• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS] Custom Made TEC Liquid Chiller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heatware
13 0 0
Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71276
eBay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=zbtbabyfactory&ftab=AllFeedback

Hey guys, I built this recently but since my daughter has been born I have no time to play with it at all. The metal is aluminum (you will need to get some antifreeze with this because it can probably get really cold so get some anti-corrosive kind for mixing metals, i have some and will include it for free if you like) , it can fit 5 40mm x 40mm TECs. The TECs that I am including are TEC1-12709s. They are 120w max (15.4v and 8A). I am also including an extra TEC1-12709 TEC too. The block and the TECs are included only, nothing else in the pictures is. It is 2 1/2" thick assembled, 3 1/2" wide, and 9 1/2" long. The aluminum is 1/4" thick, but 1/8" thick in the channels.

Also, there are some pics below that show me testing the device. The cold side loop was hooked up to my i5 760 @ 4.0Ghz and my HD 5850 @ 950Mhz core. The TECs were only set to 20w each. This is only about 17% of its actual power. It can go much colder. I just haven't had any time to play with it more. I am asking $120 shipped. Please ask any questions you may have.

IDLE:

After 30 minutes of gaming:

System Name Reebok
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @4.2GHz DO Stepping
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-EXTREME
Cooling EK-Supreme HF High Flow CPU WB+2 X EK-FC9800 GTX GPU WBS+Gigabyte NB WB+XSPC 120QuadRadw SanAce fans
Memory 3 X 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-PC3 1600 CL8 Kit w Corsair Airflow Fan
Video Card(s) XFX Geforce 9800 GTX Black Edition + Point of View 9800 GTX Overclocked Edition+ XFX 9800GT
Storage 1TB Seagate SATAII + Seagate 600 GB SATA II
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2220WM
Case Coolermaster Stacker 830 Nvidia Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
Power Supply Corsair HX850W PSU
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Fiezy,

Could you please post the screenie while doing a stress test on the CPU...OCCT or prime95.. and also list the system specs, OC info?

Could you also post some pics of how the TEC is connected to its power supply?

Last edited:
Heatware
13 0 0
Fiezy,

Could you please post the screenie while doing a stress test on the CPU...OCCT or prime95.. and also list the system specs, OC info?

Could you also post some pics of how the TEC is connected to its power supply?

I don't have the unit connected to my system anymore. I had the TECs connected to a separate 600w power supply (like a meanwell PSU) in parallel. I connected them to my PSU using banana clips.

System specs at time of screenshots: i5 760 @ 4.0Ghz, 4GB of DDR3 @ 1910Mhz, HD 4850 @ 950Mhz core.

So, a decent amount of heat was being poured into the loop and the chiller was keeping it at bay running only at 17% of its capabilities.

Last edited:
Heatware
13 0 0
bump...

Also, this unit doesn't hook up to a standard PSU, it would hook up to one like a meanwell. It may be able to be hooked up to a standard PC PSU, but it would have to have it's own dedicated PSU as it will pull a max of 700w of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.