• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cross platform gameplay

System Name Commercial towing vehicle "Nostromo"
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Unify
Cooling EK-AIO 360
Memory 32 GB Fury 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) 4070 Ti Eagle
Storage SN850 NVMe 1TB + Renegade NVMe 2TB + 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) 25" Legion Y25g-30
Case Lian Li LanCool 216 v2
Audio Device(s) Razer Blackshark v2 Hyperspeed
Power Supply HX1500i
Mouse Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard Scope II 96 Wireless
Software Windows 11 23H2
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Bwahahahahaaa yeah right Bethesda.

Preaching to the choir, is what they call this. Meanwhile, behind closed doors, its just hard cash that counts. And Sony has a lot more at stake here than Bethesda. This is the same company that wants to monetize modding and fails to rid its own product portfolio of bugs. The company that limits a Fallout 76 to its own store exclusively. 'For the gamers!"

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

Preaching to the choir, is what they call this. Meanwhile, behind closed doors, its just hard cash that counts. And Sony has a lot more at stake here than Bethesda. This is the same company that wants to monetize modding and fails to rid its own product portfolio of bugs. The company that limits a Fallout 76 to its own store exclusively. 'For the gamers!"

Bugs are a feature in Bethsoft games.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Bugs are a feature in Bethsoft games.

Not really though, they are artifacts of an outdated engine and the community sucks it up because they know Bethesda will monetize anything that is radically new on the engine front. Its a status quo and its a nice cheap excuse for Bethesda to keep rehashing the same junk.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
The death of owning your games is nearing. They will put it under the guise of "cross platform play" and "play on any system you want". That is exactly what Microsoft and other big companies want. Any platform, any hardware. They will smoothly roll this into subscriptions. Games will also cater to the lowest common denominator. Effort will have to be put into most AAA games to have some phone functionality. This will hurt PC gamers who like traditional PC games the most. If you think modding looks bad now, imagine what it will look like 5-6 years in the future. It will probably be flat out dead in 10 years.

I also understand Sony's concern. They put a lot of effort into making a strong platform. Good research, design choices that resonated with gamers, and a lot of marketing. This sold their platform. One of the advantages of doing the above so well is that you have a big player base. Microsoft screwed up with the One in terms of marketing, lower end hardware, and not many good exclusives. For Sony to allow for cross platform play with Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot. Why perform well and then give away your advantage to the looser?

Microsoft wants this because the One is a poor seller compared to the 360 in terms of market share, and because they are positioning themselves as a service company via the cloud. Game subscriptions and playing them anywhere is their end goal. They want to make more money and you won't be able to own games.

But muh cross platform. Have to play on games designed around the lowest common denominator. Yay I want to play a PC game with people on an iphone. /S.

Edit: I will say cross platform would be fine for certain games. The game in the OP is a good example. Some other more simplistic games like the Sonic racing games are fine to. The problem is game developers / publishers are incapable of separating a game like that from Battlefield. The current lead designer of Battlefield is too stupid to realize Battlefield should be different from a cartoon game such as Fortnite as an example. Call me skeptical, but most developers are too lazy to selectively decide what games are okay for cross play and which are not.

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro

Monetizing modding is hardly the point of Creation Club. It's more like smaller DLCs in many games, but giving it to fan creators to share in it. And barely anyone signs up for it anyways (due to scaremongering like yours and fear of being blacklisted lol).

I still can't wrap my head around how anyone loses their shit over a game launcher though. I can explain the Creation Club, but this one stumps me.

I also don't see why there's so much hate for a company that largely dedicates itself to long, single player experiences.. which is dying everywhere. This is the saddest thing to me.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Bethesda and people that are sucking their d*cks needs a reality check, Sony aren't going to be majorly concerned about missing out one major multi-platform title..Sony itself is built similar to Nintendo, exclusives among exclusives which can easily out perform multi-platform games in sales.
I do see the plus side of cross-platform for few games, however majority of people social circle with games, 7/10 times their social circle will all be on the same platform and others will follow that formula which in essence provide near equal amount of people playing the same game.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Monetizing modding is hardly the point of Creation Club. It's more like smaller DLCs in many games, but giving it to fan creators to share in it. And barely anyone signs up for it anyways (due to scaremongering like yours and fear of being blacklisted lol).

I still can't wrap my head around how anyone loses their shit over a game launcher though. I can explain the Creation Club, but this one stumps me.

I also don't see why there's so much hate for a company that largely dedicates itself to long, single player experiences.. which is dying everywhere. This is the saddest thing to me.

Bethesda is overinflated due to a duo of franchises that they have basically made identical and only different in setting. The real value of those franchises however is not instilled in each vanilla release but in what modders can do with it. The vanilla release not only has tons of bugs that should not exist in this day and age - it also suffers from really bad audio and visual design. From the gunplay to the swordplay, from simple movement to literally everything else you can do in the game: any idiot using Unity or Source can do it better and provide a smoother experience. Oh and let's not speak of in-game balance; it simply doesn't exist. RPG elements and progression? You get some silly, oversimplified 'pick a perk' game that reminds of CoD and loot-wise there really is no itemization besides cosmetic. I mean... come on. I remember Morrowind...and Oblivion. They did a better job at simulating progression. And the kicker is, there are dozens of huge mods that completely overhaul the whole progression and combat system. I wonder why.

Let's face it: Skyrim's vanilla campaign is horrible. Fallout 4's campaign is even worse. As time passes by, the stories get more and more ridiculous and old, its the same shit repackaged over and over again. Bethesda has had more than 10 years to develop something fantastic and here we are, looking at the same stuff. Still. Oh yeah, here, take a Skyrim Legendary Edition. Dedicated to long single player experiences... lmao. More like dedicated to milking just two of them unto infinity. You need to look around: there just so happen to be other devs that do the same - and do it a whole lot better.

And that is really all they have brought us in 'single player' experiences. Its not much, really, is it. How long should they be allowed to drift along on their ancient successes? Its the modding community that keeps Bethesda afloat - and they want to monetize that. Easy money guaranteed. They can go full Ubisoft and flip the Skyrim campaign map upside down, slap some trees in it and sell it as a new TES. Millions will once again buy into the same old engine with the same clunky gameplay and mod it like no tomorrow. And people like you will sing their praise, in full support of complete stagnation in open world franchises.

Oh but wait, there IS progress! You can now buy their new Fallout 76, which is primarily online-based (so much for 'single player focused', I guess?) ONLY through their own store at the maximum price.

Maybe you get it now.

Last edited: