• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dragon's Dogma 2

System Name White Shark
Processor 5600x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12A Chromax
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 12gb Asus TUF OC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB OS / 860 EVO 500 GB /860 EVO 1TB/ Seagate 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B 3440x1440p 144hz nano-ips ultrawide
Case Phanteks P500A (White/Black)
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX focus gold 80plus
Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Haste
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins Core - Tenkeyless
Software W10
We get it, your against MTX. Everyone is. But it doesnt make sense to make the MTX such a big deal with DD2. It literally is pointless to buy. Why are you making a big deal out of it when every item is obtainable in game very easily? Do you even own the game or are you just bashing it because its the cool thing to do?

The game itself is excellent. They have massively improved the exploration and map from DD1. The combat is also improved in my opinion. I have about 40 hours in it and I think I am getting close to the end, so its on the shorter side, but still very good.
Let me put it simple, cuz maybe you didn't read the full posts from other people and the reasons or the main reason.

Its a RPG, Solo Campaign that you pay $70 and for
******* restarting the game******
--- HOW MANY FREAKING TIMES YOU WANT !!!!!! cuz you payed for it!!!!
-------- you need to pay again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idc bout MTX if you can get the stuff in game but the point of pointing it out the flaws something has is not hate but a constructive
way to make something better.
Me personally was waiting for DD2, and will vote with my wallet and like i said is my personal decision. Everyone else can do as they please
There IS a problem and still a problem, i love Monster Hunter World and i wont like that this crap move that Capcom made becomes the norm.
you have your point like everyone else has it too, this is an open discussion.

Low quality post by jormungand
System Name White Shark
Processor 5600x
Software W10

:roll: oh looks like you felt offended by something i said, you could have help people to understand better why "you dont have to pay" to restart the game giving "based knowledge" proof or any other data, instead you proceed to insult. I expected more more info coming from you.... cmon call us idiots again :D

Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 4400Mhz CL19 1T
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Black Pearl Window
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard EVGA Z15 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Let me put it simple, cuz maybe you didn't read the full posts from other people and the reasons or the main reason.

Its a RPG, Solo Campaign that you pay $70 and for
******* restarting the game******
--- HOW MANY FREAKING TIMES YOU WANT !!!!!! cuz you payed for it!!!!
-------- you need to pay again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idc bout MTX if you can get the stuff in game but the point of pointing it out the flaws something has is not hate but a constructive
way to make something better.
Me personally was waiting for DD2, and will vote with my wallet and like i said is my personal decision. Everyone else can do as they please
There IS a problem and still a problem, i love Monster Hunter World and i wont like that this crap move that Capcom made becomes the norm.
you have your point like everyone else has it too, this is an open discussion.
I am interested by this game, I played some hours of Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and when I checked this new game on Twitch I was like "Wait, is it a new game or a remake ?"

From what I've read, you can play on 8 (!!!) different devices per day, before Denuvo prevents you to play on another device. Of course you can restart any game/save you want without paying, nothing can stop you if you want to delete your savegame, just disable steam cloud or any platform's cloud where saves are.
For DD2 : <Steam-folder>\userdata\<user-id>\2054970\remote\ (source)

The Monster Hunter games have tons of cosmetic items and OST for sale as DLCs, a lot of free ones too.
This game have items you can have ingame, the DLCs seem to be for people who don't have hours to play and want a quick boost/help. Every Devil May Cry games have those kind of DLCs, it never chocked nobody but now it's a thing ? It's a classical Capcom way of earning more money, it's clearly not new.

If you want, you can just install Cheat Engine and duckduckgo or google Fearless, download a cheat table and do whatever you want, add things, tweak things, do your own cheat table. It's a solo game, you can hardly destroy others' experience by doing this.

Yesterday I saw a funny comment (the blue one) when I was checking the discussions about the last Horizon Forbidden West patch, so I share :
2024-03-29 15_48_07-Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition 1.0.43.0 Release Notes __ Horizon ...jpg

I guess the review bombing was just because the game is not polished/bugfree.
I will just wait for it to be polished before buying it.
I still have the 1rst one to finish.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'll point out that I agree with all the complaints about this game. I may have refunded it too if I had not gone over the 2-hour mark. That said, I dig this game. It is loads of fun and everything I wanted in DD2. DD1 was great as well but DD2 steps it up a notch.

I have not experienced any of this stuttering I keep hearing about and the game runs well enough @ 4k, all settings on and maxed out. The FPS swings from 50 to 100+ but considering I'm on AMD and using RT, I get it.

Hopefully, they fix all the issues and get this game in a state that makes everyone happy.

