• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Sound BlasterAxx 200 Axx

Creative's new SoundBlasterAxx series is rapidly expanding. Today, we take a look at the 200 Axx which packs a lot of unique features and great sound quality to boot. Priced at $149, it should be very competitive.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
"When it comes to tweaking the sound to your licking, you get more options with Creative's unit, but several features are somewhat useless and are best disabled if good sound quality is your goal." - Page 4

Do I have to lick the speaker to get what I want out of it? Haha.

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Nice review. I hope TPU continues BT speaker reviews in the future, as I think this market will only continue to blow up. The fact the reviewer has the ability and intuitive nature to make comparisons of both the new products from the big-name brands (like Creative) and their new releases to what most see as the best currently available (the ue boom) shows a lot of credibility in my opinion.

I use a JBL Charge every day and love it (personally more than the Boom that a couple people I know have, but I also work in a very small area so perceived sound quality trumps supreme loudness for me as I don't require more than around 3/4 what the charge gives at very most), but would always be willing to upgrade if a better portable option comes along, especially if it were a speaker with weatherproofing like the ue boom so I didn't need a transport case. It appears this is not it in either regard, more-so just the Creative status-quo of pretty good quality + gimmicky bullshit additions for differentiation through leveraging their sound blaster software at a fair price, but I look forward to more comparisons to these products in the future from what looks to be a reliable source!

Last edited:
I have a question.
Would I be able to use this as a microphone(the 4 built in mics) with a headphone(not headset) connected to it and the device connected to a PC?
The reason I need this specific functionality is because I like gaming with audiophile headphones which do not come with any mic built in. This forces me to use another headset just for the mic resting on my neck. This device would be perfect for me if it can offer this functionality.

You'd probably just be better off getting a dedicated microphone that sits on your desk. Cheaper and would likely have much better recording quality.

You'd probably just be better off getting a dedicated microphone that sits on your desk. Cheaper and would likely have much better recording quality.
Well I also wanted it since I don't have any desktop speakers to start with at the moment. I just have been using my headphones full time. The wireless functionality seems like a plus as well. The quality is not a really big issue and neither is the price since I actually plan on using every feature that thing has.
So again is there any way to confirm that the functionality I need is indeed available?

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Well I also wanted it since I don't have any desktop speakers to start with at the moment. I just have been using my headphones full time. The wireless functionality seems like a plus as well. The quality is not a really big issue and neither is the price since I actually plan on using every feature that thing has.
So again is there any way to confirm that the functionality I need is indeed available?

I don't see why it wouldn't work given this is essentially the same tech as what's in the evo/aurvana headphones. In fact it seems more likely to work for your needs regardless (if headphones plugged into the pc and bluetooth recording enabled) than if you were using the speaker at the same time (which I have heard many people have problems with such bt devices and gaming). Just like when pairing any other bluetooth headset, it will show up as both as separate playback and recording devices. In your case when gaming simply disable playback if there are problems.

If you're talking about doing a line in/out without using bluetooth, I also imagine it would also work, but why would you sacrifice the amp from your pc soundcard (which I'm only assuming you're using because of the audiophile headphones statement)?