• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cougar Immersa Pro

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Processor Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4,3 GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 STRIX Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 OC Edition
Storage ADATA SX8000 NVMe 512 GB + 5x Kingston HyperX Savage 512 GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Crystal 460X
Audio Device(s) Audiolab M-DAC
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
Software Battlefield 1
The $80 Cougar Immersa Pro is the successor to the well-known and well-liked Immersa, one of the most popular $50 gaming headsets on the market. Even though it looks and feels almost the same, it comes with its own sound card, an RGB lighting system, and bigger speaker drivers that are tuned quite differently than those of the original Immersa.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
As an owner of the immersa - what a damn shame.
For 80$ i would expect a much better mic. Get rid of the stupid RGB lights and put this budget into one!

So for a $35 dollar price hike you get RGB and crappy 7.1 audio. You can almost buy TWO of the regular Immersas for that price.

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Processor Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4,3 GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 STRIX Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 OC Edition
Storage ADATA SX8000 NVMe 512 GB + 5x Kingston HyperX Savage 512 GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Crystal 460X
Audio Device(s) Audiolab M-DAC
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
Software Battlefield 1
So for a $35 dollar price hike you get RGB and crappy 7.1 audio. You can almost buy TWO of the regular Immersas for that price.

You also get a significantly better sound quality across the board:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Cougar/Immersa_Pro/5.html

That alone is worth the extra $35, in my opinion. The "regular" Immersa sounded fun, but this one sounds more accurate, more natural and just better, which makes it more suitable for everything you might want to use it for - gaming and/or music.

As an owner of the immersa - what a damn shame.
For 80$ i would expect a much better mic. Get rid of the stupid RGB lights and put this budget into one!

Agreed, a $80 headset needs a better microphone. Perhaps this one will fare better:

https://cougargaming.com/products/headsets/phontum/

It's their new flagship headset, freshly announced and already on its way to me. It sports a dual chamber audio driver design, like the HyperX Cloud Alpha (most likely not an identical one though). Looking forward to taking it for a spin, and sharing my thoughts, of course :peace:

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Why on earth would anyone want an RGB led in front of their face???

Weird, weird design choice.

You also get a significantly better sound quality across the board:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Cougar/Immersa_Pro/5.html

That alone is worth the extra $35, in my opinion. The "regular" Immersa sounded fun, but this one sounds more accurate, more natural and just better, which makes it more suitable for everything you might want to use it for - gaming and/or music.

Agreed, a $80 headset needs a better microphone. Perhaps this one will fare better:

https://cougargaming.com/products/headsets/phontum/

It's their new flagship headset, freshly announced and already on its way to me. It sports a dual chamber audio driver design, like the HyperX Cloud Alpha (most likely not an identical one though). Looking forward to taking it for a spin, and sharing my thoughts, of course :peace:

That looks pretty nice. Cheap too at 54.99 USD. I'm thinking about getting a Kingston Alpha and Razer Kraken for trying out, those are supposed to be really good as well.

I'd rather keep a pair of very bad headphones and wait patiently until I have the money for a quality combo phones/micro bought separately, something like a Sennheiser HD 579/V-Moda BoomPro, which can be bought for under €200 easily and makes the Cougars of this world crawl back to under the rock of audio Hell.

I'd rather keep a pair of very bad headphones and wait patiently until I have the money for a quality combo phones/micro bought separately, something like a Sennheiser HD 579/V-Moda BoomPro, which can be bought for under €200 easily and makes the Cougars of this world crawl back to under the rock of audio Hell.

LOL. You'd rather spend FOUR TIMES more for something better, makes sense. Not sure how your post is relevant here.