System Name Gaming rig
Processor Intel i7 7700K at 4.4GHZ
Motherboard Asrock Z270M-ITX/AC
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory Crappy 16GB memory
Video Card(s) Zotac 3060ti undervolted at .850mv
Storage WD m2 Sata SSD + WD 10TB HD
Display(s) 27 inch LG 1440p 144hz + 27 inch Lenovo Thinkvision 1440p 60hz
Case Thermaltake Versa H18
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers
Power Supply EVGA 600W
Mouse Coolermaster MM711
Keyboard Steelseries Merc Stealth

:roll: oh looks like you felt offended by something i said, you could have help people to understand better why "you dont have to pay" to restart the game giving "based knowledge" proof or any other data, instead you proceed to insult. I expected more more info coming from you.... cmon call us idiots again :D
I already told you that you dont have to pay to restart the game. You continue to act like you do have to and that the MTX is the end of the world. What you linked is a patch where they are adding the ability to "start new game" for free. There was never anything paid or MTX about it. I mean , at this point I have to assume your trolling because otherwise, i guess you just cant read.

System Name IZALITH (or just "Lith")
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D (4.2Ghz base 5.0Ghz boost, -30 PBO offset)
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master Rev 1.0
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx AG400 Single Tower
Memory Corsair Vengeance 64GB (2x32GB) 6000MHz CL40 DDR5 XMP (XMP enabled)
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil OC 24GB (3.29Ghz boost -40mV UV)
Storage 2x1TB SSD, 2x2TB SSD, 2x 8TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G51C 27" QHD (1440p 165Hz) + Samsung Odyssey G3 24" FHD (1080p 165Hz)
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Corsair HS55 Surround Wired Headset/LG Z407 Speaker Set
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Platinum Modular (1000W)
Mouse Corsair RGB Harpoon PRO Wired Mouse
Keyboard Corsair K60 RGB PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Professional
We get it, your against MTX. Everyone is. But it doesnt make sense to make the MTX such a big deal with DD2. It literally is pointless to buy. Why are you making a big deal out of it when every item is obtainable in game very easily? Do you even own the game or are you just bashing it because its the cool thing to do?

The game itself is excellent. They have massively improved the exploration and map from DD1. The combat is also improved in my opinion. I have about 40 hours in it and I think I am getting close to the end, so its on the shorter side, but still very good.

Having finished the main story today, I agree with this. The game is fantastic and shouldn't be ignored, especially if you're a DD1 fan. It's an improvement in every single way over the original (except maybe the soundtrack).

System Name White Shark
Processor 5600x
Software W10
I already told you that you dont have to pay to restart the game. You continue to act like you do have to and that the MTX is the end of the world. What you linked is a patch where they are adding the ability to "start new game" for free. There was never anything paid or MTX about it. I mean , at this point I have to assume your trolling because otherwise, i guess you just cant read.
this is all the attention youre gonna get from me,
instead of bringing data or info or a different point of view you proceeded to insult everyone who disagreed with Capcom about doing some bs mtx or just providing short options to start/ restart the game with just 1 save, that can be corrupted or anything else, bugs, low optimization.

Its fine if you or anybody else is enjoying the game, idc but the fact " THAT YOU CAME, INSULTED THE TPU COMMUNITY AND THEN DELETED YOUR POST" that made you look like a complete ( whatever fits you better)
i cant take whatever you say serious or even have respect for your position on the matter.
BTW maybe i cant read English that well, cuz English is not my native language but Spanish.

... please dont waste your time to answer me again but to provide something to the thread,
if the moderators consider my posts low quality they are welcome to remove them.

Last edited:
System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
It's really a shame Capcom chose to release it in this state with the pointless micro transactions from what I've read the core game is pretty decent. Nothing new for Capcom their RE/DMC games are released very similarly just with much better performance my guess is RE Engine is just not well suited for open world type games. I skipped the game for now in favor of rewarding Nixxes for doing a good PC port.

For those having a good time with the game awesome regardless of how bad the cpu performance is I'm sure the actual developers worked really hard on this, making games isn't as easy as the armchair pc crowd likes to make it seem.

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
making games isn't as easy
Nor is the making aeroplanes, bridges, and yet they still tend to obey to the gravity law sometimes, in spite all the effort and knowledge. Imagine if the game developer company were tasked to make a plane - "you just board that plane, if you feel it's buggy or unfinished, a small microtransaction tribute might get us in the mood to fix it with the next update" - people proceed to board a plane missing its left wing, assuming the ramp is on the right side.

