• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium driver 2.40.0016 WHQL

Last edited:
can give a very long list....for example, don’t you be confused by the fact that the driver in its package is from a gigabyte motherboard and it’s very old, there are sound artifacts and other problems. I’m still silent about the software harness.
Oh, do tell us more.

Oh, do tell us more.
I'll tell you that on Refresh 8 from Daniel, mode control on the remote unit does not work (Titanium Fatality) and there are no microphone effects. What U Hear does not work if you do not install the Data file from win xp... but if you install it, you will lose WaveRT. The total harmonic distortion (THD) is off the charts. And that's not the majority of the problems with this driver. This is enough for me to never install it. But this is my personal opinion... maybe this will suit someone.

I'll tell you that on Refresh 8 from Daniel, mode control on the remote unit does not work (Titanium Fatality) and there are no microphone effects. What U Hear does not work if you do not install the Data file from win xp... but if you install it, you will lose WaveRT. The total harmonic distortion (THD) is off the charts. And that's not the majority of the problems with this driver. This is enough for me to never install it. But this is my personal opinion... maybe this will suit someone.
Then why are you the first person telling anyone about this?

I'm surprised that this is the first time you've heard such feedback. You can find a lot of similar reviews on the Internet. I just understand the specifics of how audio drivers work.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider

He is right on most parts about THD problems. I fought those also, there are also random issues on each boot, despite switching the fast boot off, you don't get flat frequency response curves when you actually loopback measure it.

All my titaniums are dead. Only maybe the Auzentech Forte is somewhere. I just speak from memories. Either way X-FI are meant to be used with XP and everything code wise written later just crippled them and that's their pond for legacy games these days anyways.

He is right on most parts about THD problems. I fought those also, there are also random issues on each boot, despite switching the fast boot off, you don't get flat frequency response curves when you actually loopback measure it.
A good driver with normal THD performance is the old version 2.17.0008. Of course, I made this version of the driver work on win 10\11. Everything works great. This is perhaps the best solution for titanium series cards. The 2010 audio driver has the same warm and clear sound as before, a clear difference compared to the 2019 driver.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2023-11-15 205114 (2).png
    Снимок экрана 2023-11-15 205114 (2).png
    223.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
These problems were not issues for the XFI Pack5. I wonder what changed for pack8r3?
As I wrote above, refresh 8_v3 contains a driver from the Gigabyte G1 Assasin motherboard. And it is intended only for DSP CA20k2 without taking into account the harness and DAC. But a discrete card has its own special features. Therefore, that driver does not work correctly.

The driver pack v5 uses the official driver from the official website from 2019.
I also want to note that all drivers numbered 2.40.xxxx have problems with THD and their sound is compressed and not natural.
You can compare the sound of the driver yourself. For successful installation, you must disable driver digital signature verification and driver auto-update via Microsoft Update. This driver version is adapted to work on Win10\11 and all functions are fully working.

Last edited:
System Name DAOW
Processor Phenom II 940
Motherboard M3N-HT Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Ninja Rev B, Scythe case fans
Memory GeiL 8GB
Video Card(s) 9800GTX+
Storage Seagate 7000.12
Display(s) Dell P1130
Case Xion II
Audio Device(s) X-fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply Modu82+ 625W
If you want to solve this problem, you need to jump forward to 21H2(19044). The problems with audio devices were solved in that version.
Right, of course. Break one major thing, fix another. Typical Microsoft updates.

1703 broke Gsync (sort of).
1709 broke SysListView32 UI. This was a literal 5 minute rollback. Here's 2 videos: Vid 1 Vid 2
1803 broke game performance.
1809 broke people's files (and changed the explorer UI).
Then my bootloader broke from updating/rolling back multiple times. This is where I stopped updating permanently until 2023.

Anything above 2004 has a breaking change in daily workflow for me, so I've been EXTREMELY reluctant to update (plus it adds other useless bloat and further restricts users from disabling certain things). However, Winaero Tweaker added a custom request for me about it (though it's more workaround than seamless change), so I guess when I find the time and willpower I'll try to update.. possibly to the latest. Maybe MPO will actually work properly then. Will test usability first on my dual boot.

As for Windows 11, the UI changes are out of the question for me (autism issues). 10's Metro crap is tolerable enough because many things are still in the classic UI (though, every single update deprecated or changed something), but 11 is an entirely different beast, and I have no care to research any mods for it and fight Microsoft tooth and nail. Rather learn Linux.

Do wish I could have the native flip model though. But we've got SpecialK for that.

Anyway, thanks for the information; would explain why it's working for 'normal' people.
Seriously? Are you afraid of installing Windows?
Dread it. A new OS install is the worst experience of using a PC when you're someone like me.

I've tweaked many many things in my OS over the years. I don't have a written list of everything I've done, so I've forgotten a number of things. The oldest entry in my install list is from 2012 (fresh Win7 install date IIRC). I have things setup going back nearly 2 decades including symlinks to various locations to different drives. I've had a particular setup since Vista RTM. It's an extreme amount of work to get a fresh OS anywhere near the level of my current one. Honestly the only reason I updated to 10 was because I got a Ryzen CPU and there were no USB drivers in 7 so the OS was unusable. (I'm aware there's a way to get them into it now, but that ship has sailed)

So, I opted to just dual boot a fresh new install for testing and games targeting 1809+ (was 2004, the latest, back when daily driving 1703), and there's still multiple things I haven't gotten working like my old install after 2 years and have absolutely no idea how to.

