering the 2000 Hz polling functionally equivalent to 1000 Hz polling. In 2.4 GHz wireless operation (second plot), the Scimitar Elite Wireless fails to do even that, and instead does non-duplicated 1000 Hz for the majority of time.

well we can say goodbye to future review units from Corsair, lol they found someone too smart, they were hoping you wouldn't test that good.

ty mate, glad you are the reviewer for tpu, but I am afraid crickets in your mailbox is the future, unless W1zz starts supplying with funds lol

System Name Back in Black
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-224-XT Black
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3000mhz C15
Video Card(s) Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 TI Advanced Edition
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB / Solidigm P41 Plus 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 32" TV 1080p
Case Montech Air X Black
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W Gold
Mouse Redragon M711 Cobra
Keyboard Corsair K55
Thank you for the detailed review.

If "pricey" or any other variant is present on the cons column, then the "but expensive" tag should be added if the product is highly recommended.

Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 4400Mhz CL19 1T
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Black Pearl Window
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard EVGA Z15 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Very expensive and it doesn't have scroll wheel tilt buttons.
Well, this doesn't look good to me.

It's an ok mouse for casual gaming where accidental button pressing is ok. It's always been an issue with these button sheet mice.

I'd like to see some innovation on the design of these large multi button mice, it's the reason that the Madcatz M.M.O.7 is still so sought after on the used market after all these years. That side scroll wheel and joystick button that's the equivalent of 5 buttons is just to good.

ChipBoundary

It's an ok mouse for casual gaming where accidental button pressing is ok. It's always been an issue with these button sheet mice.

I'd like to see some innovation on the design of these large multi button mice, it's the reason that the Madcatz M.M.O.7 is still so sought after on the used market after all these years. That side scroll wheel and joystick button that's the equivalent of 5 buttons is just to good.

That thing is absolutely horrendous. A joystick? Really? There's a reason that gamepads and controllers are considered vastly inferior to mouse and keyboard. The response time and precision on that thing is awful. I've owned a wired Scimitar for almost 4 years now and have never once accidentally clicked a button on the side, and I don't casually game in the slightest.

If you're accidentally pressing buttons it's because your hand is too tight and you need to learn to relax it. A loose hand is a fast hand.

Very expensive and it doesn't have scroll wheel tilt buttons.
Well, this doesn't look good to me.
Very few mice have that, especially among the expensive ones. Tilting ruins scrolling and clicking precision on the wheel, makes it feel mushy and makes the wheel wear out faster.

System Name 06/2023
Processor R7 7800X3D
Motherboard ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Custom 240mm cooling (for CPU) with noctua nfa12x25 and Phantek T30
Memory 32gb Gskill 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 dual asus deshrouded with 120mm NF-A12x25
Storage 2tb samsung 990 pro + 4tb samsung 870 evo
Display(s) Asus 27" Oled PG27AQDM + Asus 27" IPS PG279QM
Case Ncase M1 v6.1
Audio Device(s) Steelseries arctis pro wireless + Shure SM7b with Steinberg UR
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair scimitar pro (this mouse need an overall guys pls) + Logitech G Pro wireless with powerplay
Keyboard Sharkoon purewriter
Software windows 11
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 !

I never had an accidental side button press on ANY mmo mice.

That thing is absolutely horrendous. A joystick? Really? There's a reason that gamepads and controllers are considered vastly inferior to mouse and keyboard. The response time and precision on that thing is awful. I've owned a wired Scimitar for almost 4 years now and have never once accidentally clicked a button on the side, and I don't casually game in the slightest.
I know the joystick sounds bad but it's just a convenient package of 5 buttons. Press it in like an aim button then up, down, forward & back are also buttons. It's the best design I've ever used in a mouse.

Very few mice have that, especially among the expensive ones. Tilting ruins scrolling and clicking precision on the wheel, makes it feel mushy and makes the wheel wear out faster.
Never seen the wheel wear out and considering Madcats legendary poor build quality that's saying something. It is a bit mushy if you spin it fast it definitely could use modern make over don't forget this is a 15+ year old mouse that's no longer made.

Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 4400Mhz CL19 1T
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Black Pearl Window
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard EVGA Z15 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
I have no idea what you are talking about, I never had those symptoms on any of the mice I used with the tilts.
By the way, binding the autorun and another useful bind on the tilt buttons is clearly something nice. Not being able to do this on this kind of mice, supposedly made for MMO games, is sad.

The Razer Naga Pro is 5€ cheaper in my country but got the 2 wheel tilt buttons.
If you don't mind the mouse not being wireless, the Razer Naga Trinity is often at around 70€ (around 30€ less than this reviewed one and the Naga Pro on Amazon.fr)

On Amazon.com :
_Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB Wireless : $129.99
_Razer Naga Pro : $86.15
(_Razer Naga Trinity : $66.99)

Last edited: