• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell ati 9000 mobility m9 0 bytes atiflash & flashrom results?

codestrom

Hej..

My first post and if I could get some help that would be most appreciated..

I'm normally a Linux guy, but I decided to take my 2nd testing laptop HD and install windows so I could do some benchmarking.. I successfully OC my Ati 9000 mobility quite a bit.. At that point I wanted to make it available in linux. Only way to do this is by flashing the bios.. I don't have a floppy drive as it's a Dell 5150 so I had to go buy an exteranl USB memory stick.. Got the HP bootable usb formatter.. Downloaded the Win98 boot disk files to us.. Moved atiflash andn flashrom folders onto USB disk.. rebooted and everything looks okej. atiflash says I have an ati card and all looks well.

**** To the point ****

I've tried
#1 atitool
#2 atiflash
#3 flashrom

All the tools say that I get 0 bytes when I try to backup / dump my old bios.. I'm not quite daring enough to just pick one of those .rom files modify it and upload to my lap top.

What makes me think there is something weird going on.. I open debug and that is showing some data, but I'm not really savvy enough to pull it out and make it into a readable .rom file for the ati bios editor.

System :
Dell 5150 bios A38
Windows 2003 Server
ati 9000 m9 mobility 64MB

**** noise ****
Off subject, but Aquamark max score of 11, 690.. *If other Dell 5150 nvidia users want to compare.. I was thinking of buying that card simple because nVidia has better Linux drivers..

Can someone please assist me in dumping and retreiving my current ati bios.