Plus again, the reason for a potential reinstall was because of Microsoft being anti-consumer and blocking rollback after 10 days. That's completely unacceptable; both the limited time to discover issues (and potential fixes), and just blocking it in the first place.

driver stuff
Interesting.. gonna test this out before updating just in case.

Right, of course. Break one major thing, fix another. Typical Microsoft updates.
Couldn't agree with you more!

Dread it. A new OS install is the worst experience of using a PC when you're someone like me.
Ok, fair enough. Maybe find a geek like me who has no fear of installs, can help you backup all your programs and files properly and will make it as seamless for you as possible.

You can compare the sound of the driver yourself. For successful installation, you must disable driver digital signature verification and driver auto-update via Microsoft Update. This driver version is adapted to work on Win10\11 and all functions are fully working.

Not an option, too many things rely on a clean boot without test signing enabled.

As for Windows 11, the UI changes are out of the question for me (autism issues). 10's Metro crap is tolerable enough because many things are still in the classic UI (though, every single update deprecated or changed something), but 11 is an entirely different beast, and I have no care to research any mods for it and fight Microsoft tooth and nail. Rather learn Linux.

Windows 11 is the best thing you can do to get off the unstable windows 10 base code, then use shell tweakers to get it back to your own preferred working appearance.

too many fundamental problems with 10 on drivers now and going forwards.

Last edited:

fordrwd4ever

As I wrote above, refresh 8_v3 contains a driver from the Gigabyte G1 Assasin motherboard. And it is intended only for DSP CA20k2 without taking into account the harness and DAC. But a discrete card has its own special features. Therefore, that driver does not work correctly.

The driver pack v5 uses the official driver from the official website from 2019.
I also want to note that all drivers numbered 2.40.xxxx have problems with THD and their sound is compressed and not natural.
Can you reupload the patched driver?
The link you posted doesn't work anymore

Thanks for the info Antes533. I recently, switched my mainboard which has an ALC8xx, basically its trash. So i fired my old x-fi up with daniel's v8 driver. I noticed that Sub and Center aren't working, so i checked my OP AMPs (modded card) and checked the tracing to the cirrus chip, all seems fine. Uninstalled all drivers and tested it with basic MS drives, Sub is working now but center still isn't. Will test it later today with the older drivers.

Attachments

• 5b96153f-3b13-4e0e-a11f-2ea15a3c3f74.jpg
    5b96153f-3b13-4e0e-a11f-2ea15a3c3f74.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 55
System Name DAOW
Processor Phenom II 940
Memory GeiL 8GB
Video Card(s) 9800GTX+
Storage Seagate 7000.12
Display(s) Dell P1130
Case Xion II
Can you reupload the patched driver?
The link you posted doesn't work anymore
Mirrored: https://drive.google.com/file/d/182rglKcRDxfgvUbHpPtE--eu05Gqu8nW/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Found it. Don't know what the changes were in them, but I can say after testing that it didn't fix my "What U Hear" issue on Win10 v2004 like I was hoping. In fact, it completely removes the device from even appearing. Unknown if audio crackling issues remain.

Still can't stomach updating Windows to get the recorder thing resolved..

Last edited:
System Name DAOW
Processor Phenom II 940
Memory GeiL 8GB
Video Card(s) 9800GTX+
Storage Seagate 7000.12
Display(s) Dell P1130
Case Xion II
If you want to solve this problem, you need to jump forward to 21H2(19044). The problems with audio devices were solved in that version.
Okay, finally updated my dual boot OS to test.

audacity_2024-03-14_08-47-44.png

It did not work.

Either something changed in the last couple years, or something else is wrong.

Okay, finally updated my dual boot OS to test.

View attachment 338994

It did not work.

Either something changed in the last couple years, or something else is wrong.
Select MME or Windows DirectSound audio output method.
P.s... Sound card X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion\Win11 23H2. What U Hear works great for me.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2024-03-17 001302.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-03-17 001302.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Снимок экрана 2024-03-17 002422.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-03-17 002422.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
System Name DAOW
Processor Phenom II 940
Memory GeiL 8GB
Video Card(s) 9800GTX+
Storage Seagate 7000.12
Display(s) Dell P1130
Case Xion II
Select MME or Windows DirectSound audio output method.
Tested before posting sadly; no method of audio capture worked. Applies to every program I've tried too, even just Windows' own control panel.

Maybe I have to go even further in Windows versions, or maybe even Windows 11 (never).. or maybe the base model Titanium just isn't supported well like the HD or Fatality models.

All I know is v1909 was the last time it worked.

Tested before posting sadly; no method of audio capture worked. Applies to every program I've tried too, even just Windows' own control panel.

Maybe I have to go even further in Windows versions, or maybe even Windows 11 (never).. or maybe the base model Titanium just isn't supported well like the HD or Fatality models.

All I know is v1909 was the last time it worked.
Try this driver package https://www.mediafire.com/file/3kgozb75ne0oip8/XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019_Mod_Pack.7z/file