But there is a difference between an essential type of industry, and the entertaining industry. The main one being responsibility, which the entertaining industry severely lacks in the last decades, and it's getting worse.
as the armchair pc crowd likes to make it seem.
Although I gave you like, I know this part is meant to pick all of us in this thread that complained about the scummy MTX and DRM practices (Capcom is already famous for), and the sad state of the game performance itself.
Something being hard to do doesn't give anyone the right to make it half-arsed, nor deceptive. Fixing the car is hard, and if I want to fix something on a suspension for example, first I need to take the wheel off. After fixing it and fighting with dozens of the rusty bolts along the way, I figure I'm tired and sick of that job already. So when I'm about to put that wheel back, I won't use 5 bolts, but just 2, because the last 3 feel too much of a hard work, and the car is still going to do just fine. It will, until the first apex.
A bit too much of a story, I know, but the largest blame for the terrible state of the (gaming) industry nowadays falls on the people that don't speak truth about it, are blindly supporting it, and mock those trying to raise awareness of an actual product's questionable quality.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
Nor is the making aeroplanes, bridges, and yet they still tend to obey to the gravity law sometimes, in spite all the effort and knowledge. Imagine if the game developer company were tasked to make a plane - "you just board that plane, if you feel it's buggy or unfinished, a small microtransaction tribute might get us in the mood to fix it with the next update" - people proceed to board a plane missing its left wing, assuming the ramp is on the right side.

They do kinda already have microtractions when you board a plane.... need more leg room pay more, need more luggage space pay more, need to eat.... ofc it's optional just like mtx in games. They do the same with cars and safety features. Houses are the same way. So I don't really think publishers are doing anything different one is for entertainment though the others are much more important to daily life for some.

At the end of the day it's all just videogames if you don't like somthing a developer/publisher is doing don't buy it, it isn't complicated. I chose not to buy this game even though I'm a fan of Capcoms franchises but if someone wants to grab it more power to them I hope they get their moneys worth.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Man, this game doesn't have an option to start a new game! But they'll give you the option of editing your character for just a small microtransaction! Or you can maybe earn it in game after how many hours? It's a single player open world RPG FFS, people will want to start over many times because of many reasons, and mostly to try playing many different builds. If you're fine with it, good for you then. It's becoming a norm. People on social media are full of BS by saying it's a great game as well. It runs like crap and it has TWO DRMs. Everyone is fine with that as well? Yeah right...
Can you still recruit your friend's pawns?

They do kinda already have microtractions when you board a plane.... need more leg room pay more, need more luggage space pay more, need to eat.... ofc it's optional just like mtx in games. They do the same with cars and safety features. Houses are the same way. So I don't really think publishers are doing anything different one is for entertainment though the others are much more important to daily life for some.

At the end of the day it's all just videogames if you don't like somthing a developer/publisher is doing don't buy it, it isn't complicated. I chose not to buy this game even though I'm a fan of Capcoms franchises but if someone wants to grab it more power to them I hope they get their moneys worth.
Where my cousin lives. I went by his apartment and we ordered a Pizza. he asked me the approximate time. I said to him why not wait for the buzzer. He told me buzzer service is $100 a month. They even have a fee for Visitor's parking that no one pays attention to ask they ask you to go online to pay.

F me, even ordering a Pizza can be full of MTX, depending on what you order.

The mitigating factor though is that Games generally have MTX broken. It all depends on what gets you to accept them. For me it was Marvel Heroes. I had no issue spending $15-20 buying Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Nightcrawler, War Machine and I am pretty sure I had Black Cat too. Of course that Game was shut down but even today i sometimes load it up to dream about what was. It also showed me how wasteful MTX really is. The base Game is what gets me. Is it fun is the most important part but atmosphere and setting also help. I played the s%% out of Everspace 2 but have spent about 2 hours in Elite Dangerous but I remember spending money on ships for Star Conflict. More so now those experiences make what I like, how I downloaded mods for AMS2 for Project Cars 2 (A Game that I own) that gave me more cars and tracks but I will never buy I racing as the concept of buying tracks is insane to me.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
I was going to buy this game blindly because of the good things I heard from the first game but my brother saved me when he told me about the microtransac. This is Gaming as a Service except you need to pay for the game to work :D

This comment did NOT age well at all..

1711942369192.png

I am on my second playthrough... the Micro-transactions are just there as one off purchases.. and they're almost useless, you can get the items on offer in-game for cheap af, looks like they just put them there for the sake of it (pressure from publisher?).

Installing the Frame Generation Enabler from NexusMods the game is smooth as butter locked at 100 FPS in cities and outside world (To prevent crashes).

This fix also works for 20-30 Gen GPUs

The game reminds me of old school style quests there is a mix of linear quests and then there are events/quests that are not spoon fed to you that you need to unlock with your brain which forces you to think outside of the box and keep an open mind, its honestly great. Reminds me of when I first played Demon Souls, Digimon World (PS1) with a mix of Elden Ring. The graphics are amazing (RE Engine afterall). Game is highly addictive as all classes are powerful resulting in no single META combination, the story *becomes EPIC. I can't stress enough this is my goty lol.

If you want your New Game+ to matter, don't read up on any guides, try explore, unlock everything yourself.

Last edited: