• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Do I need ThrottleStop to be open in the background for the Speed Shift EPP setting to apply?

Slooquie

Hello, I have a question about ThrottleStop. I'm wondering if I need to keep it open in the background for the Speed Shift EPP setting to apply. I know it needs to be open for undervolt settings, but I'm not sure about Speed Shift EPP. Thank you for your help!

Solution
If Windows or any software running on your computer changes the Speed Shift EPP value and ThrottleStop is not running, ThrottleStop cannot fix the problem. It is impossible for me or anyone to know what software is running on your computer that might have access to the Speed Shift EPP value.

ThrottleStop is a very light weight app, both memory and CPU load. It is best to leave ThrottleStop running in the background, minimized to the system tray, so it can do what it can to maximize performance.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
If Windows or any software running on your computer changes the Speed Shift EPP value and ThrottleStop is not running, ThrottleStop cannot fix the problem. It is impossible for me or anyone to know what software is running on your computer that might have access to the Speed Shift EPP value.

ThrottleStop is a very light weight app, both memory and CPU load. It is best to leave ThrottleStop running in the background, minimized to the system tray, so it can do what it can to maximize performance.

Solution