• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DOOM ( Does anyone feel headache or nausea when playing? )

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
System Name HP Pavilion a6552f
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
Motherboard Asus IPIBL-LB / HP Benicia-GL8E
Cooling DeepCool Gammaxx 200
Memory 8gigs Kingston 4x2gigs DDR2-800
Video Card(s) Zotac GT630 "Fermi" 2gb DDR3 128bits Synergy Edition
Storage Western Digital Green 7200rpm 1tb
Display(s) LG Flatron EW234 Super LED
Case HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 430w
Mouse Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition Blue LED
Keyboard Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Commander Red LED Backlighting Mechanical Keycaps Membrane Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits
Could also be too much gaming excitement. All blood rush to your dick leaving almost none for your head. :p

glassman357

System Name My attempt at a dedicated gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling Wraith Prism LED Cooler
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR
Video Card(s) ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG Strix OC Edition VR Ready
Storage M.2_1 - ADATA SX8200 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD,Samsung-860 EVO 500GB,SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND
Display(s) Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor,
Case CORSAIR GRAPHITE 760T Full-Tower Case, Window, Hinged Side Panels
Audio Device(s) Logitech - Z625 2.1 Speaker System
Power Supply CORSAIR RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply
Mouse CORSAIR DARK CORE Wireless 9 Button Optical, RGB Lighting, GIGABYTE AORUS RGB Mouse pad
Keyboard Logitech - G613 Wireless Gaming Mechanical Romer-G Switch Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores Need to get updates scores after replacing 16gb ram to 32gb.
Hello folks,
Please forgive me, I am not insinuating anything negative or rude. I just have a comment on this topic as it pretty much ended my FPS gaming about 10 plus years ago. I am actually just attempting to start up gaming again myself. Just built my 3rd rig in the past 4 months and am having a heck of a time just getting Wolfenstein II to play for more than 10 minutes without dropping off and returning me back to my desktop. I believe it to be something within the Steam server. I am not accustomed to playing games from a server or with one running in the back-round. I was strictly a single-person gamer back in the day and now it's all different.

This is my 1st posting here at this forum and I have been reading for a few hours this afternoon, enjoying every minute!

My comment to this thread is that,this exact thing happened to me back in 06-07 sometime while I was getting started with one of the Ghost recon or Call of duty titles. I became nauseous and developed to a headache that took hour or so to clear. I feel that for me it was just me getting of an age that my mind, and body could just not handle it anymore. My solution eventually was to start playing role playing games and getting away from fps.It most certainly worked. The Ghost recon series were easier to tolerate of course, but eventually I just took my gaming obsession and set it aside for other obsessions that had nothing to do with PC's . I'm truly hoping that maybe it was a technical thing that with today's modern, or I should say more modern technology can be overcome. Otherwise I don't know what i will do with rig i just built, a little much for surfing the net. Especially since I have another rig behind me that I primarily use for that. Oh well, you can't take it with you!

I am determined to start having some fun again with the PC. I retired just over a year ago and have been having the time of my life. But now I am loving the hands on building of PC's and trying to catch up with more modern technology. Whew, It is sometimes overwhelming. So here I am in the forums settling down, reading and posting once in a while when I think I may be of some assistance.

I think I will go work on my profile. That is if they still have those anymore.........

20190227_171130.jpg