• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DLink router problem

xdaxxchampxx

Processor 3700+ sandiego
Motherboard asus A8N-E
Cooling Artic cooling - Freezer 64 pro
Memory ddr400 ocz 2x1gb at 2-3-2-5
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800GTS 640mb
Storage maxtor 250gb PATA drive with 16mb cache
Display(s) samsung 17inch crt monitor
Case aspire X-Superalien case with 6 blue led fans
Audio Device(s) soundblaster x-fi xtreme music
Power Supply antec Truepowa Trio 650W
Software win xp home sp2
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a strange problem Im having with my DGL 4300 gamerslounge router. When i first got it it was firmware 1.4 and i got the latest 1.6 right away. I used the wizard to set up the internet access and and wireless connections. All seems to work well for a random period of time from about a week to maybe 3 weeks and then all the sudden it locks all the computers out of the internet but i can still access the other computers on the home network. After having to reset the router like 10 times i got fed up and called tech support and they helped me set up a static ip and dns on the computer witch seemed to work. I did some experimenting and found out i didnt need the static IP but only the DNS would make it work, So i have come to the conclusion that the router for some reason stops giving out a working DNS. So i went into the router options under WAN and i set it to give out dns 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 and it works fine now. Just wondering if anyone could tell me why this is the case and if its a router problem how i can fix it. I also bought a new DLink cable modem hoping that would fix the problem but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated :toast:

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
I used to have that problem. I noticed that my IP address changed every time my router rebooted, so that made setting up DynDNS really hard. I reinstalled firmware, and now I have one solid IP address for between 1 and 3 weeks, but then it locks up until I reboot the router. The internet is a mystery :laugh:.

System Name Sample light
Processor AMD Phenom II 965
Motherboard MSI DKA790GX
Cooling Zalman 9500LED
Memory 2x 2GB G-skill PC8500
Video Card(s) Asus built AMD/ATI HD4850
Storage 500GB Wesern Digital green
Display(s) too ashamed to tell, but its an acer
Case Lian Li V2000
Audio Device(s) Echo Audiofire 2
Power Supply Corsair VX550
Software Windows XP pro SP3