• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Couple of mining related new items. Mining haters rejoice!

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
previous post was deleted, my bad for not adding text to it, just a link.

These 2 articles could and will negatively affect mining, not so much the China/XFX issue but the EU regulation will.

1st China and XFX.

2nd is an EU regulation vote coming next week.

“EU Commission to ban Proof-Of-Work consensus protocols. All participants in the ecosystem from block producers to traders will be impacted by this full EU wide prohibition,” wrote Ian Taylor the chief executive of industry body Crypto UK on LinkedIn.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I See XFX firing the China Branch and probably not continuing business in that area. No wonder some of these gpus wouldnt take stock bios, they have been sticker/heatsink changed...

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I See XFX firing the China Branch and probably not continuing business in that area. No wonder some of these gpus wouldnt take stock bios, they have been sticker/heatsink changed...

Asus is about the only company I trust anymore... if I ever build a next gen rig I think I will pay the Asus premium, it's just worth it in the long term I think.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
This (the EU regulation) coupled with Ethereum going PoS will probably put a big hole in PoW mining, but I doubt it'll ever vanish entirely. Still, a massive reduction is needed, so this is good. It's been way too large a part of the market for way too long.

Crypto however is going nowhere. Make no mistake. Just its impact on consumer GPUs.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
This (the EU regulation) coupled with Ethereum going PoS will probably put a big hole in PoW mining, but I doubt it'll ever vanish entirely. Still, a massive reduction is needed, so this is good. It's been way too large a part of the market for way too long.

Crypto however is going nowhere. Make no mistake. Just its impact on consumer GPUs.

the haves and have nots, and the continuing divisions of our society, and in the background when a great disaster occurs everyone rallies and says we are all in this together in a brief temporary illusion... what an odd species we are indeed.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
what an odd species we are indeed.
I look at it different. I look back to the chimps waging their tribal wars, and think we've advanced a lot less than we pretend.

Why would you say the latter?

Arguably block chain technology isn't going anywhere. Just need to find real world situations where it's a better solution than existing technology.

As for Crypto "currencies", their only use is speculation and illegal transactions including sanctions breaking activity. Plenty of reasons therefore why they could ultimately all go the way of the dinosaur.

The biggest one for me though is that anyone can create one, only adoption provides their "value". The rest is simply technology obfuscated garbage. Anyone with enough twitter followers can therefore start one. It's no different to simply printing a currency with your own face on it at the base level...

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Why would you say the latter?
Because they will be adopted by the various national state governments at some point. The writing seems on the wall there. Mining will die. Crypto will not.

Don't deny that several stablecoins are actively being evaluated for this. They are.

As for Crypto "currencies", their only use is speculation and illegal transactions including sanctions breaking activity. Plenty of reasons therefore why they could ultimately all go the way of the dinosaur.
That's more an arguement why they will never go extinct than an arguement for their extinction, but it's also a small percentage these days that is truly "illegal." Speculation however is rampant. And again this only supports the idea they won't go anywhere, only be regulated into an official form.

It's no different to simply printing a currency with your own face on it at the base level...
It really isn't different at all. But there are some paper currencies operating even in the USA today with redeemable value (in their location) that are basically exactly that, and there have been basically since before the constitution, so it's not really a new idea.

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Because they will be adopted by the various national state governments at some point. The writing seems on the wall there. Mining will die. Crypto will not.
I doubt mining will die, not totally at least. If it truly becomes illegal, there are those that will find a way, or rather, find some likely clueless country to take advantage of.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
I doubt mining will die, not totally at least. If it truly becomes illegal, there are those that will find a way, or rather, find some likely clueless country to take advantage of.
I should clarify by "die" I don't literally mean "die," more a massive reduction.