• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Drive cloning issues using Macrium Reflect

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
I've been working on getting my backup routine back into shape, and have been using MR since the ol' Backup and Restore (Windows 7) tool gets crankier with W10 by the day. Anyway, I'm taking the opportunity to move some boot drives around. Everything went reasonably well, except for one machine.

The installation in question is currently a RAID-0 across two 120GB SSDs. I'm trying to migrate it onto a 256GB SM961. The image operation will complete successfully, but Windows will bluescreen at boot and complain about missing \system32\divers\spaceport.sys. I can install a fresh copy to the SM961 with no issues. I thought that maybe since the image was first made without the 961 installed, that the driver hadn't been loaded. So I made a new image after making sure spaceport.sys was in \sytem32\drivers like the bluescreen message wanted. No dice. At this point, rebuilding from a fresh install probably would have been faster, but now it's a matter of principle, dammit. Any suggestions?

Maybe a longshot but lately we had issues to run offline cloned OS. Since we started cloning it from the running OS (we are using mainly Easeus backup) we were able to boot from these cloned drives.