• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Design a Colorful SSD contest

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Call me jaded, but a USB from China seems bound to have some malware on it, hidden or otherwise.
You just keep buying those USB drives made in Murika. :roll:

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
Just to follow up on this, today I took delivery of the drive and flash drive from Colorful Technology. First of all, they've immensely impressed me with their correspondence, I think we have all shared an experience with a manufacturer or supplier based in China that has led to confusing conversations and misunderstandings, the social media representitive that got in touch with me was clear and pleasant and made an effort to be pleasant, which lets be honest, these days is a nice touch considering how you can often get funneled through customer service reps. Furthermore, this was shipped from Shenzen, they covered the cost of express shipping to Northern Ireland with DHL and checked back with me (without prompt) to see if it had arrived safely.
View attachment 105681

These aren't the best SSDs on the market but for size/price I would be quite happy had I actually bought the drive. I wasn't so keen on the blue colour but now that I've seen it in the light of day it actually looks pretty cool!

The flash drive came very nicely presented in their little plastic case, little things like that please me :laugh:
View attachment 105682So after a pleasant encounter I would now be inclined to consider Colorful for other products in the future, knowing that I can deal with their customer service reps quite easily, despite being based in China.

Thanks again @moabiouz for sharing this in the first place!

I tried finding these Fall designs, your SSD and flash drive are Summer, to no luck. Do you have any idea when they are being released?